Author: Vader

Total: 26
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
"MAFIA HAS NO WAY TO WIN THIS GAME!"

"SO BASTARD MOD! WE LOSE! WAAA WAAA."
RANT

To the new players who joined cuz of Naruto, I am sorry that 3 games have gone to shit, with 2 being concession and 1 with a bad setup, but it's time to go out and make this post.

Stop fucking conceding.

"But Supa, we are doomed if we lose ____."
No you are not doomed as scum, you are just lazy. You have a very high probability of winning if NP actions are done correctly and you play smart. If you believe you have no chance at winning that means your play as town has not been good enough to warrant you being alive in the DP. Play strategically. A good example of a good scum is Speedrace. I specifically remember him losing his scum partner in DP1 and DP2 two times, and coming back to win the game? You wanna know how, by fucking playing smart

"This game is so bastard, OMG, *rage quits*"
Well someone needs there diaper changed. What is quitting the game gonna do besides anger the mod? The mod will simply not care and not improve because of your stupid decisions. You take your concerns to the endgame and the mod will take that advice much better than you trying to make a statement, like LeBron James. You are making yourself look ignorant and lazy over something so simple

FUTURE
You know you now set an example for shitty play as mafia as well. It is fairly obvious we have new players who are playing mafia and wants to genuinely play a full game without your dumb bullshit. You are not only ruining the experience of a genuine town win for town, but you lead noobs into bad behavior as scum and have easy metas. We know there are lazy players on mafia, and we know it's an issue. But countering lazy for lazy is simply not the solution to fixing issues

That's all. Enjoy
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Vader
yike
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
drafterman will set our course straight
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Relax, people are gonna do whatever they want, and fvck you for trying to tell them otherwise lol
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
It's lazy and bad for mafia in general. You did say that the site is being lazy with mafia. Conceding a game in general is lazy behavior and is negative for mafia on the site. It's just an objective fact. Yes you can do what you want, but it destroys the quality of mafia on the site. We also have new people, so they may get used to the bad habits set in the place
Lunatic
Lunatic
BTW the last game wasn't a concession, it was a mod cancel. And looking at the set up, it sounds like a big troll on it's players. The mod did you a gave by cancelling it lol
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
Wasn't talking about that game lol
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
It's lazy and bad for mafia in general. You did say that the site is being lazy with mafia. Conceding a game in general is lazy behavior and is negative for mafia on the site. It's just an objective fact. Yes you can do what you want, but it destroys the quality of mafia on the site. We also have new people, so they may get used to the bad habits set in the place
Lazy voting, not giving reasons behind a vote =/= Not wanting to lead 3 mislynches by yourself because your scum buddies both slipped in the first couple day phases.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
Would it have been better if I accidentally "slipped" too in the next day phase? Lol get the fvck off your high horse and be happy for your win. Sh1t happens, it's not likely we wanted it to go that way. I was pretty pissed about the situation too.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
I wasn't necessarily calling you out because you admitted to it being no motive to do it, which I get. You actually try to help the site with mafia, so it isn't a big deal. But it still isn't the best behavior to encourage good play IMO no matter what. The whole other situation is what I most referring to
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
The town win was legit for your case because good town play led to forfeit. Naruto's game was a bullshit excuse with decent town play. And cmon, you seriously are gonna deny that Naruto Mafia didn't influence you to concede?
Vader
Vader
I'm not calling out anybody either. I'm saying this behavior is in general bad for DART mafia
Lunatic
Lunatic
I wasn't necessarily calling you out because you admitted to it being no motive to do it, which I get. You actually try to help the site with mafia, so it isn't a big deal. But it still isn't the best behavior to encourage good play IMO no matter what. The whole other situation is what I most referring to
It felt like you were pretty much calling me out here, and now that I am responding you are acting like you weren't but let's be honest here, you were lol.

No you are not doomed as scum, you are just lazy. You have a very high probability of winning if NP actions are done correctly and you play smart. If you believe you have no chance at winning that means your play as town has not been good enough to warrant you being alive in the DP. Play strategically. A good example of a good scum is Speedrace. I specifically remember him losing his scum partner in DP1 and DP2 two times, and coming back to win the game? You wanna know how, by fucking playing smart

This was 100% directed at me, don't try to claim it wasn't lol. The whole thing is ridiculous anyway, you come from the position of being able to win after mafia just lost two. Of course you would want the game to keep going lol. Or you are making it seem like you care more than you actually do just to throw shade. Regardless your acting like an idiot, and I don't regret my decision of quitting in that game. We had everything going for us, and two simple mistakes from people who were new (so it's understandable) made the game an uphill battle for no reason. It's okay, and the noobs will learn from the experience, but sitting there and trying to mislynch 3 times when town still had almost all their power roles didn't seem like it was worth the effort. You guys probably would have caught me by POE and if I had succesfully led two mislynches prior to that just to get POE lynched, I would have wasted a lot of time. Town won it fair and square, but you seriously need to get off your high horse when you were the one in the winning position.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
The town win was legit for your case because good town play led to forfeit. Naruto's game was a bullshit excuse with decent town play. And cmon, you seriously are gonna deny that Naruto Mafia didn't influence you to concede?
My concession had nothing to do with naruto mafia. They quit because of false mod abuse allegations, I quit because 2 of my scum buddies slipped within the first couple phases and had to solo mislynch 3 people in a row. It wasn't gonna happen. And if it did, it was more work than it was worth.
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
-->
@Vader
This was 100% directed at me, don't try to claim it wasn't lol. 
Hrmm, I don't think so.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
No you are not doomed as scum, you are just lazy. You have a very high probability of winning if NP actions are done correctly and you play smart. If you believe you have no chance at winning that means your play as town has not been good enough to warrant you being alive in the DP. Play strategically. A good example of a good scum is Speedrace. I specifically remember him losing his scum partner in DP1 and DP2 two times, and coming back to win the game? You wanna know how, by fucking playing smart

This was 100% directed at me, don't try to claim it wasn't lol. The whole thing is ridiculous anyway, you come from the position of being able to win after mafia just lost two.
No it isn't and it wasn't. This was mostly about Bear and Ragnar after Pie was the lynch because they felt they were doomed when they weren't. I did say I felt you could have won, but your case is understandable. I had no idea what you were saying in your scum chat, but I know in theirs, they acted like this was the end of the world when it wasn't. All they had to do was play smart and they would've won. Your case was more hopeless, and I said that. This was not directly aimed at you in anyway. Only part is concession being bad, which I will stand by concession is still bad in general. Your case was more understandable

And most of it is hypothetical. The quote itself no one ever said lmao, so idk where that notion came from
Of course you would want the game to keep going lol. Or you are making it seem like you care more than you actually do just to throw shade.
It's not throwing shade because concession is bad for mafia on this site because it is objectively lazy. I'm not calling you lazy, but the action itself lazy, and condemning the action, not the player
Regardless your acting like an idiot, and I don't regret my decision of quitting in that game.
You don't have to.
We had everything going for us, and two simple mistakes from people who were new (so it's understandable) made the game an uphill battle for no reason.
I said I understood why
It's okay, and the noobs will learn from the experience, but sitting there and trying to mislynch 3 times when town still had almost all their power roles didn't seem like it was worth the effort.
I understand the argument, again.
You guys probably would have caught me by POE and if I had succesfully led two mislynches prior to that just to get POE lynched, I would have wasted a lot of time. Town won it fair and square, but you seriously need to get off your high horse when you were the one in the winning position.
I was a lean town on you, so I wouldn't have went through with it depending on why died and such. Again, you had a chance to win, even if it was small, and I get why you forfeited the game. It still isn't the best thing to do because it is bad. The action is bad.

My goal is not to ride the high horse of "look at me," "wow, standing up for something." My goal is to help mafia become better just like you do. We both have the same agenda, yet here we are. 

Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
You didn't even get the idea from Naruto mafia? I find that hard to believe lol
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
It's not throwing shade because concession is bad for mafia on this site because it is objectively lazy. I'm not calling you lazy, but the action itself lazy, and condemning the action, not the player
If people want to concede, let them. I didn't even care that mafia quit your game, I just thought it was silly that they blamed you for it. Who cares? Their loss. 

I was a lean town on you, so I wouldn't have went through with it depending on why died and such. Again, you had a chance to win, even if it was small, and I get why you forfeited the game. It still isn't the best thing to do because it is bad. The action is bad.
You can't just say something is bad for the sake of being bad, you have to explain why its bad. I don't think the noobies care all too much, and not every game is going to be a concession. 

Are you saying I didn't know it was possible to concede prior to your game lmao? That's beyond ridiculous lol. I actually had another game on DDO where mafia was fvcked so hard after losing two team mates quickly, where we had to mislynch 5 times to win, and I encouraged my partner who was the sole survivor to concede there too. He actually somehow pulled it off, but yeah I definitely would have conceded in that one. Way too much work for win. Sometimes I will go through with it depending on the circumstances though. 
Vader
Vader
If people want to concede, let them. I didn't even care that mafia quit your game, I just thought it was silly that they blamed you for it. Who cares? Their loss. 
Fair, but it is still detrimental

You can't just say something is bad for the sake of being bad, you have to explain why its bad. I don't think the noobies care all too much, and not every game is going to be a concession. 
I've said my reason, it is because it promotes lazy behavior in the game, ruins the game for the host who put the time in to make the mafia. Those are my reasons. Feel free to disagree, but then I guess we don't see eye to eye then

Are you saying I didn't know it was possible to concede prior to your game lmao? That's beyond ridiculous lol. I actually had another game on DDO where mafia was fvcked so hard after losing two team mates quickly, where we had to mislynch 5 times to win, and I encouraged my partner who was the sole survivor to concede there too. He actually somehow pulled it off, but yeah I definitely would have conceded in that one. Way too much work for win. Sometimes I will go through with it depending on the circumstances though. 

I've haven't played mafia for as long as you have, so I never saw it in a major game before
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
Above
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Well concession is bad...
Bullish
Debates: 0
Bullish
-->
@Crocodile
respect to croc for sticking thru that poker mafia game.
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
I think my game had a good core idea behind it but just flopped in execution. I'm over it now, but I was extremely angry with myself when I realized the mistake(s) I had made.
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
wait wasn't that the last game mafia won?
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
Don't worry guys I assure you JoJo mafia will not be this way B)
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
Has this been a recurring problem? I am only aware of it happening the one time...