I'm pro life, and Trump told a woman to get an abortion that resulted from his sex

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 24
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog

If abortion is really murder, then what Trump did is unforgivable, if he did it.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheUnderdog
Trump has done so many terrible things I have lost count. If that's the one that jumps out at you as the worst that seems a little odd.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@TheUnderdog
With all due respect there's so much fake crap circulating about the President I'd need to see it from somewhere more official to even consider it. Even if true, while it would reflect a gross moral failing beyond probably anything else he's done in his personal life, he is nonetheless spearheading the movement to end the practice or at least redelegate to the states the power to end the practice. Trump's involvement in one murder, if it actually happened, happened. But replacing him with Biden on account of this (or anything else) could allow hundreds of thousands of future murders to take place unabated.

Or to put it another way, any Democratic president, whether we're talking AOC or a walking piece of human refuse like Jim Carey, or even a "moderate" like Biden, would nominate justices who leaned Democrat. These would be at least "moderately" pro choice (as one might've been "moderately" pro slavery, I guess?). They would hand down rulings making it harder to restrict abortion. Even if as a presidential candidate this person said they were pro-life, and EVEN IF THEY MEANT THAT, as president they'd be tied to the institutions of their parties. A pro-life justice might also lean right on other issues, so even if as president this person might want to deal a blow to abortion he'd consider it not worth eroding his party's grasp on issues like election redistricting or corporate tax law.
If nothing else nominating such people would be an act of mutiny against his/her party and they'd deny him/her the nomination for re-election. The Democratic Party keeps notoriously tight control over its own members and relies on superdelegates to swing primaries in favor of the candidate who the top brass wants. President or not, this person wouldn't get away with a political slight of that magnitude.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
he has always been a degenerate for a while
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
he was also a democrat for a while
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Swagnarok
But replacing him with Biden on account of this (or anything else) could allow hundreds of thousands of future murders to take place unabated.
I don't think Biden should be running, but at least Biden's not a hypocrite on abortion.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@TheUnderdog
Added 06.18.20 07:55AM

If abortion is really murder, then what Trump did is unforgivable, if he did it.

This is fake news.  Barry Friedman is a comedian and podcaster living in Tulsa, OK.  The link may look like news but I can't find any similar article published by the Dallas Morning News going back to to 2016.

I googled both of the alleged text messages

• "Donny, you’ve been parading your pro-life stance all over the place but you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child when you thought it would be bad for you.
    • and
  • “While I don’t think it’s mine, I really don’t. I can’t prove it, but I bet you’ve had a lot of sex. Anyway, I’ll send you a thou to get rid of it.”
The source for both  quotes seems to be this friedmanontheplains website.

As far as I can tell, it remains true that any evidence for Trump funded abortions is circumstantial

• Trump is a proud and prolific philanderer.  He has boasted on multiple occasions of  sexually assaulting and harassing women. He has been accused of every manner of sexual misconduct from harassing, peeping, and groping many employees to rape (including rape allegations by one ex-wife and one 13 year old girl.  Many women have many stories of being recruited to attend Trump parties and  visit Trump properties when they were younger the 18.  Many corroborations confirm that Trump refuses to wear a condom. Since such misconduct is likely to produce unwanted pregnancies and since we don't know of any successful patrimony suits, speculation regarding at least some abortions seems reasonable.
  • Trump was pro-abortion most of his life.  The first indication of a change was 2011 as Trump began to think seriously about politics.
  • Trump has retained lawyers and prominent journalist who specialize in sexual misconducts "catch-and-kills" intercepting stories like rapes and abortions and hushing up women with money and contracts.  That there are many unseen cases has been testified in court but naturally, no details are available.
  • Trump's standard non-disclosure agreement (signature of which is required of most Trump associates and employees) explicitly prevents any discussion of Trump funded abortions.
  • When asked point blank about funding abortions, Trump has refused to answer.  We should note that Trump is famous for lying on any subject in any circumstance so his refusal to answer (even if just to falsify a denial) is uncharacteristic and rather suggestive.

Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@TheUnderdog
Morally sincere murder is still murder.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Swagnarok
What if I told you that if a democrat gets into office, that they could end up reducing the number of abortions by expanding on contraception?
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@ethang5
@TheUnderdog
According to my friend ethang Trump is pro-life which means you are wrong.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Hypocrisy is possible for people.  It is possible Trump is a hypocrite, or at least would have a radical mind change.  Either way, if he was responsible for the abortion, in the mind of a pro lifer this constitutes murder and the best punishment he can be given from his pro life base is voting for someone else, namely someone who is not a hypocrite and is pro life.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
It's true, Trump was a vicious Democrat before he switched parties.

Hopefully, Trump gets exposed for being a Democrat so that a Democrat can take power.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
It's true, Trump was a vicious Democrat before he switched parties.
he was a vicious a democrat, he is now a vicious republican. The problem is not his political affiliation. The problem is he is vicious and has no morals. I'm sure he'd gladly join the nazi's or the communists if it would benefit him. 

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@HistoryBuff
The problem is not his political affiliation.
Are you seriously suggesting that we judge him based on his own merit rather than whether there is an (R) or a (D) next to his name on the TV screen?!?!

This is America, sir! We will have none of that outlandish talk here!
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@TheUnderdog
Either way, if he was responsible for the abortion,
What abortion? You realize the link you pasted in post one is satire right? It didn't actually happen in real life.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Greyparrot
Trump was a vicious Democrat before he switched parties.
If true, then his own base would think he is a murderer and should want him out of office.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I don't think it's satire.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@TheUnderdog
I don't think it's satire.
Did you actually read it or just the headline?

15 days later

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
I'm sure he'd gladly join the nazi's or the communists if it would benefit him. 
Yet it's Trump's opposition that is lawlessly burning buildings, looting stores, and canceling free speech on college campuses! Weird huh?

If your dogma trumps reality, (pun intended) you're liberal left.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5
Yet it's Trump's opposition that is lawlessly burning buildings, looting stores, and canceling free speech on college campuses! Weird huh?
no, it's trump's authoritarianism that causes him to attack peaceful protesters. 

your attempts at humor are as sad as your misguided beliefs. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@HistoryBuff
I'm sure he'd gladly join the nazi's or the communists if it would benefit him. 

no,...
No what? Cause you're about to pivot to something that makes your "no" irrational. Is it not Trumps opposition lawlessly burning buildings, looting stores, and canceling free speech on college campus? To what does you "no" refer slick?

...it's trump's authoritarianism that causes him to attack peaceful protesters. 
I guess those building burned themselves, and those stores self-looted

...your attempts at humor are as sad as your misguided beliefs. 
And one day you will have a logical reason for thinking so instead of basing it just on your feelings. You have said "no" at the observation that it is Trumps opposition that is lawlessly burning buildings, looting stores, and canceling free speech on college campus, and you think your dogma doesn't trump reality?

What is more nazi-like? Trump, or his opposition lawlessly burning buildings, looting stores, and canceling free speech on college campus? Don't answer. The question was rhetorical.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5
no. It is criminals who are looting things. They are not "trump's opposition". 

I guess those building burned themselves, and those stores self-looted

you are intentionally ignoring a critical detail. That protesters and looters are separate groups. There are people out protesting, fighting for their rights and freedoms. There are also looters out there trying to steal or destroy things. There is a little bit of overlap between the groups, but they are largely separate. But you wouldn't believe that because fox news just wants you to think they're all criminals and terrorists so that you will immediately dismiss them.

What is more nazi-like? Trump, or his opposition lawlessly burning buildings, looting stores, and canceling free speech on college campus? Don't answer. The question was rhetorical.
well i will answer anyway. It is trump. trump loves authoritarian leaders. He loves fear mongering about minorities and foreigners. He loves exalting uses of force on his opponents. These are all classic nazi traits. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@HistoryBuff
you are intentionally ignoring a critical detail. 
Really? Intentionally?

That protesters and looters are separate groups.
Oh, I know that most of the protesters are not looters. I'm not saying they are the same people. I'm saying that they are all liberals.

There are people out protesting, fighting for their rights and freedoms. There are also looters out there trying to steal or destroy things.
Yes, and all of them share that leftist political ideology.

There is a little bit of overlap between the groups, but they are largely separate.
Separate people, but similar political ideology.

It is criminals who are looting things. They are not "trump's opposition". 
Really. Trumps opposition cannot be criminals? How do you know the political positionof the looters? How about the people tearing down statues? Are they criminals, or the upstanding Trump opposition?

But you wouldn't believe that because fox news just wants you to think they're all criminals and terrorists so that you will immediately dismiss them.
And my dismissing them benefits fox news how? If you blame fox news, does that frees you from having to offer logical, rational debate?

well i will answer anyway. It is trump. trump loves authoritarian leaders. He loves fear mongering about minorities and foreigners. He loves exalting uses of force on his opponents. These are all classic nazi traits. 
That is worse than actually burning down buildings, looting businesses, and physically and violently forcing speakers on college campuses to be silent?

(Gentle Reader, do you see the derangement? "Loving authoritarian leaders" is worse than burning down buildings and physically attacking people with a different political view. This is what the left calls "tolerance". And they wonder why Trump will win in November.)
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
Donald Trump is a hypocritical jackass. Tell me something I don't know.