Christianity won't be # 1 much longer.

Author: Stephen

Total: 79
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen

A question asked by someone here who is going to have to face a few home truths and facts.

Ethang5 asked:

Why Is Christianity #1?

But also dying a very speedy  death . It is being stealthily replaced by that barbaric ideology called Islam.  Maybe the time of the fish has passed, who knows?

I am so glad I won't be here to see its complete takeover. Watching it happen is torture enough. They'll soon have you mumbling into a carpet every Friday ethang5, see if Jesus helps you then.  Hold on!  Isn't Jehovah, Allah and Jesus all the same god? 

Europe’s Growing Muslim Population
Muslims are projected to increase as a share of Europe’s population – even with no future migration

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
his point wasnt about sheer numbers his point was how christianity seems to be in every region successfully while other religions are not
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Dr.Franklin
his point wasnt about sheer numbers his point was how christianity seems to be in every region successfully while other religions are not.......

........YET!

By the percentage of the total population in a region considering themselves Muslim, 91% in the Middle East-North Africa (MENA), 89% in Central Asia, 40% in Southeast Asia, 31% in South Asia, 30% in Sub-Saharan Africa, 25% in Asia.

This is before we count the rapid growth of Islam in the west.  https://www.pewforum.org/2017/11/29/europes-growing-muslim-population/

" in some countries, such as France and Sweden, the Muslim share of the population is higher. And, in the coming decades, the Muslim share of the continent’s population is expected to grow – and could more than double, according to Pew Research Center projections.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Stephen
because they have so many children
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Dr.Franklin
because they have so many children

Indeed, Muslims .

Every child is born Muslim

Which will then require more mosques to add to the already 1600 that are already here and most of those built in the last 25 years years. While Christian churches fall empty and become dilapidated daily  or are sold off or simply abandoned. 

Stephen
Stephen
"One country, two religions and three very telling pictures: The empty pews at churches just yards from an overcrowded mosque".

• Two photos show Sunday morning services in churches in East London
  • The third shows worshippers gathered for Friday midday prayers outside a nearby mosque
  • The difference in numbers could hardly be more dramatic.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Stephen
again that wasnt ethangs point
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Dr.Franklin
His posts actually prove that he is aware of my point but can't address it, so he goes the usual dodge way.... "Not Yet!"

The total population of Europe is 800 million people. Christianity has 1.2 Billion more believers than Islam. Simple math tells us that if the Muslim population of the entire Europe should double today, Christianity would still be #1.

...his point was how Christianity seems to be in every region successfully while other religions are not
They NEVER want to talk about that Doc. In 3,000 years, Hinduism has largely failed to move past the dry Indian valley of its birth. 76% of Muslims are in the middle east. 92% of Muslims are in Asia. Christianity is #1  seven of the seven continents! How many Muslims are there in Japan? Argentina? Chile? Negligible.

The funny thing is, if Christianity was like other religions in being geographically and culturally limited, atheists would be saying that a message truly from God would not be influenced by mere difference in geography or culture. And if Christianity wasn't #1, the same atheists would be asking why it wasn't #1 if it is really the truth.

For a thousand years doofuses have been predicting the death of Christianity. But new converts in India, China, and Africa alone will keep Christianity at #1 for a long, long time.

But though my claim is true, Jesus told us that the number of Christians would dwindle to almost nothing before He returned. This is as it should be, so Christians will not be surprised or made despondent by it. The game was over the moment Jesus said, "It is finished!" on the cross 2,000 years ago.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
His posts actually prove that he is aware of my point but can't address it, so he goes the usual dodge way.... "Not Yet!"
I am aware.

And it is the whole reason that I created this thread  addressing your point and countering it too. Your just to dumb to recognise that.  I haven't contradicted the fact - your fact - that Christianity  is the leading religion in the world - at this time.  But not for too much longer.  I have also addressed your question of why  it has lasted for over 2000 years on your own thread but you are pretending that you haven't seen my responses here... #77  here ....#79 and here with a little animated cartoon for the less educated and ignorant...#81

I have told you, Islam is replacing Christianity all over the world, the time of the Fish has gone and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

Here is the proof.  And it is happening all over the world. And the only push back is coming from just a handful of countries

20013. 7 years ago and it is is much worse now.
"One country, two religions and three very telling pictures: The empty pews at churches just yards from an overcrowded mosque".

• The third shows worshippers gathered for Friday midday prayers outside a nearby mosque

But new converts in India, China, and Africa alone will keep Christianity at #1 for a long, long time.

I honestly would like to believe that. But Christianity is being out bred by Islam   in nearly every country in the world and  at a  rate of 14 to 1 in Britain alone. We can only hope that Islam reforms, but as I have explained many times here, Islam cannot reform, it " is the last - perfect & unalterable- word of god ", according to Muslims.

Jesus told us that the number of Christians would dwindle to almost nothing before He returned. 

Let us see your evidence for that bs cliam?

This is a lie. Complete fabrication and you can't offer a single piece of proof to support that. Jesus was a Jew and would have  never uttered the word Christian. There were no Christians in Jesus 's time.  You just don't like the evidence supporting what I have stated. Get used to it sunshine your time is up.

Stephen
Stephen
Another Christian iconic establishment falls to Islam .

July 10, 2020
Erdogan declares Hagia Sophia a mosque after Turkish court ruling.

Erdogan spoke on Friday just hours after the court ruling was published, brushing aside international warnings not to change the status of the nearly 1,500-year-old monument that is revered by Christians and Muslims alike.
The United States, Russia and church leaders were among those to express concern about changing the status of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, a focal point of both the Christian Byzantine and Muslim Ottoman empires and now one of the most visited monuments in Turkey.
Greece's culture ministry described the court decision as an "open provocation" to the civilized world, while UNESCO said it regretted it was not notified ahead of time and would now review the building's status.
Erdogan has sought to shift Islam into the mainstream of Turkish politics in his 17 years at the helm. He has long floated restoring the mosque status of the sixth-century building, which was converted into a museum in the early days of the modern secular Turkish state under Mustafa Kemal Ataturk.  https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/erdogan-declares-hagia-sophia-a-mosque-after-turkish-court-ruling/45895294 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Stephen
erdogan is a fucking roach, no surprise
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
also for someone who was concerned about muslims rape epidemic, he seems to be laughing at himself here
ethang5
ethang5
I am aware.
Good, then you should know you can't "counter" a fact.

And it is the whole reason that I created this thread  addressing your point and countering it too.
Your thread doesn't "counter" my claim. It validates it.

Your just to dumb to recognise that.
So your claim that Islam will one day be #1 "counters" my claim that Christianity is #1 now? Lol, and you actually call other people dumb?

I haven't contradicted the fact - your fact - that Christianity  is the leading religion in the world - at this time.
We know. You claim to have "countered" it. One wonders what definition of "counter" you're using.

I have also addressed your question of why  it has lasted for over 2000 years on your own thread but you are pretending that you haven't seen my responses here...
I saw it and I laughed at it's childish simplicity.

Two photos show Sunday morning services in churches in East London
I can show you regular church services of 5,000 people, and they have 2 services every morning. Finding a place like London where Christianity is dwindling does not counter my point. It just shows you're desperate to be right. But you aren't.

I honestly would like to believe that. But Christianity is being out bred by Islam   in nearly every country in the world and  at a  rate of 14 to 1 in Britain alone. 
Just do the math. At the rate (and it is a rate, not the number of people) it would take Islam 300 years to equal Christianity. You probably just don't know what "rate" is. Let me educate you OK?

Let's say Islam had 4 people and Christianity had 10,000. If Islam grew at a yearly rate of 50%
It would have added only 2 more people for a total of 6 people. If Christianity, in that same year grew, at a rate of only 10%, a full forty percent less than Islam, it would have added a thousand believers to Islam's 6. You are so emotionally eager to trash Christianity, and so ignorant of math, you ran ahead without critical thought.

Let us see your evidence for that bs cliam?
Its in the bible. But you don't know the bible. One wonders why you keep trying to pontificate on a subject you know very little about.

This is a lie. 
I knew you would soon call something a lie. You seem to think "truth" is only the very little you know.

Get used to it sunshine your time is up.
Not quite Abdul. Christianity is #1now, and will remain #1 long after you're gone. Jesus rolls like that.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
do the math
I have

Christening are down by thousands  in the west.  
Christian churches are being sold off or left to crumble by the thousand.
Church congregations are down  by the thousands.

do the math.
I have 

Christian churches fall empty and become dilapidated daily  or are sold off or simply abandoned. 

Christenings Down BBC 2013

Although christenings were already in decline, one in three infants was still baptised into the Church of England in 1980. By 2011 that had fallen to just over one in 10. The overall number of baptisms - of people of all ages - witnessed a similar decline, from 266,000 in 1980 to 140,000 in 2011.
It's a similar story in the Catholic Church, although the major drop-off in baptisms happened between 1964 and 1977, when the number halved. There's been a far gentler downward trend over the past three decades, recently stabilising at about 60,000 baptisms a year.

I know you cannot work much out without pictures or animation so try this graph.

I will explain those pretty coloured lines for you shall I.

The above statistic in the link  shows the number of baptisms performed by the Church of England from 2009 to 2017. During this period the number of baptisms has declined from 135 thousand in 2009 to just under 93 thousand by 2017.

Jesus told us that the number of Christians would dwindle to almost nothing before He returned. 

Let us see your evidence for that bs cliam?Jesus was a Jew and would have  never uttered the word Christian. There were no Christians in Jesus 's time.  You just don't like the evidence supporting what I have stated. 

Its in the bible. But you don't know the bible.
Just as I knew, complete and utter lies.  I know it well enough to be able to tell you with complete confidence that you are lying _ AGAIN!

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Hey genius,

The total number of Christians in the world is growing. Your silly little bubble of England is not the world.

What Jesus said is off topic here. Christianity is #1. It will be for a long time. These are facts, no matter how much you dislike them.

If you are claiming Christianity will one day not be #1, come back when that happens. For now, the church of England and England are not typical of Christianity. Your sampling is defective, but I'd bet that's because you know nothing about sampling.

I know it well enough to be able to tell you with complete confidence that you are lying _ AGAIN!
That has not been my experience with you. You have shown yourself to not only be ignorant, but militantly ignorant. When that is added to your poor reading comprehension, intelligent conversation with you is almost impossible.

The doctrine that all Christians on Earth will eventually be killed is a basic Christian doctrine. If you don't know it, you aren't equipped to understand the explanation, and I do not throw my pearls to swine.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
The total number of Christians in the world is growing

Nope. Here is one example , you must have missed it: 

I will explain those pretty coloured lines for you shall I.

The above statistic in the link  shows the number of baptisms performed by the Church of England from 2009 to 2017. During this period the number of baptisms has declined from 135 thousand in 2009 to just under 93 thousand by 2017.

Stop making shite up and  telling lies.

Christianity is # 1 [ FOR] now , and will remain #1 long after you're gone. 

I corrected that for you.  

ethang5
ethang5
The total number of Christians in the world is growing

Nope. 
Yes it is Sherlock. You probably don't know what total number means.

Here is one example , you must have missed it: 
This "example" is only for the church of England. The church of England is not Christianity. And you chart is not measuring conversions, but christenings.

Stop making shite up and  telling lies.
Stop being a militant fool. This point is not even relevant to my argument. Why would I put a religious lie on a religion board? Just because you are ignorant doesn't mean it is a lie.

Thanks, but unless you know the future, that is just saying the same thing I did. Regardless of your butthurt, Christianity is #1, and you will never see otherwise.
wlsw9
wlsw9
-->
@ethang5
@Stephen
I totally agree with your comments.
What many people don't realise is that the total number of Christians in the world grow at the rate of one year, each year.

And Christianity is definitely number 1  on the List of Bogus and Despised Institutions.
ethang5
ethang5
....the total number of Christians in the world grow at the rate of one year, each year.
Lol! By the IQ I can tell that this one is for you Stephen.

You sound like someone I know 9, lol. But keep yourself under 30 posts a day and you'll be fine.

......If you can do it.
wlsw9
wlsw9
-->
@ethang5
Lol! By the IQ I can tell that this one is for you Stephen.

You can work it out if you try even if you do have a low IQ.

You see, what I was alluding to is that #1 is a generically wasted and empty figure which advertisers use a lot to effectively say nothing since #1 can mean anything.

However, when used in context as I correctly did, (i.e. "number 1  on the List of Bogus and Despised Institutions"), #1 takes on a true meaning with conviction.

You sound like someone I know 9, lol.
So, do you know someone then? Huh.
ethang5
ethang5
...since #1 can mean anything.
Lol. Can it mean #9?

...number 1  on the List of Bogus and Despised Institutions
Lists by fringe groups don't count. They lack the numbers.

So, do you know someone then?
I know you. 
wlsw9
wlsw9
-->
@ethang5
Lists by fringe groups don't count. They lack the numbers.
So, which list in particular did you glean the #1 from?

The "Community Guide to Remote mud-hut Churches in Accra"?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5

Let us see your evidence for what you say "Jesus said". Or you can  simply stop with your blatant lies. 

Thanks, but unless you know the future,..... 

No. The facts show that Christianity is dying on its feet. 

......that is just saying the same thing I did.

No. It wasn't wasn't me who claimed  " Jesus told us that the number of Christians would dwindle to almost nothing before He returned. " <<< that was your own unsupported claim.

Regardless of your butthurt,

I am not "butt hurt". I don't have a dog in the fight, and have nothing to be "butt hurt" about, whereas you do. I am just presenting the  facts concerning the dwindling of Christians in the world,  whereas you are telling lies AGAIN!

Christianity is #1, and you will never see otherwise.

Whats the matter with you man!? I have said that I agree with you,  a few times now, . But have simply stated with supporting evidence that it won't be #1 for too much longer.  did you keep missing these FACTS!?

Christian churches fall empty and become dilapidated daily  or are sold off or simply abandoned. 

Christenings Down BBC 2013
"Although christenings were already in decline, one in three infants was still baptised into the Church of England in 1980. By 2011 that had fallen to just over one in 10. The overall number of baptisms - of people of all ages - witnessed a similar decline, from 266,000 in 1980 to 140,000 in 2011.
It's a similar story in the Catholic Church, although the major drop-off in baptisms happened between 1964 and 1977, when the number halved. There's been a far gentler downward trend over the past three decades, recently stabilising at about 60,000 baptisms a year".

you keep missing this >>

Lets see you evidence for Jesus the Jew , king of the Jews and Jewish Rabbi talking about the "dwindling" numbers of Christians. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@wlsw9
So, which list in particular did you glean the #1 from?
The one anyone not crippled by irrational bias would know: The largest number of believers.

The "Community Guide to Remote mud-hut Churches in Accra"?
It really hurts you that Christianity is #1 eh? Do you really think you harm Christianity one whit by exposing your stupidity to the world? You've been shaming yourself for 7 years that I know of. All you've gotten is empty, zero reply dead threads, universal mockery, and perma-bans. And in all that time, you've learned nothing. You're just as dumb as you've always been.

I see you left the silly adoration of willow trees for the crass love of porn literature. How like you. Classless and stupid.
ethang5
ethang5
Let us see your evidence for what you say "Jesus said". Or you can  simply stop with your blatant lies. 
Or I could throw my pearls to swine. No thanks.

No. The facts show that Christianity is dying on its feet.
Christianity is growing doofus. Your stats show Islam has a higher growth rate, not that Christianity is dying. Your so called "facts" can only become facts if the occur. Right now they are just the desires of a bitter, biased man.

I am not "butt hurt".
Then you do a convincing job of pretending to be.

I don't have a dog in the fight, and have nothing to be "butt hurt" about, whereas you do.
And still you're the one cursing vulgarity, typing in caps and bold, and spamming the same thing over and over again! Wow, how militant would be if you were butthurt?

I am just presenting the  facts concerning the dwindling of Christians in the world,  whereas you are telling lies AGAIN!
Christians are not dwindling in the world homer, and a snapshot of a single church is not proof they are. They may be getting fewer in your little atheist bubble, but world wide, Christianity is growing.

...three very telling pictures
Pictures of a location cannot support a stat homer. Everyone knows that pics can be posted showing full and empty churches and mosques. But only you are ignorant enough to think those pics can prove a stat.

And posting such silliness over and over only makes you look ignorant. But be my guest, you making yourself look silly relieves me of having to do it.

Whats the matter with you man!? I have said that I agree with you,  a few times now,.
I am correct, I don't need your agreement.

But have simply stated with supporting evidence that it won't be #1 for too much longer. 
Facts are not facts till they occur. You are making a prediction, not stating a fact. You don't know the difference because you're poorly educated.

...did you keep missing these FACTS!?
Your stat may be a fact, (it isn't but I don't need to debunk it to debunk your argument) the prediction you make from it is not fact.

you keep missing this >>
Lets see you evidence for Jesus the Jew , king of the Jews and Jewish Rabbi talking about the "dwindling" numbers of Christians
I'm missing nothing. I answered you. Repeating your question will not get a different answer. It is off topic and you are way too dumb for me to waste my time trying to educate you.
Stephen
Stephen

Or I could throw my pearls to swine. No thanks.

It is then as I knew, a complete fabrication. You just cannot help lying to further your cause can you?

Here is one example of the failing Christian church , you must have missed it: 

This "example" is only for the church of England. The church of England is not Christianity. 

Of course C of E  it is Christian, you fool! And it is decline.

*As is the Catholic church*.

"Decline in baptisms, marriages seen as harbinger, call to community".

The reception of the sacraments of baptism and marriage have declined dramatically in the archdiocese since 1961, according to statistics from the archdiocesan Office for Parish Service and Support.
While the Mass attendance figures were culled from the October count census performed every year since 1990, the figures on baptism and marriage stretch back much further. Together they present a long-term trend line that can be a valuable milestone to planning for the parish and institutional needs of the church in coming years. 

"The data show there were 37,855 infant baptisms in 1961 in the 310 parishes of the archdiocese in that year. In 2018, the latest year available, 7,937 babies were baptized in 214 parishes — a 79% decline in the sacrament".

Dear O dear O dear

Islam is swallowing you (an me) up wholesale.

Hagia Sophia: Pope 'pained' as Istanbul museum reverts to mosque.

Dear O dear O dear O dear O dear!

CATHOLIC NEWS SERVICE
Decline in baptisms leads Quebec church to rethink children’s spirituality

Data compiled by the Assembly of Catholic Bishops of Quebec shows the number of baptisms declined from 42,213 (of 88,933 births) in 2012 to 30,394 (of 83,900 births) in 2017. The figures represent a 28 percent decline in five years.

ethang5
ethang5
It is then as I knew, a complete fabrication. 
Its called confirmation bias. Its illogical. Because I won't throw my pearls to swine, the swine say my pearls aren't real. OK.

The C of E isn't ChristianITY. Read slower genius.

The total number of Christians worldwide is increasing, no matter what your illogical bias tells you.

Things do not become facts because you desire them fervently. Your example are only there because you get a kick from posting stupidity, like a little kid giggling at using a dirty word.

Christians can be in decline in one place, and still be increasing over all. You're just too dumb and anti-theist to know this.
Stephen
Stephen

Your attempts at damage control of the diminishing Christian church won't wash. The C of E is a Christian church and faith and is in decline, as is the diminishing Roman Catholic church, so much so that they are writing about their concerns for the "dwindling numbers of Christening and service attendances". 

CATHOLIC NEWS SERVICE
Nov 15, 2019 Data compiled by the Assembly of Catholic Bishops of Quebec shows the number of baptisms declined from 42,213 (of 88,933 births) in 2012 to 30,394 (of 83,900 births) in 2017. The figures represent a 28 percent decline in five years.

The total number of Christians worldwide is increasing, no matter what your illogical bias tells you.
This is simply not true. I know it is hard for you to accept but the facts speak loud. Islam now has a foot hold in almost every country in the world and it is being welcomed with open arms too by the leaders of those countries. No one is complaining about the burning down of churches in Europe - France in particular. The great fire of Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris is not even spoken about these days and  although arson is suspected in some quarters, they "are still investigating"

Things do not become facts because you desire them fervently.

On the contrary. I don't want them to be true. I will take Christianity over Islam any day of the week you fool. BUT!!!!! The evidence in those  links that  I have provided were not written by me, were they? Are you saying that the facts as laid down by BOTH those Churches themselves are wrong and that the authors and designers of the graphs are lying about themselves, because this is what you are ignorantly suggesting.

Your example are only there because you get a kick from posting stupidity, like a little kid giggling at using a dirty word.

I didn't author or create those  FACTUAL examples. The Churches themselves compiled them out of concern for the dwindling numbers they are experiencing.. You just cannot accept that FACT!!!!!

AND I didn't take those photo's of these empty and dilapidated Christian Churches either.

AND I didn't run a story about the dwindling numbers of the Christian congregation either. That shows devote Muslim willing to pray in the steet  while the Christian churches lay empty.

Christians can be in decline in one place, and still be increasing over all. You're just too dumb and anti-theist to know this.

Yes they can. But do the growing numbers outweigh the dwindling numbers?  Or are you too dumb to realise that and work out the maths for yourself.

I didn't write this either:

Crisis of faith
Every ten years the census spells out the situation in detail: between 2001 and 2011 the number of Christians born in Britain fell by 5.3 million — about 10,000 a week. If that rate of decline continues, the mission of St Augustine to the English, together with that of the Irish saints to the Scots, will come to an end in 2067.

Compare : 

Almost a tenth of babies and toddlers in England and Wales are Muslim, census figures show
The percentage of Muslims among the under-fives is almost twice as high as in the general population, according to a breakdown of census figures

Census figures reveal a ‘startling’ shift in Britain’s demographic trend with almost a tenth of babies and toddlers born in England and Wales being Muslim.
The percentage of Muslims among the under-fives is almost twice as high as in the general population. Less than one in 200 over 85s are Muslims – an indication of the extent to which birth rate is changing the UK’s religious demographic.
The Office for National Statistics produced the breakdown of Britain’s religions and age groups. The figures, according to the Times, were extracted from data collected in the 2011 census.
One expert said it was possible that Muslims who worshipped would outnumber practising Christians. “It’s not inconceivable,” said David Voas, Professor of Population Studies at the University of Essex.

You and the Fish , sunshine , has had it's day.

wlws9
wlws9
-->
@ethang5

The total number of Christians worldwide is increasing, no matter what your illogical bias tells you.
I think you have made a couple of fundamental errors there.

The Church of England is a Christian Church.
The rate of increase in the number of Christians worldwide is way less than the proportional increase in population.
The rate of growth of Islam is double that of the world's overall population growth.

Fact: Christianity is the most despised and hated religion in the world and in real terms is definitely in very rapid decline.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@wlws9
Fact: Christianity is the most despised and hated religion in the world and in real terms is definitely in very rapid decline.
Then why do you demean and humiliate yourself to obsessively break onto a religion board to babble about Christianity? How stupid and compulsive are you?