Age-restrictions are based on biological age, not legal age.

Author: User_2006

Total: 5
User_2006
Debates: 50
User_2006
I would let the users below me talk the talk. I will come back later. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
what age restrictions?
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I think this is in a sense true. People who have a higher biological age tend to act as if they have a higher legal age due to their presence and moxy overall. If someone came on DebateArt.com and was 12, but talked and presented as if it were something bsh1 or Virtuoso or oromagi would say, we would safely assume they are of age to be on the site. Legal age is what matters in critical overall evaluations due to how society functions, but usually people define you based on your biological age more than the legal age. 

But there are reason a legal age exists. People who are not of legal age and biological age are more manipulated by a developed person overall. The best way to protect those people is to set standards of legal age itself in order to try to set an ideal world where pedophilia and others in limited.

I think people on this site are judged by their biological age. Some users who are younger are considered older due to their tone, while others are labelled younger and more immature due to their tone on the site

I think the way we function is fine at the moment with legal age being the precedent for laws
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@User_2006
And regarding this site. This isn't true. A user who debated fairly well was banned for being 11, and not of age to be on the site due to COPPA

With laws regarding COPPA and such, biological age will not overtake legal age.
skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
-->
@Vader
 A user who debated fairly well was banned for being 11, and not of age to be on the site due to COPPA
out of curiosity who was this?