Californian legislature votes to strike down Civil Rights legislation: Prop 209

Author: triangle.128k

Total: 41
triangle.128k
Debates: 0
triangle.128k
(a) The State shall not discriminate against, or grant preferential treatment to, any individual or group on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin in the operation of public employment, public education, or public contracting.
(b) This section shall apply only to action taken after the section's effective date.
(c) Nothing in this section shall be interpreted as prohibiting bona fide qualifications based on sex which are reasonably necessary to the normal operation of public employment, public education, or public contracting.
(d) Nothing in this section shall be interpreted as invalidating any court order or consent decree which is in force as of the effective date of this section.
(e) Nothing in this section shall be interpreted as prohibiting action which must be taken to establish or maintain eligibility for any federal program, where ineligibility would result in a loss of federal funds to the State.
(f) For the purposes of this section, "State" shall include, but not necessarily be limited to, the State itself, any city, county, city and county, public university system, including the University of California, community college district, school district, special district, or any other political subdivision or governmental instrumentality of or within the State.
(g) The remedies available for violations of this section shall be the same, regardless of the injured party's race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin, as are otherwise available for violations of then-existing California antidiscrimination law.
(h) This section shall be self-executing. If any part or parts of this section are found to be in conflict with federal law or the United States Constitution, the section shall be implemented to the maximum extent that federal law and the United States Constitution permit. Any provision held invalid shall be severable from the remaining portions of this section.
The following is the section that has been voted to be struck down by the Californian legislature. Thoughts? 

triangle.128k
triangle.128k
Note that this would be going through a referendum before it actually applies. Either way, it is quite shocking none the less.
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@triangle.128k
What part did they cite as the reason to strike it down?
triangle.128k
triangle.128k
-->
@PressF4Respect
I'm not sure, but I imagine the rationale for this will be to legalize discrimination against Asians and Whites
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@triangle.128k
or grant preferential treatment to..

That's the key phrase here. It abolishes affirmative action.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@triangle.128k
Utter disgrace and proof Democrats aren’t for equality.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@triangle.128k
Yeah, I saw this.... Going to look identical to South Africa any day now.

Anti-white rhetoric: check

Anti-white media: check

Anti-white attacks rising: check

Legalizing discrimination: we shall see

How soon until they say this is stolen land, and it must be given back to the "natives"? How long until they say our wealth comes from slaves, so we need to pay up (already trying to get reparations)?
Username
Debates: 9
Username
Why would this only affect white ppl lmao
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Username
Pretty sure systemic preferential treatment in California isn't going to include Whites. Call me a wild gambler.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Username
Have you not been noticing the anti-White bigotry?

They have required masks in Oregon- but you can exempt yourself if you are not White. https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/06/23/oregon-county-issues-face-mask-order-exempting-non-white-people/amp/

Whites are only ~36% of the population in California. Constantly have bigoted media and schools talking about how “white man oppressor” “white man enslaved and killed everyone rawrrrr”. Lying and selective covering of white-on-minority killings when those are incredibly rare to ramp up anti-white anger.

So, having a hostile media and a small portion of white people will probably lead to white discrimination (maybe Asian, too. We shall see. Nobody cares when Asians or Whites are hurt by affirmative action).
Username
Username
-->
@Greyparrot
@bmdrocks21
Forget what I said before didn't read legislation carefully 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
The most insidious anti-white racist thing being taught at Marxist universities today is this concept of unconscious bias. It basically says simply having the DNA of white skin makes you a problem for society whether you know it or not. This ties on along nicely with the concept of blood-guilt, being responsible for the actions of long-dead people that you happen to share DNA with.

Has to be some of the most pernicious teachings ever to come out of the racist universities. In the 1800's junk academics used similar logic to justify why people with black-skin DNA were an inherent problem for society.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
wow
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
And honestly, you don’t even have to be the descendant of anyone bad. You could have come over here in the 1990s from Europe and they will still demand reparations because you’re White. They don’t care if you are the descendant of a slave, either. If you are White or Black, you are either oppressor and oppressed, respectively.

Like I said, this is exactly how South Africa is becoming, but here White people are still a majority- they better hope they don’t awaken a beast. Eventually people will get sick of the demoralizing and White guilt.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@bmdrocks21
..."How soon until they say this is stolen land, and it must be given back to the "natives"?"

Truth is truth irrespective of those who want to deny the truth.

.."How long until they say our wealth comes from slaves, so we need to pay up (already trying to get reparations)?"..

Our wealth comes from the Earth via sun.  So who owns the Earth and sun?

When is humanity going to learn that the only way forward for their longer term survical ---with least amount of suffering to most people---  is to cooperatsite?

Isnt cooperation the opposite of an individuals independent freedom?  ...'Hell no I wont cooperate!  Cooperation is for monkeys, meerkats, doplhins and wolves!'....

...'I'm a damn human and proud of it!'.....' Do I look like a wolf to you?'......
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@ebuc
Oh boy, we won a war against other thieves! That makes America BaD. Let’s force every country to give its land back to the first people who were ever there while we’re at it.

Wealth also comes from the Earth and those who spend their time refining things. What is your point?

I never said anything about not cooperating with others. And cooperation between some people isn’t possible. What do you do then?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@bmdrocks21
..."Oh boy, we won a war against other thieves! That makes America BaD. Let’s force every country to give its land back to the first people who were ever there while we’re at it."  ...

Stole it and tortured the people that it was stolen from.  In USA this began in 1700's and continued on through 1800's. So that was maybe 100 years of reparations USA citizens owe to those indians who were affected by the white people.

Earth belongs to all humans and should be treated with respect as we should treat each other with respect.

The only way humans know how to get respect is to get a bigger and faster gun with respect for what is done to the ecological environment along the way.

Humanity dooms themselves to extinction, is my intuition, speculation best estimate, based on what Ive seen for some number of years now.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@ebuc
Lmao, we don't owe a cent to losers, many of whom attacked us first. How about they pay reparations for the villages of other native tribes they slaughtered and scalped first?

And we already give them huge government grants and let them live autonomously if they choose. They have a pretty solid gig going on.

We probably are doomed, though. Countries with backwards cultures are much more populous than civilized, Western ones. And the Western ones are becoming degenerates, so soon we will all be backwards freaks soon anyway.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@bmdrocks21
..."soon we will all be backwards freaks soon anyway."...

"Soon?" Much of humanity is already backward freaks, as we go forward into our future and many of those who are not want to follow the backward freaks over the cliff extinction.  What a sad tale is being played out for those who do have ego based filters to block out reality and truth.

I see there is now a Asimov tv series out now based on his original triology "Foundation". Pychohistory etc. Saw a brief trailer of it.

Years later some one else tried to continue with the story but it was very boring 4th and 5th books.

sorry, ive gone way off topic.  I now return you to you regularly scheduled program,  The Outer Limits of a Civilized Society.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@ebuc
AWWWWWW. I hate that show!
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@bmdrocks21
Yeah, it is  a real freak show ...* ! *...  compared to Bonanza.

Well Hoss, you, Adam and Little Joe go on over to the court house to find out what this prop 209 is all about.

If we have to fight this, we will set Bonanza on fire....play Bonanza music and set Bonanza territory map on fire.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
@ILikePie5
since the first 2 people (Adam, Eve) originated in Africa and I'm descendants of the first 2, I want my piece of the free pie.
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
More specifically it's a proposal to vote on the issue. The issue is ripe for a referendum, but I would vote against it because racism is unfair in general. Repealing prop 209 would be especially unfair to asian parents who moved to California and setup roots because they believed that prop 209 would protect their children from racist policies in college admissions.
Username
Username
-->
@Greyparrot
The most insidious anti-white racist thing being taught at Marxist universities today is this concept of unconscious bias. It basically says simply having the DNA of white skin makes you a problem for society whether you know it or not. This ties on along nicely with the concept of blood-guilt, being responsible for the actions of long-dead people that you happen to share DNA with.

Has to be some of the most pernicious teachings ever to come out of the racist universities. In the 1800's junk academics used similar logic to justify why people with black-skin DNA were an inherent problem for society.
Unconscious bias as an academic concept is not exclusive to white people lmao
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Username
Unconscious bias as an academic concept is not exclusive to white people lmao.

Good. Now we have an academic reason to hate everyone equally.
Username
Username
-->
@Greyparrot
First - why are you pivoting? 

Second - Unconscious bias helps us understand a lot of attitudes people have towards race. Academics don't want everyone to hate each other. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Username
Then what's the point of teaching it over, say, everyone has fingernails?

It couldn't possibly be taught for the same reason testosterone toxicity is taught, right? A justification for otherness and social shaming over things you got stuck with at birth due to a bad roll of the DNA dice? Nawww.
Username
Username
-->
@Greyparrot
Like how you ignored your own pivoting. You literally spread this false "they just hate the white man" narrative and in reality I demonstrated to you that there is no evidence that it has anything to do with whiteness exclusively.

Are you equating the knowledge that people can be biased without knowing it, something that would be massively impactful in understanding racial disparities in things like sentencing and race relations with something like everyone has fingernails?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Username
Are you equating the knowledge that people can be biased without knowing it, something that would be massively impactful in understanding racial disparities in things like sentencing and race relations with something like everyone has fingernails?

Absofuckinglutely. If you wanna go down the rabbithole for judging people for things they can't control, why stop at fingernails?
Username
Username
-->
@Greyparrot
This is the third time I have to call you out for pivoting on your initial position and not addressing why you did. 

Absofuckinglutely. If you wanna go down the rabbithole for judging people for things they can't control, why stop at fingernails?

No one's talking about judging people. People are actually talking about understanding racial disparities in sentencing, arrests, race relations in general, but ofc you keep ignoring this.