Riddle Mafia - END GAME

Author: Danielle

Total: 32
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
T O W N . . . W I N S !!! 

I believe this is the first game I've modded where town has ever won. Congrats! 

Dead

Pie: mafia Judas
oromagi: town Supersaint
Hamburgler: town Adrenaline Junkie
Magic: town Mason Recruiter
Lunatic: town Vigilante 
SirAnonymous: mafia Watcher 

Intelligence:  You are the Godfather. You appear innocent to any role or alignment investigation of any kind. You win with the mafia. 

Alive

01 Speedrace
02 Supadudz
03 Greyparrot
04 Misterchris

[ Notes ]

I did not assign Greyparrot or Pie's role on purpose lol. I actually designed this game before the game where Luna was Judas. The reason I did not want to confirm whether or not I assigned roles randomly is because the clue about Luna being town spelled out in the riddle would prove they were not randomly assigned (or I didn't want to confuse anyone about it). I didn't give much thought to role assignments outside of Luna being town though.

MVP - Speedrace  

[ Riddles ] 

As I said some of the riddles or clues would be more obvious or useful than others. A few of the clues in this game were of no use as they hinted at the Watcher being scum, but the mafia Watcher didn't claim his real role anyway. Also the best clues I had were in relation to the Judas and Supersaint roles, but since they died right away I didn't get to use them. 

~ Day Phase 1 ~

Let's infer who to lynch through the mod's little riddles 
Unless you oddly prefer to remain noncommittal
Nostalgic for days with none clipped in the night 
All equipped with ways to try and put up a good fight 
It may not always work; some will wind up in a casket 
Seldom is every ability or possibility an asset 
Town consults with each other to hope scum gets busted
Only problem is that not everyone can be trusted 
Wise to wangle good favor from their solid disguise 
Nefarious scum will not waiver; their eyes' on the prize

1. Unless you oddly prefer to remain noncommittal is a hint that validates the vig claim, because his role is relevant to odd day phases with non committed lynches 
2. "All equipped with ways to try and help put up a fight" reveals there are no vanillas 
3. Seldom is every ability or possibility an asset hints there are some negative town utility roles 
4. Wise to wangle good favor with their solid disguise is a hint that even people with solid disguises, i.e. good role claims or with inno investigations (recruits) might not be town 
5. Nefarious scum do not waiver; they keep their EYES' on the prize is an obscure hint about the Watcher being mafia, as that possession of eyes' is singular and relevant to one person watching 
6. And of course LUNA IS TOWN is spelled out with the first letter of each line, validating his affiliation (I suspected some might consider him third party) 

~ Day Phase 2 ~

How many hints? You never be sure! I'll tell you there's six but technically more. 

This lets you know there were at least 6 hints given (this was the 7th hint, i.e. technically more)

In post # 80 I said "let's get back on track" which was a subtle nod to Speed in case he had to claim (he's the tracker). A few people's attention was toward him at the time I made that celebratory post about ByeDon's win. 

~ Day Phase 3 ~

Again this was a clue about the Watcher being scum. It wound up not being very helpful because the Watcher did not claim his real role. The link was a reference to a fight between a "two party system," i.e. no third parties being in the game. This was something both teams were worried about. 

~ Day Phase 4 ~

Fuck your day phase 4 clue - this picture of a Go Green sign was a nod to "saving the trees," i.e. a reference to Greyparrot being a tree stump which he just found out that night phase. I knew the game wouldn't go on much longer though hence the little quip about ya'll not really needing another clue. 

~ Mafia Riddles ~

On NP1 they got this picture saying "Welcome to CHAZ." This is a reference to the CHAZ/CHOP co-op which was an indication that there was not a cop in the game. However since there was a Godfather, I wanted to hint it would actually allow him to appear innocent to a mason recruit. (Get it? CHAZ - masons/vigilante/no cops?) Their night phase 2 was a picture of a piglet being crossed out, basically spelling out no cops being in the game at all in case that wasn't clear. This paved the way for a fake cop or role cop claim in case they needed it. On NP 3 I gave them this picture of some random ass character I googled named "Fasttrack." This was a hint that Speed was the tracker. I assumed they wouldn't know who that character is (who does?) but they could have searched the web for the image + the name was referenced in the link. 

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Lunatic
@Greyparrot
@Speedrace
@LikeMagic
@Intelligence_06
. . . 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Vader
@ILikePie5
@oromagi
@Mikal
. . . 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@SirAnonymous
. . . 
LikeMagic
Debates: 0
LikeMagic
Good game. Go team
Danielle
Danielle
Forgot to post the remaining roles: 

Speedrace - You are the Tracker. During the night phase you may track a player and see if they visit anyone during the night. You win with the town.

SupaDudz - You are the Restless Spirit. You will still be allowed to vote in the game for the following three day phases after you die. On the first day you are only allowed to cast 3 votes, on the second day 2 votes, and on the third day 1 vote (meaning you can't change it once you cast one vote). Your votes will not reflect publicly in the day phase and you will not count as a living player for the majority number. You win with the town.

Misterchris - You are the Jailkeeper. During the night phase you may place a player in jail, effectively preventing them from being targeted by any night action or carrying out any night action. You win with the town.

Greyparrot - You are the Forgetful Townie. You start the game not knowing what your role is. You find out on night phase 3. You win with the town.

You remember that you are the Treestump. You have no special role while alive, however, may still talk in the day phase upon your death (though you cannot vote and will not be counted among the living players). You win with the town.

MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
Nice! Sorry I couldn't contribute all that much for DP2 & 3. To say I've been busy is an understatement
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
I thought it was a bit townsided but ggs 

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Danielle
Do think it was a bit town sided but it was fun nonetheless. Thanks for MVP
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
I thought it was a bit townsided but ggs 

You could have decided to win with town then! Haha
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
Good job on the bomb gambit lol
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@ILikePie5
@Speedrace
I guess I could see how it was a bit town sided but I felt like town could take themselves out a few ways. 3 townie roles could kill, i.e. the Vigilante, Supersaint and Mason Recruiter if they recruited scum and died themselves. I also gave the mafia a decent claim (watcher) + Godfather that could be recruited to the masons to prove their innocence, and private riddles hinted at a fake claim for him i.e. cop. 

Almost all DP1s end in a no lynch meaning Luna would have had to kill on NP1. He only shot at Pie cuz Pie claimed he was deathproof for some reason. Otherwise statistically Luna would have killed a townie. Pie could have claimed 1x lynchproof or bulletproof (or not claimed anything). I also suspected Misterchris would use his jailing abilities earlier which would role block some people but he didn't. Plus most town roles were not verifiable at all (Adrenaline Junkie, Restless Spirit, Forgetful Townie) so they served as mislynch targets. Apologies if the game wasn't balanced though. 

One thing I forgot to say is I think it was so weird the mafia killed oromagi. He was a good target to try and get town to mislynch IMO. I guess I could see the logic in hindsight. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
You could have decided to win with town then! Haha
Meh, it was do or die. Compulsive Vig is not an everyday role you see😂
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@ILikePie5
Compulsive Vig is not an everyday role you see😂

Well he was only compulsive on odd day phases with NL i.e. NP1 lol (and possibly but unlikely NP3 which I just added just in case it shook things up, plus it made the riddle sound better :P ) 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Danielle
Well he was only compulsive on odd day phases with NL i.e. NP1 lol (and possibly but unlikely NP3 which I just added just in case it shook things up :P ) 
I just thought it was fairly out of the blue is all😂
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Danielle
I also suspected Misterchris would use his jailing abilities earlier which would role block some people but he didn't.
Yup. I knew my role was on balance negative town utility in the early game. I needed to save it until I was confident on a target.
LikeMagic
Debates: 0
LikeMagic
Town had three roles that could kill town when utilized so I think it was fairly balanced. Scum killed one of those roles and it just so happens Luna targeted well because Pie kind of put a target on himself with his claim. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I had a feeling Intel was scummy but I couldn’t find a reason. Also good catch on Sir. Really didn’t sus him much at all
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Eh, I didn't do much except help on the lynches.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Vader
I wanted to pressure sir on DP 1 but it went nowhere.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
Well, rats.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
Gg, town. You got us.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
I think it was pretty well balanced. The Judas could have been a huge advantage. The godfather would also have been really useful if the masons had recruited Intel. Didn't happen, though.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
I thought it was a bit townsided
Like Lunatic said, you could have tried to win with town. Going straight for joining the mafia made you look really suspicious. If there was no vig, we probably would have had to bus you in DP2.
Vader
Vader
Well I couldn't get a read on Sir cuz I haven't observed him as scum from town side and it's been awhile since he's played
Vader
Vader
I had a gut read on Intel but didn't pursue cause I had no evidence
Lunatic
Lunatic
My mason outting plan seemed pretty failproof. We were lucky we got sir with it, but darn, knowing that we could have town confirmed intel with it is kind of freaky
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@ILikePie5
@SirAnonymous
@Intelligence_06
What was the logic of night killing oromagi? 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Danielle
He could not be killed in any other way if you wanna live
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Intelligence_06
The goal would be to get a townie to cast his lynch vote by convincing them he's scum.