What Is It Like In Heaven

Author: Utanity

Total: 61
Utanity
Debates: 0
Utanity
Heaven is probably a city just like New York and Chicago and Jesus says that it is a place where God lives ( Revelations 21). And because heaven is real and it is an actual place the early Christians believe that heaven is close to earth since you go there straight away after dying.
In John 14: we learn My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? So it is amazing that heaven is also a mansion where God lives and that there are many mansions there.
In Luke 23,45 Jesus actually said Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
Do you think you meet with your family there? What if they died in sin, would you still meet them there?
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@ludofl3x
We are all sinners but all my family are true christians so we will all be heaven. We have all been redeemed and  saved by the lord Jesus Christ and we are prepared for what god has prepared for us. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He has prepared a city for them.....Hebrews 14.

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Utanity
Here is another thought for you. 

The Bible says that heaven and earth will be burnt up. And it talks about a new heaven and new earth. 

So it sounds like the heaven that exists now and which people go to when they die is not the final heaven. 

And also do you find it interesting how many times - heaven and earth are mentioned in the same phrase?  Almost as if heaven is on earth. 

Consider the Garden of Eden. A picture of Heaven. And yet it was planted on Earth. 

And in Revelation - it is the city of God - which comes to earth. Heaven on Earth. 

Fascinating. 
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Tradesecret
Your not right because all of that is wrong. No, planet Earth will never be destroyed, burned in fire, or replaced. The Bible teaches that God created the earth to be inhabited forever. “The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it.”Psalm 37:29. So heaven and earth are mentioned together because they will always exist and you don't even get that.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Utanity
What Is It Like In Heaven

I asked a similar question in a thread of my  own and not a single person of  the  Christian faithful could answer. 

Maybe you would like to give it a go for me, Utanity? I would be interested in your take .

here >> Paradise _ Then what?
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Stephen
I asked a similar question in a thread of my  own and not a single person of  the  Christian faithful could answer. 

Maybe you would like to give it a go for me, Utanity? I would be interested in your take .
God doesn't want us to know all about heaven or else we are going to think too much about it and get all negative. But he does let us know that your going to have an imacculate body and you will wear glowing white clothes. We know also that there are mansions in heaven and that God lives in one of them although the bible does say that you might actually live in his mansion because it has so many rooms John 14. You see lots of atheists say that what are you going to do with all that time on your hands but what they don't understand is that in heaven there is no such thing as time because it is eternal so you will never have time to get bored. Jesus said that it is not for us to ask and also that we will be provide for which is all we need to know anyway.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Utanity
We are all sinners but all my family are true christians so we will all be heaven. We have all been redeemed and  saved by the lord Jesus Christ and we are prepared for what god has prepared for us. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He has prepared a city for them.....Hebrews 14.
Wow, that's a lot of confidence there.  I take it your doctrine is "once saved always saved," meaning since you have accepted JEsus as your personal savior, it doesn't really matter if you die in sin?  In other words, let's say you're on your way to work one morning, and you're accosted by a homeless person, asking for money. You say "Sorry, I don't have any," even though you have five dollars in your pocket, or your lunch. As you cross the next street, you're hit by a bus, and sadly, you pass away. THe last act on earth was lying to a person in need, in service of keeping your own wealth. Now I'm not saying YOU would do this, but just setting up a scenario. So , if you died under these circumstances, a once saved always saved person thinks "I"m saved, no big deal." Many other CHristians think you died a sinner, and without that redemption from the sin, you go to hell. Which do you think? 

Also, what's your family in heaven going to look like?

And what are you doing during the days in heaven? Like when you're not at your mansion?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Utanity

God doesn't want us to know all about heaven or else we are going to think too much about it and get all negative.
Why would  the prospect of living with your god be imagined as negative??

so you will never have time to get bored.

That was the point of my own thread. I want to know what one will  actually be doing for the rest of eternity?  Paradise;  then what? What happens then? What's the point of paradise? 

Utanity
Utanity
-->
@ludofl3x
 Many other CHristians think you died a sinner, and without that redemption from the sin, you go to hell. Which do you think? 
If the Chistians are true Christians then they would not say that because why is the homeless person a homeless person. It is because he is not a true christian and probably not a Christian at all and God does warn about helping out scums. Luke 22 On reaching the place, he said to them, “Pray that you will not fall into temptation.” So then God will no that I resisted temptation and I will go to heaven but the bus driver wont because he is also scum for running over me. My family will have immacculate bodies like me and when Im not in my mansion I will visit there mansions. It doesnt matter anyway because it is eternity and there is no such thing as time so you never think about it.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Utanity
Your not right because all of that is wrong. No, planet Earth will never be destroyed, burned in fire, or replaced. The Bible teaches that God created the earth to be inhabited forever. “The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it.”Psalm 37:29. So heaven and earth are mentioned together because they will always exist and you don't even get that.
So how do you understand 2 Peter 3:10  "the heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare"?

And then how do you understand 2 Peter 3:12 " That day will bring about destruction of the heavens by fire and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.". ? 

Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Stephen
That was the point of my own thread. I want to know what one will  actually be doing for the rest of eternity?  Paradise;  then what? What happens then? What's the point of paradise? 
You put 2 question marks on the sentence. Jesus said that it does a man no good to take thought because thats when you start thinking all kinds of things and if it is a bad day your gonna think really negative things. You are very confused because paradise is the garden of Eden and thats not in heaven right. When you live in eternity there is no such thing as time so everything you do is here and now so you dont think about things like that.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Tradesecret
So how do you understand 2 Peter 3:10  "the heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare"?
And then how do you understand 2 Peter 3:12 " That day will bring about destruction of the heavens by fire and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.". ? 

But you are just scare mungering to frighten people because that was only here say talk because in Peter 2 it warns us about what false prophets will say and this is the kind of scummy stuff they will talk about like you do. So you are being a false prophet if you say things like that without saying that is what actually the false prophets were saying.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Utanity
So how do you understand 2 Peter 3:10  "the heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare"?
And then how do you understand 2 Peter 3:12 " That day will bring about destruction of the heavens by fire and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.". ? 

But you are just scare mungering to frighten people because that was only here say talk because in Peter 2 it warns us about what false prophets will say and this is the kind of scummy stuff they will talk about like you do. So you are being a false prophet if you say things like that without saying that is what actually the false prophets were saying.

What actually if you read my words, I am asking you how you understand these words? If you are telling me that you think that they are the false prophets speaking that is a matter for you.  And do you know what hearsay is? 
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Tradesecret
Your just trying to test me but what I say is in the bible and you should read it because it says exactly what I said. It says “The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it.”Psalm 37:29.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Utanity
I am not trying to test you. Don't be silly. I merely asked to consider other passages in the BIBLE.  

And for the record, the passage in Peter is not hearsay. It is what the bible says. To call it scaremongering is to "hide from the truth". 

God's covenant with his people is a promise that while people are faithful to him, that he will bless them. On the other hand, the same promise tells us that if we betray him that he will judge us.  That is what he did to the world in Noah's day and this is why in Peter he talks about these things happening on the Day of the Lord. 

You can ignore it - but you do so at your own peril. 

God will not be mocked - by you or anyone else. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Tradesecret
God will not be mocked - by you or anyone else. 
What does this mean, in practical terms? 
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Tradesecret
And for the record, the passage in Peter is not hearsay. It is what the bible says. To call it scaremongering is to "hide from the truth".
Your getting real stropy now just because you dont understand and even the other guy here is asking you are accusing me of mocking God. That is blaspemy and you should no better if you are a true christian. The bible says something that is scarmungering so but that doesn't mean it is it means that it is saying that false prophets are scarmungering and you were just trying to make out that it is hiding from the truth but it isnt.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@ludofl3x
Great question.  It means when God wants to deal with someone mocking him, he will do in his own terms and according to his will. 

It does not mean of course that people will not be able to mock him. After all people mock God all of the time. It means that judgment will happen either in this life or in the one to come.  It means - that eventually and inevitable your sins will find you out.  So don't get all narky about it, when judgment comes. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Utanity
Your getting real stropy now just because you dont understand and even the other guy here is asking you are accusing me of mocking God. That is blaspemy and you should no better if you are a true christian. The bible says something that is scarmungering so but that doesn't mean it is it means that it is saying that false prophets are scarmungering and you were just trying to make out that it is hiding from the truth but it isnt.
You have no idea what blasphemy is -if you think is blasphemy.  LOL! Oh Brother, whatever will we do when the facades stop? 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Utanity
Jesus said that it does a man no good to take thought because thats when you start thinking all kinds of things and if it is a bad day your gonna think really negative things.
Where does Jesus say that?  And is Jesus suggesting we shouldn't think for ourselves? 

You are very confused because paradise is the garden of Eden and thats not in heaven right.

I see. So my questions then are  -  heaven, then what? What happens then? What's the point of heaven? What does one do in heaven for the rest of eternity.

When you live in eternity there is no such thing as time so everything you do is here and now so you dont think about things like that.

That's my question;  What will a person be doing for the eternal here and now?

Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Stephen
That's my question;  What will a person be doing for the eternal here and now?
Its what I said because you didnt read it properly or you are being a bit dumb. You do everything in eternity because if the time lasts forever then what you can do is everything. Like der.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Utanity
That's my question;  What will a person be doing for the eternal here and now?
You do everything in eternity

What will one be actaully doing?  what is the "EVERYTHING"  that one will be doing? Playing football?  Swimming? Basket making? Sewing?  Bricklaying, Or kneeling at god feet & licking them and telling him how fkn great he is!!!?  

Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Stephen
What will one be actaully doing?  what is the "EVERYTHING"  that one will be doing? Playing football?  Swimming? Basket making? Sewing?  Bricklaying, Or kneeling at god feet & licking them and telling him how fkn great he is!!!?  

Im not going to reply to that because you are getting real stropy and you are pretending that you dont know what everything means just so you can do that. God will judge blasphemurs.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Utanity
What will one be actaully doing?  what is the "EVERYTHING"  that one will be doing? Playing football?  Swimming? Basket making? Sewing?  Bricklaying, Or kneeling at god feet & licking them and telling him how fkn great he is!!!?  

Im not going to reply to that because you are getting real stropy and you are pretending that you dont know what everything means just so you can do that. God will judge blasphemurs.

You don't know  what anyone will be doing  in heaven OR paradise,  do you?

Your just pretending to know stuff but you don't.  But you have a long way to go before you start making up stuff that sounds good... until it is tested, like many of the theist/believers here do.  Then your toys will come flying out  your crib and you will be accusing me of " mocking and attacking you". 

You have already called me  "really scumy  and a dumb".  But you need more practice sunshine. But keep trying, god loves a trier.

AND,   you haven't answered my question at post 21 above. 

Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Stephen
You should be more respectful like me because what I am saying is the truth and you dont want to no about it.
So I respectfuly ask you why you think it is wrong that if you live in eternity that you dont do everything. Say there is a monkey and you put it in a room with a typerighter for eternity then the monkey is going to type Romeo and Juliet and all the other books. You cant deny that can you.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Utanity
You should be more respectful like me because what I am saying is the truth and you dont want to no about it.

No what you are saying is what you believe to  be the truth.  But you still haven't explained what we will be doing in heaven OR paradise although you pretend to know. 

So I respectfuly ask you why you think it is wrong that if you live in eternity that you dont do everything.

And I respectfully am asking  you to show me where I have said    "you don't do anything".?   I asked you because I admit that I don't know, and neither do you? 

Say there is a monkey and you put it in a room with a typerighter for eternity then the monkey is going to type Romeo and Juliet and all the other books.

You cant deny that can you.

And  you can show me a "monkey in a room typing and  plagiarising Romeo and Juliet and all other books", can you  ? 

Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Stephen
And  you can show me a "monkey in a room typing and  plagiarising Romeo and Juliet and all other books", can you  ? 
No and I cant show you eternity because it never stops just like the monkey. But it could be a lot of mokeys because if one dies there is another monkey who will be doing the same and if that monkey gets it wrong then another monkey will get it right because all of the monkeys have eternity and infinity to do it so eventully one of the monkeys is going to type the books. Its real intellectul and it took me like eternity ha ha to work it out but if you sit down and think about it you will work it out to. So you see then that if you are in eternity you are going to do everything no matter what. And it doesnt matter what you do when because time is irreverent.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Utanity
If the Chistians are true Christians then they would not say that because why is the homeless person a homeless person. It is because he is not a true christian and probably not a Christian at all and God does warn about helping out scums. Luke 22 On reaching the place, he said to them, “Pray that you will not fall into temptation.” So then God will no that I resisted temptation and I will go to heaven but the bus driver wont because he is also scum for running over me. My family will have immacculate bodies like me and when Im not in my mansion I will visit there mansions. It doesnt matter anyway because it is eternity and there is no such thing as time so you never think about it.
So, you believe that true Christians can't be homeless, AND that if someone's homeless, it's because god is punishing them, and they don't deserve help? That they're "scums"?  That you'd be lauded in heaven for resisting the temptation to help someone in that situation? And that if the bus driver accidentally ran you over, he's also scum and not a true Christian? Is it not possible god's using the scummy bus driver to punish you for not being a true Christian? I wonder if your fellow Christians would agree with this, I must say, rather unique standard for being a true Christian. Ever heard of the beatitudes? Isn't that where Christians are obliged to clothe the naked, feed the hungry, shelter the homeless? Are all the Christian homeless shelters propagating false Christianity for helping the scums god is punishing?

As far as your family in heaven: what age will they be? Why would they need bodies or a mansion? 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Utanity
Your Afterlife will be the same as your Beforelife.