The creation of humanity in the Bible is similar to Us creating Artificial Intelligence.

Author: User_2006

Total: 12
User_2006
Debates: 50
User_2006
I remember the story goes like this: Two humans, male and female, called Adam and Eve, were created under God's impression. There was the tree of life and the tree of knowledge in the middle of the two's habitat and God warned them not to eat the fruit on the tree of knowledge. One day Eve ate the fruit on the tree of knowledge and she became smart, and so did Adam. Then God warned them not to eat the fruit on the tree of life, then made them live in a separate habitat. 

The story is not accurately accurate, and no need to point out unless I am missing something vasty giant. 

This can relate to us creating AI. We don't know what it will do when it gets smart and act like humans. Then, we need to make them die because if we don't, they will take over the world just because they want to survive. 

What is more curious is about Jainism. It could be possible that our "God" is the people from the last period. In fact, a tale about ancient giants could be about them. Jainism said that this period began 2,450 years ago, so the ancient Giants could possibly produce "God" because they live for MUCH longer than us, and we could perceive them as immortal. In fact, Jesus might be as intelligent as "God" because it was the descendant of God itself. 

Upon the humans' improvement, it is perfectly reasonable that we could create something smart 20,000 years later. It might be as small and live shorter because it would help us observe how life works easier. the Jain cycle cites the time period after this period of humanity as a lack of religion, and sorrow. Machines simply know how to destroy, and it would be very hard for them to develop a religion because they were machines. The other half-circle could be that instead of locking the newly-produced AI, they give the new AI both the fruit on the tree of wisdom/knowledge and on the tree of life. 

I might be creating an urban legend or I might be exposing what the government is trying to hide from us plebians. Either way, that is interesting. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
The story is not accurately accurate, and no need to point out unless I am missing something vasty giant.
Priceless!

Though, the analogy of the analogy is sound enough.

Perhaps the universe is a Giants teardrop.
User_2006
Debates: 50
User_2006
-->
@zedvictor4
I don’t care how agnostic you are, but I am too. We won’t know until we know. 

The thing above may be a conspiracy theory or an urban legend, but it is just a hypothesis that may or may not be true supported by evidence that may or may not be true. Thus, it may or may not be true.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@User_2006
missing something vasty giant. 
Yeah, like not getting the point of free agency. When God warned Adam & Eve about the trees in the Garden, He said "Of every tree thou mayest freely eat." Every means all, no exceptions. However, He added that to eat of the tree of knowledge would being the consequence of death. Apparently, all other trees had no such consequence, nevertheless, He left it to their choice to eat of it, or not. That's free agency. And that's also a suggestion to understand what death is. Is death a bad thing? As long as it does not last, because of a resurrection, no, it is not a bad thing. It's just a door. We encounter those all the time.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
Until AI is sentient, and it is a long way from that, AI is nothing like the creation of Adam & Eve.
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@User_2006
Cool man... i like the analogy and your speculation here. Very interesting way to look at it. 

This can relate to us creating AI. We don't know what it will do when it gets smart and act like humans. Then, we need to make them die because if we don't, they will take over the world just because they want to survive. 
With the above said however, i personally don't think this will happen... "taking us over" ... bc by the time we know how to make truly sentient intelligent A.I. ... we would have likely at this moment be cyborgs ourselves. I think humans merging with machine will happen before and/or close to the same time we create intelligent A.I. 

Something interesting i thought is in the rebuttal to the fine-tuned universe argument. Bc some of the arguments against is that the rest of the universe is hostile to life. That's true, but it's hostile to biological humans. When we fully merge with machine... the universe is perfectly fine-tuned with the material needed for this age of machine existence. I'm not religious in any way... i just thought these things are interesting. A.I. in general is an interesting thing that just a few years ago no one even thought possible. Crazy what potential humans have. But then again, i always say it... our imaginations are a pretty powerful superpower. 

K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@User_2006
An interesting point is that "God created man in his own image" Genesis 1:27. For the most part, many conceptions of AI, especially those as represented in fiction are modeled after the human mind (mainly because we intuitively model other human minds). It is only more recently that things like neural networks have been created that are alien to our own brain structure. We are literally unable to think in the same way as these AIs. They don't just think faster, they think in a way that is literally incomprehensible, even to their creators. 

This is one of the things anthropologists bring up when they study religion. As an example, the Vikings created a human mind behind thunder and lightning, Thor, because it makes more intuitive sense than some mysterious "science." You can see this over and over again. Almost every culture and religion modeled its spirits and gods as having essentially human minds.
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@fauxlaw
Until AI is sentient, and it is a long way from that, AI is nothing like the creation of Adam & Eve.
Technically, it is still fairly analogous to the creation, but not to the fall. The human level of intelligence compared to the hypothetical intelligence of the omniscient God is fairly similar to an AI assistant like Siri or Cortana in relation to a human. They're not totally incompetent, but they can't perform all of the same tasks. The only difference is that AI is already better at many things than humans, such as Chess or Go, whereas Christianity doesn't allow humans to be better than God at anything.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@K_Michael
Christianity doesn't allow humans to be better than God at anything.
Show me. I can be better at evil than God, can't I? "Anything" is a reach too far. And before you argue that evil is not allowed in Christianity, consider that repentance is an integral part of Christianity, implying that while Christianity does not condone evil, it does acknowledge its existence, and the necessity to repent of it. 
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@fauxlaw
If God were to turn his efforts towards evil,  he would surpass your best by far.
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@fauxlaw
Pretty sure that you can't/haven't genocided the entire human population.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
That's assuming that Adam and Eve were created of course....And there's no verifiable proof of that....Only a mythological tale.

Non-human intelligence (No such thing as artificial intelligence) has got plenty of time to evolve, just as we have had plenty of time.

The interesting thing is, human intelligence is responsible for the development and advancement of non-human intelligence....Certainly could be regarded as a part of some sort of masterplan....Though it might be foolish to assume a masterplan for the benefit of humanity.