Themeless Mafia 1 - Day 3 & ENDGAME

Author: Lucky

Total: 59
Lucky
Debates: 0
Lucky
Rules

- Please treat your fellow players with respect. This game can get heated at times, but toxicity, harassment, and personal insults will not be tolerated.
- Do not talk about this game while it is ongoing outside of the threads that I have created for this game. Do not discuss other ongoing games in this thread.
- Cryptography/illegible/tiny text is forbidden. Breadcrumbing is fine and does not break this rule.
- Provable randomness is not allowed. You can use random.org to make decisions and you can say "I used random.org," but you cannot post screenshots of your results.
- You may not directly quote any private communication. This includes Role PMs, investigations results, PT messages, etc. You may paraphrase if necessary.
- Once you're dead, you may no longer post in the thread or in any PTs you have access to.
- Play to your win condition and remember to have fun.
- Use the the edit feature will result in a modkill.

Activity & Deadlines

- Prods will be issued after 24 consecutive hours without posting. Prodded players will have 12 hours to post content in the thread before I look for a replacement.
- Prods will be issued through DebateArts' messaging system.
- If you anticipate being gone longer than 36 hours, then you may declare Vacation / Limited Access either in the game thread or through PM.
- Day 1 will have a deadline of 4 days. Day 2+ will have a deadline of 3 days. Extensions may be granted if players request and I see it fit.
- Night Phases will have a deadline of 24 hours. There will be no extensions for the night phase, but I can accelerate the night if every living player requests it.

Voting, Lynching & Night Actions

- Votes must be made in bold, such as: [Vote: Lucky], [Lucky], [VTNL].
- No tricks, if I think it's a vote, I'm counting it as one.
- A player is lynched if they receive a majority of votes (50% of players alive + 1, rounded down).
- Once a majority vote is reached, the game enters Twilight and any unvotes/votes will not count.
- If a majority vote is not reached by the end of the deadline, then no one will be lynched.
- Night actions must be submitted to me by the end of the deadline. If you don't submit an action by the end of the night, then you will forfeit your night action.

Miscellaneous

- If you need to replace out for whatever reason, please do so by PMing me. Do not replace out publicly in the thread or threaten to replace out.
- Once a replace out request has been made public, the player must stop posting as they are no longer in the game. Players who request replacement are not allowed to rescind their request
- Make sure you bold all requests to me or if you need to get my attention. I may make a mistake here and there, so don't be afraid to correct me.
- Punishment for breaking these rules will depend on the severity of the rule broken. Modkills will only be used in extreme situations.
- Do not abuse any loopholes you may find in my ruleset. If you find one, then I'll just change it to work around the loophole.
- I'm the mod, so what I say goes. Any situations that come up not explicitly stated in this rule set will be dealt with as I see fit.

Setup Information

NewD3 (as designed by RadiantCowbells):

I am unaware of how to copy images into DebateArt, so please use the above links to access a chart graphing all possible setups. Further explanation below:

Each NewD3 Game will be given a setup that incorporates one mafia role from the top of a column, and then two town roles from a row below the selected mafia role.
The remaining six roles will be filled in by one mafia goon and five vanilla townies appropriately, to create a 2-mafia and 7-town setup.

All NewD3 games use the Natural Action Resolution system for determining Night action effects. Mafia Roleblocker action takes precedence over a Town Jailkeeper action should that apply.

Mafia are able to communicate in their Private Topic at all times.

Sample role PMs are provided in the setup link.

The roles and their distribution were randomized exactly 1 time.

List of All Possible Setups

Column A & Row 1: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A & Row 2: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A & Row 3: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Mason x2, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 1: Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Tracker, Town Friendly Neighbor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 2: Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town Friendly Neighbor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 3: Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Tracker, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column C & Row 1: Mafia Goon x 2, Town Cop, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C & Row 2: Mafia Goon x 2, Town Jailkeeper, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C & Row 3: Mafia Goon x 2, Town Mason x2, Vanilla Townie x 5

Lunatic has died in the night. He was a Vanilla Townie.

Living Players

warren42 (Replaced Airmax1227)
Danielle
coal
sui_generis
oromagi

Dead Players

Objectivity - Vanilla Townie - Modkilled Day 1
Ragnar - Town Cop - Killed Night 1
Speedrace (Replaced Zaradi) - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 2
Lunatic - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 2
Lucky
Lucky
Official Vote Count

warren42[0]:
Danielle [0]:
coal [0]:
sui_generis [0]:
oromagi [0]:

Not Voting [5]: warren42, Danielle, coal, sui_generis, oromagi

With 5 in play, it takes 3 votes to lynch.

Day 3 ends at  9am EST Monday, June 1st.

Lucky
Lucky
-->
@Danielle
@coal
@warren42
@sui_generis
@oromagi
nac
coal
Debates: 6
coal
VTL Sui
coal
coal
I'll post my explanation as to why when I can.  Busy rn
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
Just FYI, I am always going to read gambits like that anti-town and vtl. It wasn't an informed gambit. So risky. So stupid.

warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
-->
@Danielle
They have a time and place, but denying it was ever softing a PR was what did it for me.

I'm gonna ride or die with Dani at this point. Oro and Sui I don't really have reads on. I like coal at this point but still have to read Lunatic's case. Not sure if him dying implicates coal or was for WIFOM purposes (but I guess that's the whole point of it)
coal
coal
-->
@warren42
I didn't even read TUF's case.  Sui or Oro are the only remaining scum and, frankly, it looks to me like he is the only one who has been sheeping on all the mislynches that any one of I, Danielle, or TUF led.  Oro's made a post in the last day phase or the day before that his mother is in hospice which is why I think he's less likely to be the remaining scum.  He's been almost totally inactive the game, but he seems to have had a good reason for it.  

I initially town-read Max and therefore you get the benefit of that read.  You might be scum, but as far as I'm concerned it's most likely by POE that it's Sui.  

If Danielle was scum she would have jumped off of Ragnar's lynch.  She didn't, so she can't be scum.  So she must be town.  

coal
coal
For me, though, this has been instructive as to how TUF plays his town meta.  He does objectively and subjectively scum-prone things as a townie, and he has played like he was scum for most of this game.   He has deliberately misrepresented information relevant to the last DPs, he has continually gone out of his way to grasp at straws to form "cases" on players whose behaviors were decidedly pro-town, and he has consistently failed to recognize pro-town behavior among town players on whose lynch his vote was placed.  

Then, only when players who engage in objectively and subjectively anti-town behavior, like Ragnar, does he abscond from the wagon in the most self-evidently scum way I have ever seen.  And all the while, he was town.  That is insane.

I wasn't wrong about why Ragnar should have been lynched and Danielle wasn't either.  If Danielle was scum, she should have done exactly what TUF did when Ragnar "claimed" whatever he was claiming.

And moreover,  while Danielle acknowledged the potentially town reasons why Zaradi did what he did, the sort of gambit like he tried to pull is as anti-town as it could have been.  Zaradi bread crumbing mason when Ragnar flips town cop looks inherently scummy, from an objective valence -- even though I was (and it turns out I was right) pretty sure that Zaradi was just trying to draw the night kill, which is consistent with his desire no longer to be in the game, as is evidenced by the fact that he replaced out. 

So while that may have gotten me to question my read on Danielle, the fact that she didn't back down from Ragnar's lynch proves that she has to be town.  That was the first time I suspected Sui was scum, and then the NK on TUF thereafter suggests to me that it has to be Sui. 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@warren42
They have a time and place, but denying it was ever softing a PR was what did it for me.

They have a time and place, but he:
- played dumb (multiple times) and pretended he didn't claim anything
- did not know if Ragnar was town (it was early dp 1) but took the risk anyway
- did not know (but it was likely) if another PR would out themselves to call him a liar
- did not defend this action after playing dumb and replaced out
- did not get targeted during the night

Lynching Zaradi is the only thing that made sense yesterday.

You're gonna be at WIFOM tomorrow and have to decide if coal is bussing Sui or not. Of course Sui has barely posted so good luck with that. 

sui_generis
sui_generis
-->
@coal

I disagree that Dani would have been so nervous as scum that she'd have been compelled to jump off an informed mislynch. you think she's that gunshy? 

I wouldn't be in her place, and Dani is calmer than me 

I'm not scum tho. I'd favor lynching Dani tbh but idk if I'm gonna be able to build a case 

sui_generis
sui_generis
VTL Dani
sui_generis
sui_generis
since it's lylo I'll probably be more motivated lol 
sui_generis
sui_generis
If coal goes for Warren I'd reread and be down for that too 

I'll re-skim and see if I can't find where I got scummy vibes from Danielle early on

I didn't finish reading last dp because I realized it was over and I couldn't reply 

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@sui_generis
I think I’ve been blinded by Dani’s reasoning

VTL DANIELLE
coal
coal
VTL Danielle
Lucky
Lucky
Dani has been lynched. She was a VT. The mafia team of Coal / Oro wins.
coal
coal
-->
@Lucky
MOD:  PLEASE POST THE ENDGAME
Lucky
Lucky
YYW, you are the neediest player I have ever modded for.
coal
coal
-->
@Lucky
All I need is the endgame....
Lunatic
Lunatic
How did none of you suspect coal lol
Lunatic
Lunatic
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@sui_generis
VTL Dani
Dawg you are so lazy. Never play forum mafia again if you don't plan to put in a shred of fvcking effort.
Lunatic
Lunatic
I am policy lynching Oro from now on when he fucking flakes on a game. He legit posts just enough to not get replaced, and never contributes. I am surprised mods even let him play when he does that sh1t lol
Lunatic
Lunatic
It should have been obvious that Coal was scum when I got night killed; He's literally the only one who would gain from my death. If anyone else was scum I was better as a mislynch target in the endgame. The other give away was that it was LYLO and coal instantly voted for sui, so with two mafia left, there was guaranteed scum in sui or coal else mafia could quick hammer. 

Sui it blows my mind you voted for danielle. 
coal
coal
-->
@Lunatic
Back off of Oro.  He just put his mother in hospice and his play was fine.

I was the most pro-town player in the game, and no one read your "case".

I night killed you because you broke the rules by posting game relevant content outside of the game in a Google Doc and Lucky wouldn't do it.  

I suppose Lucky made the right decision, because the win is better this way.
coal
coal
-->
@Lunatic
Frankly, you would have lost as soon as Danielle voted for Sui, because the result would have been the same.  I gave serious thought to keeping you in the game because literally no one was buying your "case" againt me.

lol 
coal
coal
In fact I want to re-share with you this:

The so called "case" against me.

No one was even going to read this, much less be persuaded by it.  

I was going to use it to mislynch TUF DP3, but then I decided I could better claim that I was being set up for a mislynch by scum so decided that the DP would end more quickly without the noise caused by allowing TUF to still be alive.

In the alternative world, Sui votes for TUF (because he was sheeping me the game, which, frankly, was the objectively correct thing to do in every single instance) and then I and Oro would have hammered TUF.  

There is no world where TUF remaining alive wins town the game.  
coal
coal
People really should read TUF's post, though.  I think in seven pages he got maybe two, incidental facts right.  The rest was nonsense. 
sui_generis
sui_generis
I'll go reread coal's posts in light of this but I didn't think max+oro were the scum team, and I wasn't willing to scum read coal based on what I'd seen, and so figured it'd be dani+someone and Town-coal wouldn't pick the wrong target for optimal success, so.