UFO!!!

Author: RoderickSpode

Total: 12
RoderickSpode
Debates: 0
RoderickSpode
One of the greatest rock bands in the world.

But that's not what this thread is about.

This thread is not about what are they? either (not the rock band). Although I don't mind the conversation going in that direction as long as the main point is confronted.

I will say that I do not believe for a moment that they are interplanetary travelers.

The thread is actually a response to a recent thread called God and Dreamtime stories. I thought I should create a separate thread for the reason of not wanting to veer a thread off topic in that one.

The thread in question basically challenges the notion of non observable phenomena (like a god-experience) as being valid, and worthy of consideration since we can't place them in the category of natural observable science.

So now we have an interesting scenario that moved from tabloid hype, movies, and conspiracy theories to a valid disclosure from various governments who take serious certain claims from those considered reliable sources. Those who've observed phenomena that defy natural science (as we know it) logic. These UFOs should not have the ability to do what they have been in some cases recorded to do.

The phenomena defies natural science (so to speak) to the point where the theories require out side of natural science potential explanations. One of the stronger theories is that they are inter-dimensional travelers. The idea that they would bother to come from far off distance planets seems unlikely to a lot of folk (like myself). And the way they seem to disappear seems to suggest to a lot of people that these are beings that can travel in and out of our dimension.

Feel free to give a more natural explanation if you can, but to run with what alleged experts say, there's potential life outside of our natural environment.

If one can accept this, how about an actual creator of our universe interacting within our environment from somewhere similar to a parallel, or alternate dimension? I say similar because I don't want to minimize the Creator's realm by suggesting it's just a parallel or alternate dimension. But I think you get the point.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RoderickSpode
I will say that I do not believe for a moment that they are interplanetary travelers.
Why not? That ladder known as  Jacobs  reached from  somewhere down to earth, did it not?  And "witnesses" seen beings going  up and coming down down So where were these beings "descending" from?  And acceding to?

And a UFO is what it actaully says it is- an object that flies but as of yet it is unidentified by man.

These UFOs should not have the ability to do what they have been in some cases recorded to do.
But they do  according to very good   eyewitness accounts.

The phenomena defies natural science

As does bringing back to life a corpse of a dead man that has been stinking and rotting for days on end, or years? The difference is that we actually  have eyewitness accounts of how these UFO's moving in phenomenal ways. And of the two I know which one sounds more likely.

The idea that they would bother to come from far off distance planets seems unlikely to a lot of folk (like myself).
The idea that your god even bothered to create anything -  at all - in the first place is my biggest question ?  Are you going to give it a go? I doubt it. 

And the way they seem to disappear seems to suggest to a lot of people that these are beings that can travel in and out of our dimension.

Don't you mean our air space. 

Feel free to give a more natural explanation if you can,[................]there's potential life outside of our natural environment.

It would be rather ignorant and arrogant of any 21st century person to dismiss the possibility that there could be life on other planets and in other solar systems.  But there again, I have found most Christians to be  ignorant and arrogant and dismissive  to the possibility even though their own scriptures mention the decent of other beings and craft actually descending to earth from the sky or " heaven".  And not surprisingly so do many other ancient civilisations.

If one can accept this, how about an actual creator of our universe

You are conflating two things. Tell us  why do these visiting beings also have to be the creators of anything. 

interacting within our environment from somewhere similar to a parallel..............

They could interact without also being creators of the universe and everything in it..

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
If one can accept this, how about an actual creator of our universe
You are conflating two things. Tell us  why do these visiting beings also have to be the creators of anything. 
interacting within our environment from somewhere similar to a parallel..............
They could interact without also being creators of the universe and everything in it..

Bet your opinion of the importance of reading comprehension has risen, hasn't it Gentle Reader? Lol.
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@ethang5
I was tempted (or hoping) he was responding to me accidentally. Possibly thinking he was responding to some other post where someone said UFOs are flying saucers with little green men, and there is absolutely no life on other planets.

And we fly into a different dimension on our way to Hawaii.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RoderickSpode
Too tough for you are they? Those questions raised by yet another silly and pointless thread created by you/

You own scriptures speak of UFO's. But you wouldn't know that would you. You have never got past  Dick & Dora red book one.  But take some comfort from the fact that ,
that still puts you ahead of  ethang5.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@RoderickSpode
Would you believe in these interplanetary travelers if you had a book that you believed interplanetary travelers wrote ?

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
What did you use in school? Was it books?

???

Err, you did go to school right?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@RoderickSpode
Lol.

He is totally convinced you said that little green men are the creators of the universe and everything in it! Convinced.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
If one can entertain the thoughts of other beings " out there " shouldn't that be like entertaining  creation.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@ethang5
Scriptures. ......  yes. 
Spelling errors...... no. 

Instamute.  

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Lol.

It just seemed you had a problem with books, and I wondered if you always had that problem or if you developed it only after you used books in school. Then I realized I was assuming you had been to school. 

Perhaps you spent your early life in a singing group without songbooks. That would explain a lot.

Instamute
I consider it a badge of honor that I got you to break character.

Good game.
Good game.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RoderickSpode
I was  hoping he was responding to me accidentally

I bet you was. I am bit too much for you to handle sunshine.  Are you not even going to attempt my questions above. It appears no one else cares about gods UFO's where as they are my speciality. I am absolutely fascinated with them.