Doom 2016 vs Doom Eternal

Author: Nemiroff

Total: 6
Nemiroff
Debates: 15
Nemiroff
Love Doom 2016. Havent played eternal yet, but ive read/watched alot about it.

The focus seems to be different with 2016 all about charging hordes of demons, while eternal is more about strategic resource management. What are your takes?
User_2006
Debates: 50
User_2006
doom eternal.
Nemiroff
Nemiroff
-->
@User_2006
Why? 
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Nemiroff
You have played Doom 2016 so you might as well play Eternal.

There isn't too much else to be said and if someone does explain the additions to the game it would be spoilers and not something you can go blindly in experiencing it for yourself. 
Nemiroff
Nemiroff
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I don't think spoilers refers to game mechanics and general feel. Not looking for a plot breakdown, and ive seen enough videos to know that a major change is adrenaline charging vs strategic juggling. I definitely intend to play eternal, regardless of its comparison to its prequel, it looks far more fun than anything else out there. But i just wanted to see how people feel about the different play styles. Personally, i thought they would double down on the head on charging of demon hordes.

Also, the platforming.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Nemiroff
I don't think spoilers refers to game mechanics and general feel. 
If I spoil to you a new item that adds another way of shooting how is that not spoiling the game?
ive seen enough videos to know that a major change is adrenaline charging vs strategic juggling.
I think the feel is similar but with additions. It is possible to finish the game without the new additions but I don't think it would be fun.