Why Society Rejects Religion

Author: Salixes

Read-only
Total: 4
Salixes
Debates: 0
Salixes
What I am addressing in particular, is the doom and gloom aspect of religion; Christianity, in particular. Here we have a belief that keeps its followers hooked through guilt and fear that if they do not commit themselves, they will be punished in an afterlife with eternal damnation in Hell.
Apart from being a load of unfounded nonsense and lies, such threats are extremely primitive and unwarranted in this day and age.

We then have the bigotry and ugly discrimination for which Christian Churches are notorious for and embarrassingly and obscenely behind the times. It is just unacceptable in today's modern society for institutions to make a stand against the rest of society and the law of the land in the name of God.

Churches have had an unenviable history of oppression, abuse, and corruption. They have shown to be very slow, even reluctant to clean up their acts.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
Replies: 0

New name, same old recycled crap spam.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ethang5

ethang5,

Your post represents another of many where you do not address the main topic, but instead, you add nothing but irrelevancy as you RUN AWAY from it.  Who appointed you to be the forums history monitor, and what is to be posted or not in your opinion?  Where do you get this authority?  It certainly wasn't from Jesus, because He adamantly says you are to defend the faith like I do (Titus 1:9), whereas you, runaway from it ad infinitum.

If you can't engage with any topic on this forum, then why don't you remain silent, and the ones that can, let them discuss it without your lame posts clogging up the thread.

I suggest that when you start smelling sulfur, then acquire an asbestos suit because of where Jesus will be sending you, praise Jesus' revenge!

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
I suggest that....
We've heard you a thousand times Dee Dee. Go sit down.

Here is my counter suggestion. When you have nothing to say, don't post.