Are you satisfied by where GDP is right now?

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 4
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
Are you satisfied by where GDP is right now? How well do you understand what it is, and what factors feed and grow it? Here's a quick primer: [1] Consumer spending, [2] business & individual investment, [3] government spending, and [4] a net plus export-to-import trade ratio. All contribute to GDP. And many of you have a problem with #3. #3 would be fine if #4 were truly a net plus, but our trade deficit [more import than export] has been a growing problem for 50 years, and it fights against government spending so that both result in depressing GDP. About time somebody, like Trump, did away with deficit export. That, alone, will help curtail deficit spending by the government. Trump has been trying to tell us that for 4 years: We need new trade deals. When are we going to get what he's doing and stop complaining that NAFTA, TPP, the Paris Accord, and the Iran Nuclear Deal were supposed to be good for trade? If they were, we'd have seen a far better GDP than we have for the last 40 to 50 years. Time to stop doing insanity, expecting the same results, and try Trump's way.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@fauxlaw
No, no, no, no! The Lib Dems want more of the same failed policies that have mired us in debt and multicultural malaise.

You must be a Trump clone.

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@ethang5
I don't know. All I know is that Trump is the first President in decades to recognize that trade is in the pits, and he's doing something about it no President in my lifetime ever bothered to address.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@fauxlaw
I was being tongue-in-cheek. ; )