Arguments for God

Author: Jarrett_Ludolph

Total: 5
Jarrett_Ludolph
Debates: 4
Jarrett_Ludolph
Put forth your best arguments for the existence of a God. I will define God as Maximal Great Being, that is omnipotence(all powerful), omniscience, (all knowing) and omnipresence (all loving).

I will not be responding to your arguments, since this a forum, and if I wanted o debate, I would have created a debate. I just want to see how you think

Thankyou

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Jarrett_Ludolph
Put forth your best arguments for the existence of a God. I will define God as Maximal Great Being, that is omnipotence(all powerful), omniscience, (all knowing) and omnipresence (all loving).

I will not be responding to your arguments, since this a forum, and if I wanted o debate, I would have created a debate. I just want to see how you think
Thanks for your topic. I would have joined in but once I saw your definition I found myself ruled out. I could not provide evidence for one who is obviously a strawman god. 
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Jarrett_Ludolph
 omnipresence (all loving)
All loving is omnibenevolent. Omnipresent is all present.

Yes, I'm a pedant.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Jarrett_Ludolph
The Ultimate Reality is God.

God is omnipotent in that every power in the universe ultimately finds its origin in God. When something moves, God gave it the power to do that. When people choose their actions, they are directing the energy that God gave them, for better or for worse.

God is omniscient in that everything that is known, can be known, or even exists is contained within God. Past, present, future even, all is known by God, because nothing exists apart from God.

God is omnipresent in the sense that the absense of God is non-existence. If something exists, God is there.

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Jarrett_Ludolph

Why the "all loving " in ( )? was it inclusive in your description of god or exclusive from? 

Matthew 10:37: "He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me"

Luke 14:26  "If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple.

So I guess that blows the existence for the god that you describe clean out of the water.

(all loving).
Does this mean also mean -  loving all?