Social justice merits.

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 17
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
So what is the merit of trashing equality of justice for tribal justice?
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
could you clarify what this question means? 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Most of American jurisprudence revolves around the idea that you are treated equally under the law, no matter what you identify as.

Social Justice jurisprudence revolves around the idea that your identity should be considered.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Social Justice jurisprudence revolves around the idea that your identity should be considered.
could you be more specific? I'd like to make sure I understand your argument. I'm guessing you mean things like it being illegal to discriminate against people for being gay, for example. But that is absolutely being treated equally under the law. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
What is your definition of Social Justice?
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@Greyparrot
tribal identities often serve a legitimate purpose. Generally if a particular group of people has been subject to oppression or other poortreatment then that group is going to identify with one another band together and unite against the oppressors. when the reason for that identity no longer exists that is when we should expect those identities to stop. for example, homosexuals have hsitorically been subject to discrimination and the like so I think there is a good reason for them to have an identity on the other hand Jewish people are doing extremely well in the United States and there isn’t really much discrimination against them as far as I can tell so what purpose does that identity serve? Maybe it’s time for it to stop because well World War II was a long time ago
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
What is your definition of Social Justice?
Why are you asking? you are the one who started a thread asking a question. I am asking you to clarify what exactly you mean by your question. you are now answering my question with a question. 

Please explain what you mean by "So what is the merit of trashing equality of justice for tribal justice?". Ideally with a specific example of how this actually happens to that I can look into it and respond.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Death23
Should the judicial system make exceptions regarding the law based on group identity?
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@Greyparrot
they do in someways hate crimes have heftier sentences. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Death23
@HistoryBuff
If you have an hour to spare, this video goes over historical social justice.

MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@Greyparrot
People are naturally pronounced in tribal [racial] justice, and it takes a lot of conditioning to superimpose your "equality of justice".

The truth is, differing races don't get a long, and pretending that they leads to bloodshed. I'd much prefer if no-one from any race died because of a pipe-dream cerebral idea (equality of justice) was deemed appropriate for every country to instill. 

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@MgtowDemon
The truth is, differing races don't get a long, and pretending that they leads to bloodshed. 
ah, more words of wisdom from the local racist. We should just have apartheid then? because that has always worked so well. lol

MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@HistoryBuff
Please stop responding to every post I make. I've made it clear that I don't want to talk to you. You are being creepy now.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@MgtowDemon
Please stop responding to every post I make. I've made it clear that I don't want to talk to you. You are being creepy now.
you make wildly racist comments, I make sure it is very obvious to anyone (including you) that your comments are wildly racist. you don't need to respond if you don't want to. But honestly, you are the definition of a racism. Either see that and change your ways, or own your racism. Don't try to pretend you aren't. 

MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@HistoryBuff
The website doesn't need you stalking me. I already have a girlfriend and I'm definitely not interested in you. Go away, you creep.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
The website doesn't need you stalking me. I already have a girlfriend and I'm definitely not interested in you. Go away, you creep.
aww, poor little racist can't handle people pointing out his racism? perhaps you need to find a safe space. I'm betting the only place you would be able to talk about your beliefs without being challenged is probably a klan meeting though. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@MgtowDemon
 it takes a lot of conditioning to superimpose your "equality of justice".

Is Tribal justice better for a society and a nation?