Noahs Ark Before Noah

Author: ebuc

Total: 11
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc

If you watch this fascinating and humorous accounting of Noahs Ark, before Noah, you will be a more informed and gratifed person.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
a pretty long video
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
@ebuc
Yep long and tedious....I gave up eventually, as it was getting late.

So was the conclusion to the exercise, that Iraqi bitumen is better than Indian bitumen?

And  was Noah an Iraqi coracle builder, who wasn't actually known as Noah?

Though what I listened to seemed to concur with my notion of a localised flood and the rescue of some local beasts.

And the fact that it is possible to accurately calculate the material needed to build a boat of any size is not particularly inspiring information...Its what any good quantity surveyor should be capable of.

And though Noah must have had an awful  lot of assistance.....Isn't there always one person that gets all the credit....Typical.

So what did you find informative and gratifying?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4

So what did you find informative and gratifying?

....fascinating and humorous accounting of Noahs Ark, before Noah, you will be a more informed and gratified person......

Fuller's marine time, sea-peoples-scenario, goes like this......Adam { Bob } saw a beached whale whose left-over skeleton was ribs and spinal keel { chord }, and since whales float, Adam { George } took one of his ribs along with some tree lumber and built a ribbed and keeled ship, he named Eve { Alice }, and then he sailed around the world in the womb { belly } of the ship Eve { Betty } and yes the world he found out, was round as an apple.

Trigonometry began ----long before Noah or Noah-like predecessors----   with sea-peoples marine-time, sea-faring journeys. A right  triangle is needed and calculating tools human body using  shells or rings, or string to count  via 13 columns as found on some of the earlist known Chinese abacus'es.

A person standing at rear of boat/raft, that has a central mast, can use their line of sight { as diagonal line }  at various markings on the mast, to do trigonometric accounting. See person { i } at back of boat with diagonal line-of-site on various height markings on mast. two arms, two legs, 8 fingers, and neck = 13 places shells or strings of seaweed could be attached to persons body for abacus-like calculations.

.............../I^
............/...I^
........./......I^
....../.........I^
.../............I ^
i________I ^mast______/) bow-of-ship/raft

The most ancient asian traditions are Tao of patience and to go with the flow,     and not to sail into the wind as that would to be going against God.

Eventually tho, man or woman, learned how to tack, into the wind with sailing dwelling machines, and now they turned away from the Tao.

When the landed on mainland of asia, they encountered people eating tigers.  This may have lead to humans more aggressive nature.

Then the humans built temple-like wats, with water moats around them, to better represent the islands from whence they have previously lived.

Then they made fires and one side of the river was tin and on the other copper and when melted together they got bronze, and this bronze worked very well at sea at not getting corroded as much by the salt-water.

The peoples followed the fresh water rivers and found lakes ---and settings for later Noah-like tales---  and eventually they found the source of fresh water ----source of life--- came from high  mountain peaks with snow and ice.     Source of life came from high heavenly peaks.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
what?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
What what?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
what what what
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
..."Update, 10 July, 6:20 a.m.: A team of adventurers succeeded in paddling a primitive dug-out canoe across more than 200 kilometers of ocean to demonstrate how ancient humans may have reached the Ryukyu Islands scattered between Taiwan and Japan.

.....“It was an unexpected big success,” says anthropologist Yousuke Kaifu of Japan's National Museum of Nature and Science in Tokyo. The five-person crew set out from Taiwan in the early afternoon on 7 July. Exhausted after a day and a half of paddling, the seafarers decided to rest on their second night at sea. As they slept, ocean currents carried them toward their target. “It was really lucky,” Kaifu says. They completed the trip just before noon on 9 July, after about 45 hours at sea. Drifting off course added 30 to 40 kilometers to the trip, Kaifu estimates.

....Whether paleolithic people really paddled across the ocean “is difficult to prove in a scientific way,” Kaifu says. But the experiment gives him the feeling that “that's the way our ancestors did it,” he says. "....

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
In Critial Path Fuller stated that word for bottom of boat was same as ceiling or roof in Japeneses, I asked Japenese person about they said no.  So been looking for what Fuller might have been told or came across way back when, when he was popular in Japan.

First site has word ..'Uwanosora' ovehead and other definitions and it also has in third from left, and iconic symbol of what looks like triangular tree with overhead roof,

2nd site has ...'Uwanibune' 上に船 – small boat for unloading cargo from a large anchored boat; lighter.

However, on this 2nd site we find also find name for small boat 'chabune and it also has triangular like tree with something over it, over its head.

Here are two web sites. 1st one translates english to japanese and 2nd is kinds of boat { bune } in Japan. Looking to find words that Fuller may have thought referenced bottom of boat to ceiling, roof overhead, covering etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
..."Yonaguni, Okinawa Pref., July 9 (Jiji Press)--A dugout canoe arrived at the island of Yonaguni in Okinawa Prefecture, southernmost Japan, on Tuesday, two days after its departure from Taiwan, successfully reproducing a voyage made by early settlers over 30,000 years ago."....

ebuc
ebuc

..."Utsuro-bune is Japanese for “hollow boat.” The term is used to refer to one of the strangest of legends, this one involving a being from another planet. For some, it’s a mix of multiple ancient myths. Others consider it one of the oldest records of human contact with extraterrestrials. A unique tale, it’s an account of a strange and beautiful woman’s arrival on the coast of Hitachi province, in Japan’s east, at the beginning of the 19th century.

....The Utsuro-bune legend was recorded in three different texts, all written within a few years of the event. The first is Toen shōsetsu (The Stories of the Garden of Rabbits), an 1825 manuscript which provides an impressively detailed description of the lady’s visit. A second, Hyōryū kishū (Diaries and stories of castaways), was written in 1835. Finally, Ume-no-chiri, (Peach Powder) was written in 1844. All three tales relate the same event, and with only minimal variations in their descriptions, the place names and the strange, man-made ship in which a woman arrived, it’s said, from another planet.
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
Agree with Dr.Franklin