what's the best argument that could be made that trump is better for blacks than biden?

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 25
n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi
i saw a black woman on facebook say she's voting for trump, cause what biden has done for blacks pails in comparison to what trump has done for blacks. what could this lady be talking about exactly? i mean i have a few ideas, but. 

trump said to blacks "vote for me. what the hell do you have to lose?" and i'm thinking. maybe your healthcare? trump tried to repeal obamacare and medicaid for the poor. and you stand to gain better healthcare with biden. this alone is enough to say biden is better. 

thoughts? 
Marko
Marko

Maybe (black) voters are more multidimensional and ‘see the greater picture’ than you give them credit for. Maybe, many of them believe that what is good for society as a whole is also good for them. Maybe they are also aware of the terrible long-term consequences positive discrimination has on minority groups, and they no longer want to be tarnished with the forever a ‘victim’ brush. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@n8nrgmi
I think that all this proves, is that educationally, the U.S.A. perpetuates and instils an innate awareness of racial difference  in all it's citizens... In the U.K, any wannabee Prime Minister who referred to "Blacks and Whites", would never get out of the starting blocks.
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@n8nrgmi
One's skin color is completely and utterly irrelevant to one's personal preferences, one's beliefs, and one's opinion on political issues.

Underneath one's skin, there's a human being.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@PressF4Respect
Underneath one's skin, there's a human being.

With skin.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
You won't find out on CNN. They regularly cut away from the feed when that information is presented so that they can push their socially irresponsible narrative to appease their financial endowers.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@n8nrgmi
Jobs and criminal justice reform.  There's plenty of reasons why Biden would be terrible for blacks/everyone.  Obviously Biden thinks they are mindless drones that vote as a monolith, which is disrespectful at best, but then again that's pretty much been the m.o. of the democratic party for a long while.  They assume and expect their votes without doing anything to actually earn them.

Open borders policies disproportionately hurt Black Americans

I believe there is some truth to that.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@PressF4Respect
One's skin color is completely and utterly irrelevant to one's personal preferences, one's beliefs, and one's opinion on political issues.
unless you are a democratic politician, cause if you don't vote for them you ain't black.  I mean they even carry hot sauce with them, smoke weed and listen to tu pac.

PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@Stephen
My point is that individuals don't conform to a single mindset based on skin color.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Unemployment in the African American community is at its all time low under Trump. Biden never attended any rallies and many people note his lack of presence despite the fact he claims he has. He generalizes a race by saying "you ain't black if you ain't voting for me."
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@n8nrgmi
Obamacare is a horrible insurance plan that benefits insurance companies more than anyone else; poor people in general are not in love with it. Biden has promised to veto M4A, so he's actually explicitly told this woman that he won't make her healthcare any better.
Vader
Vader
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
Not to mention Obamacare does nothing for Middle Class who struggle by paying fully for taxes and receiving very little compensation. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Vader
Not to mention Obamacare does nothing for Middle Class who struggle by paying fully for taxes and receiving very little compensation. 
agreed. Obamacare was a republican plan that the democrats picked because they foolishly thought republicans would support their own plan. It doesn't go anywhere near far enough to fix the problem. It was, at best, a half measure designed to treat some of the symptoms while doing absolutely nothing to address the underlying problems. 

Vader
Vader
-->
@HistoryBuff
Incorrect. According to the New York Times, Obamacare had Republican ideas, but it was never fully a GOP, and before the Republican revisions, it was extremely partisan to the Democrats. It’s still a Democratic sponsored and created bill, but small changed made to please the GOP were needed when passing the bill. I don’t hate Obamacare, but I believe it was ineffective
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Vader
Tying insurance to employment is in itself bad for middle class people, and bad for poor people, and that even predates obamacare. The only people our current system benefits are insurance companies and corporate medicine. It's also incredibly fragile, as we're seeing right now.
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
The only thing that could really push black voters away from Biden specifically on the issue of their race is if Biden slips up and tries to defend or support the tough-on-crime bill that really targeted african americans signed back in the 1980's or 1990's, and even still only if this slip up happens like 2-3 days before the election. 

The fact that Biden has openly admitted it was a bad policy to support, that the policy is from over 20 years ago and effectively irrelevant, and that Obama will surely campaign on behalf of Biden to convince black voters to go with him rather than vote for Trump, all combined will almost surely bring back any wavering black support that could break for Trump following his more recent gaffe, and thats not even taking into account that Trump could likely do or say shit that aggravates black Americans just as easily to going back to Biden. 

On another note: In 2016 Trump got all of 8% of the African American vote, how much of that was from people who just didnt like Hillary compared to those that actually liked Trump?...... The 2016 election was effectively a referendum on whether or not 'the system' was working out for Americans. 'The System' overall has worked AGAINST African Americans in almost every measurable way, so those wary of 'staying the course' rather then trying a new path could have found some appeal with Trump.,... This time around though, now that we have had a taste of Trump's way of doing things, Trump has to rely entirely on his record more than what could be speculated to happen back in 2016. Any advantage he might have had up to this point went out the window with the Coronavirus causing the economy to go to shit, the virus impacting minorities higher than average, and Trump's weekly emotional breakdowns regularly making him look bad. I wouldnt be surprised at all if in 2020 the percentage of the African American vote Trump gets drops from 9% to below 5% 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Obamacare was a republican plan ...

Pelosi drafted it while Republicans voted against it. What kind of fake news are you listening to?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Obamacare was a republican plan ...
Pelosi drafted it while Republicans voted against it. What kind of fake news are you listening to?
it's a slightly modified version of a plan from a right wing think tank and Mitt Romney. It is a republican plan. But they didn't make any attempt to discuss the plan with Obama and come up a version they could live with. They just systematically undermined it guaranteeing that millions of people would fail to get healthcare. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@zedvictor4
In the U.K, any wannabee Prime Minister who referred to "Blacks and Whites", would never get out of the starting blocks.
Must be nice...
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
They just systematically undermined it guaranteeing that millions of people would fail to get healthcare. 

Sure..

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@n8nrgmi
blakcs want empowerement, not vitcim mentality
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
this is, in no way, a response to what i said. The website was bad, that has nothing to do with obamacare's underlying plan being flawed because A) obama based it on a right wing plan, and B) republicans did everything they could to sabotage and undermine it. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
It's flawed because the government was in charge.
sadolite
sadolite
If you don't for Biden you aren't black. This pretty much says it all.  I can think of anything more degrading, insulting and condescending. The Democrat party holds black people in complete and total contempt and play them like fiddles. Forever convincing most that they cant succeed and live in a constant state of social slavery at the hands of the white man.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
It's flawed because the government was in charge.
those two things are in no way correlated. private businesses fuck things up all the time. Pretty much constantly. The idea that anything the government does is somehow bad is stupid and childish.