Posts in total: 14
  • Melcharaz
    Melcharaz avatar
    Debates: 4
    Forum posts: 426
    Melcharaz avatar
    Melcharaz
    In a fictional world, a race made this contract with "God"

Whereas the "Blank" (hereinafter known as `the Worshippers') wish to establish a long-term relationship with an omnipotent and all-knowing deific entity (hereinafter known as `God' or `god') which shall mutually benefit both parties, the parties agree to abide by the following terms and commitments for the rest of eternity.
    The Worshippers hereby promise to perform faithfully and to the best of their ability the following:
    1. Worshippers shall make regular and sincere obeisance to God, including but not limited to prayer, sacrifice, and the building of large structures.
    2. Worshippers shall make every attempt to convert non-believers (hereinafter known as `Them') making sure to obtain signed documents from same attesting to said conversion.
    3. Worshippers shall not enter into an agreement with another deity, without written permission from God.
    In consideration of the above correctly performed obeisance, God shall provide:
    1. Continued existence with little or no modification to the perceived reality of the Worshippers.
    2. No fewer than 3 miracles (Force Majeure), whose exact nature and timing shall be left to God's sole discretion.
    3. Worshippers shall enjoy some form of life after death which shall remain a complete and total mystery to the Worshippers until such time as they die.
    We, the undersigned, hereby swear to fulfill our obligations as defined above.Signed, "Blank".
    (God, being omni-present and all-knowing is considered to have signed this document, by default.)

What are yalls thoughts on this kind of agreement?

• zedvictor4
    zedvictor4 avatar
    Debates: 15
    Forum posts: 3,940
    zedvictor4 avatar
    zedvictor4
    @Malcharaz.

A load of nonsense.

Well, you did ask us all to give you our thoughts.
  • Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    Debates: 0
    Forum posts: 4,468
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen
    @ MELACHARAZ 

I honestly hate those childish  emojis. But it is at times like this that I would give an eye to be able to have a head dropping hard on desk emoji.

What are yalls thoughts

It would have been perfect had you stopped at :

Whereas the "Blank"

• Dr.Franklin
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Debates: 32
    Forum posts: 8,959
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin
    triggered stpehen
  • Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen
    --> @Dr.Franklin
    triggered stpehen

And you cannot spell either.
  • EtrnlVw
    EtrnlVw avatar
    Forum posts: 2,568
    EtrnlVw avatar
    EtrnlVw
    --> @Stephen
    But it is at times like this that I would give an eye to be able to have a head dropping hard on desk emoji.

Ironically that's exactly what I think every time I read your posts.

It would have been perfect had you stopped at :

It would have been perfect had you stopped at: sign up/create account.

• Dr.Franklin
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Debates: 32
    Forum posts: 8,959
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin
    --> @Stephen
    I honestly hate those childish  emojis. But it is at times like this that I would give an eye to be able to have a head dropping hard on desk emoji.

Its gonna be ok, I promise
  • Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen
    --> @EtrnlVw
    Ironically that's exactly what I think every time I read your posts.

Then why put yourself through the pain & misery that my posts cause you? 

Here you are:

• EtrnlVw
    EtrnlVw avatar
    EtrnlVw avatar
    EtrnlVw
    --> @Stephen
    It's gonna be okay Stevie.....*pats em on the head*.
  • Deb-8-a-bull
    Deb-8-a-bull avatar
    Forum posts: 1,102
    Deb-8-a-bull avatar
    Deb-8-a-bull
    You got two packages to choose from. 

Package  #1 .  Fun life this life and according to you ,  Really bad life after death.  
    Orrrrrrrrrr
    Package #2 .   Live this life according to the book that god dId. And after death ,, ☆☆☆☆MEGA JACPOT☆☆☆☆ 

• EtrnlVw
    EtrnlVw avatar
    EtrnlVw avatar
    EtrnlVw
    --> @Melcharaz
    In a fictional world, a race made this contract with "God"

What happens to the other "races"? or how is it relevant to them?

What are yalls thoughts on this kind of agreement?

It's a bit strange, I would think that to worship someone or something there needs to be a natural or provoked desire to do so, not by a contract. The very meaning of worship is an expression of reverence and adoration. That comes through personal experience and observation or even trust, by agreement would be more like a dictatorship and that's not too appealing. Appeasing some Lord for favors or benefits through a contract doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in. 
    On the other hand, if you don't put much emphasis on individuality and individual expression then I see no real reason not to since we sign contracts all the time for mutual benefits. But again it's not very appealing on a personal level. I think if there was more of a personal aspect here it would be more interesting, I don't consider a good "relationship" to be built on terms of ultimatums or contracts. 
  • PGA2.0
    PGA2.0 avatar
    Forum posts: 2,931
    PGA2.0 avatar
    PGA2.0
    --> @Melcharaz
    1. Worshippers shall make regular and sincere obeisance to God, including but not limited to prayer, sacrifice, and the building of large structures.
    2. Worshippers shall make every attempt to convert non-believers (hereinafter known as `Them') making sure to obtain signed documents from the same attesting to said conversion.
    3. Worshippers shall not enter into an agreement with another deity, without written permission from God.

1. As opposed to disrespecting your Creator and treating the home He made for poorly?    2.  Why not tell others the good news of mercy and forgiveness?                                                              3.  What other deity   is there?                                           
  • Melcharaz
    Melcharaz avatar
    Forum posts: 426
    Melcharaz avatar
    Melcharaz
    This was mostly for people who dont worship God, i wanted to see what they thought of a contract agreement with a God.
  • Soul_Doubt
    Soul_Doubt avatar
    Forum posts: 7
    Soul_Doubt avatar
    Soul_Doubt
    --> @Melcharaz
    This was mostly for people who dont worship God, i wanted to see what they thought of a contract agreement with a God.
    Interesting hypothetical.

I mean, who would the contract be made with and how could such a contract be enforced or acted upon?

Oh, of course, someone would come out of the woodwork and claim that he has been authorised to issue the contract by "the other party" and that all worshipers and non-worshipers must sign it because, well, its union rules you know. And any default on the part of the worshiper shall be punishable by forfeiting one's possessions and one's head.

But then, it has already been done as of some 1700 years ago and the agreement was verbal or implied upon one's birth.

Nowadays such agreements, if they were to be written, should be re-worded: Whereas the "Blank" (hereinafter known as the Nitwit).