Topic's posts

Posts in total: 12
  • crossed
    crossed avatar
    Debates: 55
    Forum posts: 470
    crossed avatar
    crossed
    We waste six hours of our children time each day.Instead of locking children up and force them to do math for six hours.We should lock our children up and force them to listen to audio books for six hours.

If every audio book is around 2 hours.That is more than 700 books a year.listening to 700 books is more beneficial then a year of education.What i was thinking was children go to school.They sit down.teacher puts on 3 hour book. Then when finished kids go to lunch.Kids return. Then they listen to another 3 hour book.then they go home.They would learn so much more
  • fauxlaw
    fauxlaw avatar
    Debates: 11
    Forum posts: 629
    fauxlaw avatar
    fauxlaw
    --> @crossed
    So, instead of six hours of listening to teacher, they listen to six hours of audio books. Sounds like your idea of dumb school is still dumb. You realize, of course, that while kids have at hand the literal world, nay, the virtual universe at their  fingertips, yet we wonder why they are confused when entering the 19th century structure of the classroom. You've not changed that with audio books.
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    Debates: 248
    Forum posts: 6,768
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    --> @crossed
    School is no different to standard employment in terms of what it is designed to do to the mind and personality of those who undergo it.

It trains you to be:
    1. either obedient or cunning
    2. either hardworking or charming
    3. knowing when and when not to pick a fight of any kind
    These are essential life skills but I agree that in school, especially because teenagers are the most punishing toward the 'weird' out of all age groups, school is not actually good at teaching us the subject matter that we learn, instead it teaches us those three things as life skills.

• n8nrgmi
    n8nrgmi avatar
    Debates: 0
    Forum posts: 612
    n8nrgmi avatar
    n8nrgmi
    we don't need no education..... 
    we dont need no thought control...

school's out for SUMMA...
    school's out for EVA...
  • Dr.Franklin
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Debates: 26
    Forum posts: 7,286
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin
    I mean at least its original
  • zedvictor4
    zedvictor4 avatar
    Forum posts: 1,795
    zedvictor4 avatar
    zedvictor4
    --> @Dr.Franklin
    What is original?

Conditioning is conditioning, we've been doing it for millennia.

Crossed's suggestion is probably the direction we are heading in.
  • User_2006
    User_2006 avatar
    Forum posts: 230
    User_2006 avatar
    User_2006
    IDK what Crossed is talking about, but if you hate school, you are in the wrong school. 
  • User_2006
    User_2006 avatar
    Forum posts: 230
    User_2006 avatar
    User_2006
    I understand that there are substitutes for schools. I agree that audiobooks do the job. I learn how a Sine Function works in school and I learn how math was invented with audiobooks back in my home. I agree that schools aren't needed, and the whole purpose of schools for me is to increase my social capabilities. I usually ace tests if I am being careful enough.

Debating and owning a computer is a quality of non-poor people. Middle classes and Rich people debate using computers. Poor people can't afford computers in most capitalistic states, and they need to go to school. School is useful for some people, but not all. 
  • Dr.Franklin
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin
    --> @zedvictor4
    what cross exposed
  • zedvictor4
    zedvictor4 avatar
    zedvictor4 avatar
    zedvictor4
    --> @Dr.Franklin
    Has crossed been exposing themself?

I personally don't recall ever being locked up for six hours and being forced to do maths....Do you?

Nonetheless, I imagine that systems of information transfer will inevitably develop as crossed suggested, though perhaps in a  somewhat more subtle and subliminal fashion.

Of course, this will be fine as long as religion isn't on the curriculum and  only necessary and non-devisive information is transferred, thus establishing a more peaceful and tolerant global society.
  • Dr.Franklin
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin
    --> @zedvictor4
    By six hours, he doesnt just mean math
  • zedvictor4
    zedvictor4 avatar