I am no longer getting gmail notifications when people mention me

Author: Christen

Total: 13
Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
Since the owner of this site recently "redesigned" it, we were all told to expect bugs and stuff, and report what we find.

I just logged into this site, and used the notifications to see that I was mentioned in a forum post: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/4265/post-links/176706

However, I did not get this notification in gmail, even though I had email notifications enabled.

I also did not block this person, so I should have gotten a notification in gmail, but I didn't.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Christen
Christen
-->
@DebateArt.com

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
i dont think thats a loss, I remember getting an email and having to look at my phone only to see someone tagged me
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
-->
@Christen
Hi, I apologize for the late reply. I have only 2 ideas about the things that can cause this problem. The first and the most obvious one is that the emails may go to the spam folder, so please make sure they are not there. Another one is that we have a limitation on the website that makes sure that you don't get more than 1 email per type per 5 or 10 mins, I can't recall. So basically if somebody mentions you 3 times in a range of like 3 mins, you will get the email only once. It's a flawed logic and I will fix it at some point. 

7 days later

Christen
Christen
-->
@DebateArt.com
I haven't gotten a single email from debateart in over a month, despite me having notifications turned on, and making sure, in the settings, that the things that debateart should be notifying me on, like when someone mentions me or when the status for one of my debates changes, are set to notify me on. Emails from debate art always go to my inbox, and never to my spam folder. Do you know if anyone else is having this issue?
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Christen
Yo mate, I have fixed the emails today, it should be working now :)
Christen
Christen
-->
@DebateArt.com
Thanks. It works now. I got my email notification. https://i.imgur.com/Z1Eqq8T.png

What was the problem with it anyway?
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Christen
Good to hear and thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Eh, I updated some internal libraries during one of the releases and apparently it broke the code that is responsible for sending emails :/

10 days later

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Dr.Franklin
i dont think thats a loss, I remember getting an email and having to look at my phone only to see someone tagged me
It is possible to disable email notifications.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
how??
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Dr.Franklin
On the current mobile version just press the three bars in the top right and scroll to the bottom of the menu on the left. Select the "notification settings" option near the bottom. Deselect all the options then press the update button.

I have not used the desktop version since the update so ask someone else if you need help with that.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
thank you
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Dr.Franklin
No prob friend.