Topic's posts

Posts in total: 152
  • BearMan
    BearMan avatar
    Debates: 14
    Forum posts: 1,021
    BearMan avatar
    BearMan
    I mean come on bro. It doesn't restrict your breathing, it doesn't do anything. Stop thinking you are smarter than guys who have actually researched for years, for looking at google and facebook. 

No it doesn't violate your rights. You are the literal people spreading the pandemic. Why does the US have so many more cases than other countries? Because people dont wear masks. 

• Lemming
    Lemming avatar
    Debates: 2
    Forum posts: 514
    Lemming avatar
    Lemming
    --> @BearMan
    Well, I'd say more people are on board with it 'now, but I think there were a number of mixed messages early on.
    People who claimed wearing a mask would 'prevent you from becoming infected, when the truth is it 'helps prevents the infected from infecting others.
    And even 'after that misunderstanding was cleared up, some people figured that if they weren't sick, why bother wearing a mask to protect others from nothing,
    'Then information came out arguing that some people can be carriers but not sick.

Leadership in America was also on the backfoot in leading by example, and even when the Democrats got on board with it, the 'way they did it, seemed more like political grandstanding and sneaking politics in a time of crisis, than an actual attempt to work with and convince their political counterparts.

Nor have the people who go about the argument to wear masks in a confrontational manner helped, throwing their weight around, jamming their fingers into people's chests and saying OBEY.

I wear a mask in public.
    I think other people 'should wear masks,
    I think that the law supports it,
    Not sure I think people not on board yet are Absolute Morons, maybe just need to be convinced in the right manner, and need our government leading correctly.

I wouldn't say it's the 'only reason Americas done worse,  us being slow on the uptake hasn't helped.
    Not like it hasn't happened before,

And I can't say I'm 'fully convinced that masks help much, but I'm convinced most of society acts like they think that.
    And I don't have any breathing condition, so, eh.
  • Intelligence_06
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Debates: 61
    Forum posts: 1,891
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06
    Well actually no. I am typing this from one enclosed shelter ran by a capitalist community, and there ain't no clothe above my lips. The fact it is not very big of an' chance for virus to catch several hundreds of meters off the ground, and the fact I have my windows and doors shut, it would make no sense to put on a mask indoors.
  • Intelligence_06
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06
    But yes, wearing not a mask outside, where environment of contact will be prone to make you sick is real, would make you ignorant of the outdoor problems.
  • BearMan
    BearMan avatar
    BearMan avatar
    BearMan
    --> @Intelligence_06
    Yeah thats what I meant
  • MisterChris
    MisterChris avatar
    Debates: 44
    Forum posts: 2,586
    MisterChris avatar
    MisterChris
    It truly depends. There were next to no cases in my county for a long time. No one wore masks. Only recently have cases been mounting. Now, out of courtesy I am more willing to wear a mask when I'm out.  (Also, I agree that it's not unconstitutional to enforce masks in a crisis situation. It's like arguing that the government cannot crack down on public nudity)
  • lady3keys
    lady3keys avatar
    Debates: 0
    Forum posts: 174
    lady3keys avatar
    lady3keys
    --> @BearMan
    I completely agree.  People wear seat belts, that only save themselves, and don't scream about their rights being violated.   Wearing masks, saves others as well.  No it is not 100%, but even a little is better than nothing.  Stores also say, "No shirt. No shoes. No Service."  People don't complain about their right to go shirtless either.  I realize a store is not the government.  But we seem to have lost the ability to pull together in this pandemic.  It took forever for some people to even stop calling it a "hoax". 

Have we really become so stupid as a country, that we will take the word of a petty, childish, faux-politician over the doctors, scientists and experts that have spent their lives specializing in their fields?  Do we really just believe the loudest voice in the room, no matter how petulant, self-serving or misleading?

I'm new here.  So if I'm just venting, I apologize.  But damn it feels good to get it out sometimes.
  • SirAnonymous
    SirAnonymous avatar
    Debates: 3
    Forum posts: 3,214
    SirAnonymous avatar
    SirAnonymous
    --> @lady3keys
    Have we really become so stupid as a country, that we will take the word of a petty, childish, faux-politician over the doctors, scientists and experts that have spent their lives specializing in their fields?  Do we really just believe the loudest voice in the room, no matter how petulant, self-serving or misleading?
    Sadly, I think the answer is yes to both questions.
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    Debates: 30
    Forum posts: 12,536
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @BearMan
    I personally agree. We should all wear masks no matter what, and that is on protecting people.

The Conservative argument is that it should be businesses who decide if you should wear a mask inside their store, and the not the federal govt. requiring you to make a mask. That's their argument.

I disagree with the "typical conservative" because I am not, I am a free thinking, non partisan person. Wearing mask is beneficial, unless you are swimming or something.

Also, I think studies are coming in showing that being outside is more beneficial because the air dissolves around it. Pretty interesting. Still wear a mask.
  • Intelligence_06
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06
    --> @SirAnonymous
    Sadly, I think the answer is yes to both questions.
    Not really. As a whole. There are just a group of faux-liberals who support chaos and anarchy over any form of government that would rather this country dead than this way. Well, my answer is no and it should always be no. If they really do so then there is really zero chance to convince them because they might think I am a brainwashed slave. Y'know, truisms aren't truisms when the other side is out of their brains.

• Intelligence_06
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06
    There is the normal libertarian who does whatever he thinks is right for him and <maybe> for the nation if it is really beneficial, and there are the extreme libertarian leftists that would shout at you for being a misogynist racist sexist homophobic *slur* *slur* *slur* just because you trusted anything rational and proven written by anyone who is remotely related to the government.
  • ebuc
    ebuc avatar
    Forum posts: 1,470
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc
    There is the normal libertarian who does whatever he thinks is right for him and <maybe> for the nation if it is really beneficial
    Oh yeah, like Martin Luther King.  Boy did he get a lot of flack ---flak used to shoot down WW2 bombers etc---   for his actions. 

Would Martin wear the mask? What would he say about masks today? 

Lets see who else took a lot of flack for their actions of does whatever they think is correct for self, family and nation?

Ghandi?  And the list goes on and on and on.......

• Reece101
    Reece101 avatar
    Forum posts: 563
    Reece101 avatar
    Reece101
    --> @Intelligence_06
    Well actually no. I am typing this from one enclosed shelter ran by a capitalist community, and there ain't no clothe above my lips. The fact it is not very big of an' chance for virus to catch several hundreds of meters off the ground, and the fact I have my windows and doors shut, it would make no sense to put on a mask indoors.
    Meters? You’re no true capital imperialist! 
  • Intelligence_06
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06
    --> @Reece
    I am Chinese. Using this logic I think feet and inches would be more capital imperialist.
  • Reece101
    Reece101 avatar
    Reece101 avatar
    Reece101
    --> @Intelligence_06
    I’m concern trolling. 

I’ll be more direct. When you say you live in an inclosed capitalist community, it just sounds like you’re insecure. 
    What do you mean exactly by Inclosed capitalist community?
  • Reece101
    Reece101 avatar
    Reece101 avatar
    Reece101
    --> @Intelligence_06
    I don’t mind people making hypothetical arguments, it’s just that you don’t have to lie about yourself to do so.

• Intelligence_06
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06
    --> @Reece101
    By that I mean the average urban upper class American city block
  • Reece101
    Reece101 avatar
    Reece101 avatar
    Reece101
    --> @Intelligence_06
    That you also call a shelter. Okay.

23 days later

• sadolite
    sadolite avatar
    Forum posts: 648
    sadolite avatar
    sadolite
    --> @BearMan
    Wearing a mask to go into a restaurant to be seated and then taking it off to eat  is the same as a pissing section in a swimming pool
  • BearMan
    BearMan avatar
    BearMan avatar
    BearMan
    --> @sadolite
    Don't go into a restaurant and eat.
  • Lemming
    Lemming avatar
    Lemming avatar
    Lemming
    --> @sadolite
    One could argue, that such action encourages social consciousness about the issue, and ideally their follow through of obeying mask laws.
    And really if someone's going to piss in the pool, I'd rather they do it a far distance from me, rather than right next to me in the water, as I start wondering why is the water warming up.
  • sadolite
    sadolite avatar
    sadolite avatar
    sadolite
    But But But "SCIENCE" All these regulations are based on fact based "SCIENCE"

• Lemming
    Lemming avatar
    Lemming avatar
    Lemming
    --> @sadolite
    The study of societies and the relationships, is a science.

Less tongue in cheek though, if a mask helps prevent someone from breathing so many droplets into the air, surroundings, and people on their way to the table,
    Seems to me it could be argued scientifically to 'help prevent the spread of disease.
  • sadolite
    sadolite avatar
    sadolite avatar
    sadolite
    --> @Lemming
    Yes I would like to see that scientific evidence that shows wearing a mask and walking 20  feet in the same room and taking it off reduces or prevents the spread of a virus.

• Lemming
    Lemming avatar
    Lemming avatar
    Lemming
    --> @sadolite
    Eh, the existence of some people talking like Looney Tunes, Sylvester, moments face to face with the staff, or nearby other customers in a hallway, where social distancing might be broken. Seems relevant to me.