What are the creator's responsibilities to mankind?

Author: RoderickSpode

Total: 10
RoderickSpode
Debates: 0
RoderickSpode
Or are there any?

Would they depend on whether or not the creator is associated with a religion.?

For instance, would Yahweh's responsibility to mankind (whatever that may be) be the same for the god of deism?
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
The responsibilities would depend on what that god wanted from its creation, which means I think you'd have to specify one. A deisitic god as I understand the idea only has one quality: it created the universe then at least functionally disappears. As this is the only quality it has, it would be strange for it to have any responsibility, because it ostensibly has no goals or desires. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RoderickSpode
Anything you want them to be, or none.

Though firstly we need to establish what the creator might be, if anything at all.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
this is a good question
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@RoderickSpode
What are the creator's responsibilities to mankind? Or are there any?
How could we know? I suspect an inference is not really good enough. God would need to tell us if he had responsibilities towards humanity. Otherwise he would have none. 

Would they depend on whether or not the creator is associated with a religion.?
I don't understand what this question is supposed to be asking? If God has responsibilities to humanity - then why would it matter if God or the creator is associated with a religion or not? It seems he either has responsibility or not.  I don't see how he or she or it, if it is associated with a religion would change his or her responsibilities.  Not without understanding what those non-inferred responsibilities are. 

For instance, would Yahweh's responsibility to mankind (whatever that may be) be the same for the god of deism?
The Deist God is the clockmaker god. He creates the world and then winds it up and leaves it until it runs out.  In that position - God is still responsible for the world even if he leaves it alone because he created it. It raises the question of determinism and freedom. If determinism then God is responsible - if freedom, then perhaps not. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@RoderickSpode
If this is more than a thought experiment then you have gotten the cart well forward of the horse as a creator would have to be demonstrated before we could even consider what responsibilities it might have.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@RoderickSpode
Do parents have any responsibility to their children?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
Not after you put them into the lost and found. 
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@3RU7AL

I see it more as does a governor of a prison  have any responsibility towards Prisons living on death row. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Tradesecret
I see it more as does a governor of a prison  have any responsibility towards Prisons living on death row. 
Yes, they have many, many responsibilities to those prisoners.  As parents have many, many responsibilities to their children. In fact, if either is found grossly neglecting these responsibilities, they can be criminally liable and relieved of their charges.  So you're saying a creator would have similar responsibilities?