Relationship With God

Author: Salixes

Read-only
Total: 41
Salixes
Debates: 0
Salixes
Does your personal relationship with God interfere with your personal relationship with reality?
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
Your personal relationship with God IS your personal relationship with reality because God is The Ultimate Reality.

Your experience is your personal relationship with God.

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

Mopac,

Unfortunately for me is the fact that my personal relationship with our serial killer Jesus, as Yahweh God incarnate, is that I find myself always defending His murdering and despicable ways within the Bible to the Hell bound Atheists!  Because of this, its hard to even find the needed time to supplicate to Jesus by throwing prayers skyward!

If I could only be like you, and just run away from Jesus' murdering modus operandi, and where He becomes a real prik at times, I too would be more at ease with our faith. But, damn it, those parts within the scriptures that show Jesus to be as I stated, remain.  :(

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Accusing reality of murder is stupid.

The Ultimate Reality is God.

Making peace with the way things are is making peace with God.

There will always be suffering in this world, but if people did as they should, a lot of suffering would be alleviated. The sins of humanity create much needless suffering.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
I would also suggest you humble yourself and receive instruction from the Orthodox Church rather than heretics or your own private interpretations.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

Mopac,

YOUR QUOTE:  "Accusing reality of murder is stupid. The Ultimate Reality is God."

Your quote above is nonsensical. I have to ask you one simple question, and that is, do you deny that our Jesus, as Yahweh God incarnate, murdered His creation in the Great Flood because they were evil? Therefore, do you want to call JESUS' INSPIRED WORDS A LIE IN THE FOLLOWING PASSAGE?

JESUS SAID: "For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life under heaven. Everything that is on the earth shall die." (Genesis 6:17)

Awaiting your cogent response this time, okay?

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas

Mopac,

YOUR QUOTE: "I would also suggest you humble yourself and receive instruction from the Orthodox Church rather than heretics or your own private interpretations."

Uh, why do I need the spin doctoring of your Hell Bound Orthodox Church in how one is to read Genesis 6:17?  How else is one to interpret this passage away, in that our God murdered His entire creation, including innocent babies that knew not of evil and of our Jesus' revenge to begin with?  The LITERAL meaning in the passage below explains itself, get it? Huh?

JESUS SAID: "For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life under heaven. Everything that is on the earth shall die." (Genesis 6:17)

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Murder is unlawful killing.

God cannot break the law.

You are expressing a delusional position.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

Mopac,

YOUR VERY WEAK QUOTE: "Murder is unlawful killing. God cannot break the law. You are expressing a delusional position."

Uh, no, you are in a complete DELUSION because our Yahweh/Jesus/Ghost is omniscient (1 John 3:20), therefore He knew someday that His creation will be evil in His eyes, therefore with premeditated MURDER in the passage below, He destroyed His entire creation! Plain and simple, 2+2=4.  I am truly sorry that this act of our Jesus is disturbing you so much, but that is what is expected when we choose Christianity as our faith.

JESUS SAID: "For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life under heaven. Everything that is on the earth shall die." (Genesis 6:17)

To help you discern in what Jesus, as Yahweh God incarnate is truly saying, what part of Jesus saying "To destroy all flesh" and "Everything that is on the earth shall die" don't you comprehend?

Murder: the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

Here, let me help you further with this very simple syllogism, okay?

1.  Who stated these words within the Genesis passage above? Yes, our God did.  

2.  Who did this act of destroying all flesh and promoting that Everything that is on earth shall die in the Great Flood?  Correct, our God did.

3. Now, who is our God? Correct, it is Jesus as Yahweh God incarnate of the Trinity Doctrine and the Old and New Testaments.  

See how easy that was to understand and accept? Good for you!

Now, once you accept simple biblical axioms, then you will become a TRUE Christian like myself, where we have to accept that our Jesus, is in fact, a serial killer as shown above! Case closed.

NEXT?

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Murder is unlawful killing. God cannot break the law. You are expressing a delusional position
Well actually he is technically correct you know.

To start with God is not a human being and we can pretty well accept that He is above the law.

He can kill people and, as is His custom, he can and does kill whoever he bloody wants at anytime he wants.

But it would not be murder.

As Christians point out, "it is God's will".

And God will be a ruthless, cruel merciless bastard.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
You are talking a bunch of nonsense as usual. You are expressing a delusional position.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
You might as well blame God for the death of everything that had ever died, because the reality is that everyone dies.

And what good does it do to point the finger at reality and blame it?

It is only sane to make peace with reality. It is patently idiotic to defy reality.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Salixes

Salixes,

YOUR QUOTE: "To start with God is not a human being and we can pretty well accept that He is above the law."

Huh?  I beg to differ because we are told that we are made in the IMAGE of our serial killer God! Notwithstanding, Jesus is Yahweh God incarnate that had a human body in the same IMAGE as ours! HELLO?!

IMAGE: a physical likeness or representation of a person, animal, or thing, photographed, painted, sculptured, or otherwise made visible.

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” (Genesis 1:26)

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." (Genesis 1:27)

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation." (Colossians 1:15)

"And have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator." (Colossians 3:10)

"And they heard the sound of the LORD God WALKING in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.” (Genesis 3:8)

There're other passages that show our Yahweh God in human form, but these will do at this time.  I am sure you are aware, it takes some comical spin doctoring by the pseudo-christian to explain away the passages above in them showing that God's creation takes on a physical form of God Himself.  Its great entertainment to watch at the expense of the pseudo-christian! LOL

YOUR ADDITIONAL QUOTE: "But it would not be murder."

You are correct, because it would be premeditated murder instead since Yahweh/Jesus/Ghost God is omniscient ((1 John 3:20, Psalm 147:4-5),  therefore He knew beforehand that He was going to murder His creation at any given time which is the definition of premeditated murder.

YOUR ADDITIONAL QUOTE:  "As Christians point out, "it is God's will"

Deducing it to its irreducible primary, yes, it is Jesus' will as Yahweh God incarnate to enact premeditated murder upon His creation at any given time.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

Mopac,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE ONCE AGAIN:  "It is only sane to make peace with reality. It is patently idiotic to defy reality."

I have to admit, it takes a strong person like you to admit that you are idiotic when you deny the reality that our Jesus is a serial killer!

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
To the foolish blasphemy that Christ is a serial killer...

Anathema!

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Huh?  I beg to differ because we are told that we are made in the IMAGE of our serial killer God! Notwithstanding, Jesus is Yahweh God incarnate that had a human body in the same IMAGE as ours! HELLO?!
We may be told such nonsense but rational, level-headed people such as myself do not take a bar of it.

We were not made and certainly not to look like some entity who is supposedly invisible.
There are no such things as God, Yahweh or Jesus.

You are profoundly deluded.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Salixes

Salixes,

Your question to me was that our serial killer God, Jesus the Christ, is not human, remember? Therefore I gave you chapter and verse showing your biblical ignorance where our God has human attributes, and we were made in His image, so saith the Bible. Get it? Huh?

Now, if you are embarrassed about your biblical ignorance pertaining to this topic, like ethang5 continually is when he tries in vain to engage me, then that is your problem. I am NOT here to easily school Hell Bound Atheists like you, understood?

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

Mopac,

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Salixes
Does your personal relationship with God interfere with your personal relationship with reality?
How does one have a personal relationship with reality? 
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Therefore I gave you chapter and verse showing your biblical ignorance where our God has human attributes,
An we are merely talking hypothetically anyway.

And so far as the Bible goes...it is so convoluted, indecipherable, is full of ambiguity, anecdotes, gross inaccuracies and outright lies that it has not one ounce of credibility.

But let's flip back to your dreamworld...as the myth goes.

"Attributes" can mean anything and there is no reference about God being a man and that He is subject to the law of the land".

Now, back to the real world.

IF God were really real and committed so many acts of atrocity, greater than any known leader on earth, there would be mass rebellion all over the world and he would be overthrown. But oh, no. Everyone (who is deluded that is) just turns a blind eye.
Why would that be?
Because they are deluded and spend their lives burying their heads in the sand when anything dares confront them.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Tradesecret
How does one have a personal relationship with reality? 
Well, if someone can have a relationship with God (which is a concept) one could therefore have a relationship with reality.

In practical terms, a relationship with God would involve having hallucinations. 

In practical terms, a relationship with reality would involve being walloped over the head with a piece of 4 x 2 when you least expect it.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
So you are asking if having delusions interfere with being walloped over the head with a piece of 4 x 2 when you least expect it?

Lol.

ah, Salixes, taking "shameless" to new levels.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Salixes
Well, if someone can have a relationship with God (which is a concept) one could therefore have a relationship with reality.
Actually God is a person, three persons in fact. So having a personal relationship with God is obviously possible.  Yet, like a king or a queen or a president or prime minister, having the authority or indeed the right to just waltz into their presence requires something more that just being a person. 

Reality on the other hand is a concept and not a person. Hence it is impossible to have a personal relationship with reality. 

In practical terms, a relationship with God would involve having hallucinations. 
Not sure I understand your reasoning there. Hallucinations have no bearing on this topic at all.  It is absurd to say that you can have a personal relationship with reality if by way of hallucinations. In fact it is nonsense. Hallucinations and reality are not cut from the same ilk. Although it is part of our reality that hallucinations are had by some persons.  

In practical terms, a relationship with reality would involve being walloped over the head with a piece of 4 x 2 when you least expect it.
We are not talking about relationships per se, but of personal relationships.  A 4 x 2 bit of wood is not a person - a person cannot have a personal relationship with a bit of wood.  Hence why believers in an Almighty God find it incredible that other religions attempt to form relationships with objects of material rather than persons. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Tradesecret
Reality on the other hand is a concept and not a person. Hence it is impossible to have a personal relationship with reality.

Three hypostases, One Ousia.

Understand what I am saying.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Tradesecret
It is also worth noting that the Greek word "Prosopon"(person) can imply the heresy of modalism, which is one of the reasons why hypostasis is preferred in expressing The Trinity.

Mopac
Mopac
The Ultimate Reality is not a concept. A concept cannot be The Ultimate Reality as concepts are contingent on conceptualization.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Salixes

Salixes,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE: "And so far as the Bible goes...it is so convoluted, indecipherable, is full of ambiguity, anecdotes, gross inaccuracies and outright lies that it has not one ounce of credibility."

Correct.

YOUR QUOTE: "Attributes" can mean anything and there is no reference about God being a man and that He is subject to the law of the land".

AGAIN, your reading comprehension skills go wanting, I gave you the reference of Jesus' Triune state, Yahweh/Jesus/Ghost, remember? Huh?
Therefore, since Jesus is is God, and He appeared as a HUMAN,  substantiates the Genesis chapters in my posts #13, get it?

YOUR BIBLE IGNORANT QUOTE: "IF God were really real and committed so many acts of atrocity, greater than any known leader on earth, there would be mass rebellion all over the world and he would be overthrown."

Your bible ignorance precedes you at all times! Uh, it is impossible to overthrow our serial killer Jesus because He holds all the aces as Yahweh God incarnate, because He would throw another hissy fit and drown us again in another Great Flood #2!  Under this situation, I am sure that Jesus would "suspend" the US aircraft carrier "Nimitz" and use this ship as an ark for some lucky family to live on and have incestual relations to populate another world.

YOUR TWISTED QUOTE: "Why would that be? Because they are deluded and spend their lives burying their heads in the sand when anything dares confront them."

Barring the fact that you answered your own question to me, and as you can see, I don't bury my head to our ruthless serial killing Jesus, because I accept this fact of His biblical modus operandi. I continue to believe because of the "hook" of an afterlife with all of my Nevada State Prostitutes that I have saved in the name of Jesus!

I'll leave the burying of the heads of ethang5, Tradesecret, Mopac, Dr. Franklin, et al, because they in turn, try so hard by turning themselves into pretzels to spin doctor Jesus' true words away. Get it?

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@BrotherDThomas
I don't bury my head
I have no doubt that you bury your head in the sand by ignoring the fact that what you speak of and what you believe to be true is no more than myths.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
What happen when a immovable troll meets an unstoppable doofus?

Lol

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Mopac
I am not going to get caught up in the debate between the two denominations that both believe they are the one true church to the exclusion of all others.  That was the reason the church split. I hold to the Western Position not to the Eastern one. Yet I don't subscribe to the view that there is one denomination that is the true church. I hold to the view that all denominations which hold to the apostles creeds as part of the True Church. Hence, outliers like the Baptist and the Brethrens, the Presbyterian, Church of Christ are still part of the true church where they hold to the historic creeds. Yet those such as the JW or the LDS are not even outliers - but actually outside the Creedal basis of the church. 

I use the word denomination advisedly, because despite the views of some, it is what it is. Denial of this fact only demeans the church as a whole. 

In relation to the "ultimate reality", I assume you are referring to God. I don't have a position in relation to that idea. For me, at least presently, reality is the way things are in our universe. Ultimate reality is possibly distinguished because it seems to purport to be what things ought to be. In either situation they are still both concepts. It is only as you take the next step to suggest that ultimate reality is God that it ceases to be a concept. 

It is certainly possible to relate to reality in the sense that there is a connection - possibly a function of the same. Yet, to have a personal relationship requires that reality is a person. I think that is nonsense.