If Jesus Is The Answer

Author: Salixes

Read-only
Total: 23
Salixes
Debates: 0
Salixes
....it would have to have been a totally absurd question.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
can you stop spamming

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Dr. Franklin of all people asking someone to stop spamming?

Inreresting.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
i dont spam topics
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Spam is bad stop spamming
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
are you better than a cow?
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Dr.Franklin
can you stop spamming
Considering I haven't even started spamming in the first place it would be impossible to stop.

Do you care to make a considered comment on the perfectly valid issue that I raised instead of spamming yourself?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Salixes
every religion topic of yours is useless one-liners

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit

At some things yes and at other things no. I would outperform the smartest of cows in an intellectual test but in something like a methane-production contest I would certainly lose in most cases unless I cheated (such as if I consumed large amounts of Mexican and Indian food the night before).

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Dr.Franklin
every religion topic of yours is useless one-liners
Thanks for your very in-depth and informative one-liner there.

You have well and truly highlighted the fact that there are one-liners and there are one-liners.

The probing analysis of the topic's validity in your particular case was was succinct and hard-hitting. Many people just don't realise that there is a lot of cryptical intonation going on in just that one word: "useless".

In which case of course, it would take some time before you fully digest the intricacies and varied themes interwoven into both the topic and the opening post.

Oh I know, I know. You disagree with the over-riding message but then, given the quality and intellect shown in your comprehensive arguments, you would have no problem in offering valuable dialogue to subjects that you find challenging.

For example, I was dead miffed at your objective, lengthy intellectual dialogue in the following post:

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Salixes
determining whether someone is better than a cow is important
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Edgy ironic Athiests tries to meme god but fails horribly at doing so. Looks like a clown
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Vader
Lol!!!
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Vader
Et tu brute.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Dr.Franklin
every religion topic of yours[Salixes] is useless one-liners

Maybe that is because Salixes is used to the fact that none of  theists here are willing to debate anything open and honest concerning any serious criticism made of religion or the scriptures in general without it (in most cases) turning personal and abusive.

Theists simply want 'yes men' all in agreement to discuss exactly the same thing that they all have faith in yet fail to discuss openly and honestly the very thing that they have faith in with the atheist.

Theist simply cannot discuss scripture without relying totally on the supernatural at best and out right lying at worst.

A simple example : Did Jesus walk on water?  Theist say he did, but can never explain how he did it and never prove it.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Maybe that is because Salixes is used to the fact that none of  theists here are willing to debate anything 
Pure lie.

Salixes believes every theist is dishonest or deluded. He doesn't debate, he doesn't argue points, he doesn't use logic.

He believes he is right and the theist is lying before a word is spoken. He is totally deluded, and for 6 years I've seen nothing break through his delusion.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5

Maybe that is because Salixes is used to the fact that none of  theists here are willing to debate anything 

Salixes believes every theist is dishonest or deluded.

And he may have a case. I know from my own experiences that you and Mopac are both dishonest. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
And yet we are the ones who, unlike you, are transparent and willing to answer questions. Strange no?

The biggest sign of dishonesty is a person unwilling to answer questions about his own comments.

Are you aware that many people suspect that you and the genius Sal are the same person?
Stephen
Stephen
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNN
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@ethang5
And yet [Mopac and I] are the ones who, unlike you, are transparent and willing to answer questions. Strange no?

Are we talking about the same Mopac?
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
Sometimes the right answers are not the ones that people will accept as answers.

The issue isn't in the answer so much as the willingess of the hearer of the answer to have a paradigm shift.

What do I try to do? Address the misunderstanding that lead to the question in the first place. To steer someone's attention away from what is not as important as they think.

Not that easy to do with know-it-alls. Something a debate site naturally attracts.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
The Eternal Way of Truth is the answer to life.

Jesus Christ is The Eternal Way of Truth. 

To abide in Jesus Christ is to conquer the universe. To conquer death itself. To live eternally.

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Salixes
....it would have to have been a totally absurd question.
Only to the ignorant. Or the scornful. Or the righteous. Or the arrogant. It reminds me of the story of the pharisee. Hmmm.