Minnesota Prosecutors fuck it up, Chauvin probably going to get off

Author: Imabench

Total: 48
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@HistoryBuff
You are justifying killing someone in cold blood.
How am I?
You are attempting to try to blame the victim of the crime by bringing up their past.

No. I am showing why the OP  may have a real point. I have said I personally agree that he should face the full force of law and justice. It looked like second "degree murder" (known as manslaughter here in the UK) to me. But then I am not American. are you?

I have simply stated that the OP " may have a case"  & why. What's your problem?
the info about george's past has absolutely nothing to do with his murder.

And his present. He was caught in the a of committing   another crime wasn't he?    But for some reason you appear to have a mental blockage. Or is there something shiny in your room that is distracting you to what I have actually wrote concerning this very clear murder, >>>>>>>>>  for which the white officer should face justice and  be tried ?

It doesn't matter what he has done in the past. It matter what was done to him now. 

I agree. and you still keep missing this>>>>>>>>>this very clear murder  for which the white officer should face justice and  be tried ?

Do I have to embolden and underline all of my own opinions so that you cannot ever miss them? 

bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Imabench
This was exactly what I had been thinking when he was charged with third degree murder and people were pissed it wasn't a higher degree. I said he will probably walk free then, and we will have to repeat all of this rioting bullsh*t. Plus, third degree is upwards of 25 years, ignoring any other charges, that is still a pretty severe punishment.

As for you mocking Greyparrot, he is correct in his overall message. White liberals are the only group with negative in-group bias. Little fear of a reverse-OJ here.
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
side bar

Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone

The Police are Not Required to Protect You

so what exactaly are they charging the other 3 with?     
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
As for you mocking Greyparrot, he is correct in his overall message. White liberals are the only group with negative in-group bias. Little fear of a reverse-OJ here.

I liked most of what he wrote, but that part was a little implausible. There is overwhelming support for condemning that kind of police abuse across the board among all demographics. After 16 years of the left-wing media and colleges pushing the narrative that whites are a systemic problem in the country, it's ridiculous to think liberal whites would give this cop a break under any circumstance.
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
-->
@Greyparrot
That fact that you would suggest a white-skinned MALE police officer, (probably straight) has an advantage with a jury composed of leftist mouth breathers shows you put zero effort into at least that part of your analysis.

This is an incredibly dumb statement. Cops are notoriously hard to convict. 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Imabench
If the 2nd Degree Murder charge fails because the prosecution cant prove Chauvin intended to kill Floyd, then even if the 2nd Degree Manslaughter charge is upheld, Floyd is looking at 10 years in prison at a maximum

This is wrong. Even if you're not found guilty of 2nd Degree Murder, you can still be convicted of 3rd Degree.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
This is an incredibly dumb statement. Cops are notoriously hard to convict. 

No doubt, but that has nothing to do with the skin of the jury.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
Honestly, I can't imagine a jury filled with Danielle's and Imabench's would give a murdering cop even a second look.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Greyparrot
Honestly, I can't imagine a jury filled with Danielle's and Imabench's would give a murdering cop even a second look.

The defense attorneys are almost certainly going to ask for a change of venue out of Hennepin County to one of the white working class suburbs. They won't convict a cop for anything. It is incredibly rare for police to be convicted, even in 2020. I don't know why you think anyone like me would be on the jury lol. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
In that case, it would be a problem, changing the venue, but my point still stands. The ideology of the jury is far more relevant to whether or not the cop gets an advantage than skin color, and current polling shows across the board among ALL demographics that the number of people sympathetic to a murdering cop are far and few in between. There are many reasons to show why a cop won't get convicted, but the skin color of the jury aint one of them. You have whites on social media literally kneeling in subservience whenever a BLM supporter asks them to, with no hesitation. It's not a skin color thing, it's an ideology thing.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Greyparrot
You are like 10% right. Ideology is relevant but skin color most certainly is too, and people's visceral reaction to the news doesn't guarantee a verdict. OJ wasn't convicted. Casey Anthony wasn't convicted. The Rodney King cops weren't convicted. George Zimmerman wasn't convicted. These are high profile cases off the top of my head, but there are SO MANY and with cops there are even more cases where the jury can be moved by a reasonable doubt. It is incredibly easy to get police off. They can kill someone on video and get off... Eric Garner anyone? No charges. All it takes is one juror who has a son/ nephew/ cousin that is a cop and has empathy for the job cops do. All they have to do is picture the cop they know in a situation like that and it's very easy to be moved. 

In most cases, it is extremely easy to portray a scenario in which a cop has to make a split second decision where he could have feared for his life. In this case, Chauvin's attorney is going to say that he was restraining a suspect that was being very disobedient and resisting arrest. He will say that Minnesota cops are allowed to use chokeholds (they are barred in some states but not MN) and that it is unfortunate that accidents happen. He will say Floyd was overweight, that he had Fentanyl in his system, and that this was a mistake but not intentional murder. 

What I'm really upset about are the two cops who are going to be very "sympathetic" because it was their 3rd and 4th day on the job. They are going to use the defense that they were following their superior officer. One of them asked if they should roll Floyd over on his side. If I was the prosecutor, I would say "That's nice but at what point did you remove your knee from his back?" 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
a LOT has happened to the social climate since the OJ and Rodney King Cops trial, so those comparisons are not very accurate.

Just comparing the crowd sizes in the BLM era for police victim protesters and crowd sizes for victimized police protesters, it's overwhelmingly against the favor of the cops. You can see oceans of white people protesting against the police. We never saw ANYTHING like that in the Bill Clinton era.

The fact that one person can decide to vote a cop not guilty isn't indicative of a problem with the color of the skin of the other 11 jury members. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
Can you honestly tell me that a jury composed 100% of these whites depicted in this video would even think about acquitting Chauvin?

How about a jury composed of 100% Candace Owens?

There's no WAY you can tell a goddamned thing about what a person believes in their heart just by looking at their skin.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Greyparrot
There's no WAY you can tell a goddamned thing about what a person believes in their heart just by looking at their skin.

I can't click that link because I'm on a call and don't want sound to play, but why do you keep repeating yourself about race?  I said that race was relevant; I never said it was the only thing that was relevant. The fact is white juries are much more likely to side with cops. This is an indisputable fact backed by data. That is exactly why they will want to move out of adiverse county to a whiter one... just watch. 

In another chat YYW said they need a white, clean cut, clean shaven JAG type to prosecute the cop, and Chauvin needs a black, clean cut, tall, good looking defense attorney with two women on the defense team, ideally one of them being black. I completely agree with this. You are delusional if you think race has nothing to do with this. It shows how little you know about trying cases. Image wins cases. Emotion wins cases. How the jury FEELS means everything. Do they trust the attorney? Do they trust the cops? Do their tears seem real? 

I agree a lot has changed since Rodney King and that there is a lot of pressure to convict, but that pressure can backfire. That can be used to manipulate the jury into NOT convicting. "They just want you to make an example out of these cops, but the facts show that these officers were doing what they were trained to do. This technique is shown in the police manual. The suspect resisted being handcuffed. We cannot tell police they are not able to use force to arrest someone..." 

I'm telling you the fact that you're making this sound so easy is honestly just a reflection of pure ignorance. I'm not confident they will get murder 2. I think they will get murder 3 and hopefully the judge is smart enough to give him the max sentence. I'm worried about the other officers though; I think they will get off a lot easier than they should. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
I'm telling you the fact that you're making this sound so easy is honestly just a reflection of pure ignorance.

I never ever said it was an easy case. I only said if the prosecution could get a white jury from the affected area that there would be bias against the cop. You brought up the change of venue that makes that point I had irrelevant. The OP claimed a Minnesota jury of whites would acquit him, but it REALLY depends on which whites you are talking about. (for example, the suburban whites you brought up vs inner city whites shown in my video link)

You actually reinforced my point that skin color was not the factor. The cultural location was though.
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Danielle
This is wrong. Even if you're not found guilty of 2nd Degree Murder, you can still be convicted of 3rd Degree.

Good stuff, I couldnt find evidence that that was the case for Minnesota anywhere
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Danielle
 why do you keep repeating yourself about race?
Thats all he does..... He enters a thread and insists on repeating the same retarded talking point he set his mind to for that day with no intention of actually participating in the conversation that is taking place. 

12 days later

Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@Imabench
TBH what struck me as the hardest part of the case was proving beyond a reasonable doubt that the knee to the neck caused death. For all I know he was having a heart attack before the police showed up and would have died anyway.

CASE TITLE: CARDIOPULMONARY ARREST COMPLICATING LAW ENFORCEMENT SUBDUAL, RESTRAINT, AND NECK COMPRESSION

[...]

II. Natural diseases

A. Arteriosclerotic heart disease, multifocal, severe

B. Hypertensive heart disease

1. Cardiomegaly (540 g) with mild biventricular dilatation

2. Clinical history of hypertension

[...]

Cross sections of the vessels show multifocalatherosclerosis, with 75% proximal and 75% mid narrowing of the left anterior descendingcoronary artery; 75% proximal narrowing of the 1st diagonal branch of the left anteriordescending coronary artery; 25% proximal narrowing of the circumflex coronaryartery; and 90% proximal narrowing of the right coronary artery.