Honest Thoughts about KSI's album

Author: Vader

Total: 4
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Lets start with this. Yes I enjoy KSI overall. I wanted KSI to win the fight. I am a fan of KSI. I love music than I like KSI so this is my honest opinion on his new album Dissimulation from a musical standpoint. We are going to ignore the culture and what this does for youtube rappers, but we are strictly focusing musically. 

First thing is first, let me go to the singles that were released before the album 

Down Like That; 8.6/10. This is a club banger. SX AND KSI killed the song overall and did extremely well. Rick Ross did mid and Baby was trash, but I think Lil Baby is trash anyway. It’s a nice layered beat and a hard bass. Kinda corny lines but they work. Banging chorus 

Wake Up Call: 6.2/10. The beat is not the best overall. It’s a bit weird and I think it’s not KSI’s style overall. Hence why I think he heavily struggled on this track. Trippie has one of the best features and forms a great hook. It’s above average 

Poppin: 2.6/10. Fucking dog shit. KSI is mid, smokepurpp is ok, and pump is SHIIIIIIIIT. The beat is really in your facey and has too much of an annoying sound to it. Genuinely hate this song

Houdini: 8.9/10. Houdini is a club banger. It goes hard with a swavy beat and a typical UK style. All the rappers killed it on this track and the beat flows well overall. Tion Wayne kills the verse. KSI has some cringe parts,  but it’s a good overall versw

The actual album is where KSI starts testing his range of autotune. Let me just say sometimes you can’t autotune a voice. KSI does not have that autotunable voice: his raw vocals are the best him and I don’t think that style suits him well at all. Lets go to the tracks 

=======
What You Been On: 7/10. I think the lyrics are corny but the feat is good and the autotune is not enough to destroy the song and overall. He has good flow and has a nice track 

Cap: 6/10: offset really disappointed me overall and KSI had so much autotune in this it fucking destroyed the song and it really hurt this song. 

Bad Lil Vibe: 9.3/10. This is easily one of my favorite songs. It’s a playlistable. Jeremih kills his verse overall and the beat is so catchy overall. He uses the autotune really well in his song and doesn’t abuse it. KSI does take a risk by going high but it honestly really works. I think it’s a really good song and it’s one of the best songs

How It Feel: 7.4/10. Another song where I think his autotune destroys his flow. The lyrics are pretty good and I think it’s a chill song, but KSI can’t pull off those type of songs. Beat is too soft and the levels seem off 

Killa Killa: 8.4/10: the girl actually killed the chorus overall and it’s really catchy. KSI goes with a raw vocal with small autotune. It’s a small pester but it’s honestly a good song. I think the beat is unique and catches on quickly with a listener. I enjoyed this track 

Domain: 8.5/10. It’s supposed to be a hard track and it’s good. The lyrics are pretty good and it’s just failing to be that legendary song. It’s a really nice hype song, but it isn’t a playlistable

Undefeated: 7.4/10. I really like the beat, the whistle is a god tier overall and it’s really nice. The lyrics fall under that corny category overall and I think the autotune works again, but it’s a weird mix overall and I am not such if I am fan of it. This is a mixed bag 

Millions: 3/10. Dog shit flow, shit beat. Inaudible chorus. Very deep lyrics with deep meaning

Vader
Vader
Verdict: 6.4/10.

This is not a bad project for his first time overall. I think it’s something he should really be proud of. There some lessons he can learn with autotune and how to not abuse it, but it really comes down to  having experience in that category. I think with the right overall tracks, I think he can be a respectful. I don’t get why people hate it. I don’t think it’s horrible and I think it’s better than some albums. For his first album, it’s something KSI can be proud of
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
He always works with rappers who are far worse than him so that he sounds skilled in them. Put him on a track with Tech N9ne and you will laugh at his lack of skill.

He is a great YouTube personality, I laugh while watching his videos (even his reactions to people who reacted to his songs) but he is nowhere near to a proficient level of rap. He's a mediocre rapper who works with bad rappers to look good.
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
A great YouTube personality. Enjoy his videos. I agree though. He’s not a good lyrical rapper. I sometimes find him corny, especially when he said 

“I spent 500k on the cat”

Still didn’t think it was a bad album. Something he can be proud of. Plus he’s charting in UK