Sword Art Online: Masked Garbage

Author: Vader

Total: 15
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Sword Art Online is a show I have taken an interest due to it's reputation in the community of anime. It's a hot topic for some reason so I decided to invest myself in this show to form a valid opinion on this show with thorough points. What I found is a show that is comparable to someone wearing a mask. The mask looks beautiful, sexy, and attracts your attention. But when you take the mask off, you get a hideous abomination of bullshit and fuckery that is inhuman. We are going to look at every point of this comparision

The Mask

The mask is an interesting idea with beautiful animation. The action is immersive with clean graphics. It is impressive and amazing in every right. The background scenery makes it feel hyper realistic with a set of fantasy, and depicts a VR world to the same degree we imagine it in 2020. The character designs are great, and the design is eye pleasing. The concept of the show itself is an ear catcher for sure. Being forced into an MMORPG world similar to LoL is a concept worth exploring and modern for it's time. It looks to be an experience you don't want to miss. The music and OST's are done amazingly. The OP's are iconic, and the music fits the scenes perfectly, and it's so orgasmic, especially to a music fanatic like myself. These OST's are god tier. When Yuki does your OST's, you're in for a masterpiece of music

These tracks combined with the beautiful fighting and animation, and not to mention, the voice actors are amazing. There are great performances everywhere, but why is this show hated so much despite these qualities. Let's take off the mask...

Behind the Mask

Behind the mask you have a sexist, garbage, and rotting hell of plot holes, dungeons, and bad character development. I don't know where to start after S1, but let's start

Kirito is too overpowered to the point of it being LOL. There's scene where he gets sliced and diced but still doesn't die because of the plot armor he has. He has powers that just make no sense and it isn't explained besides the fact that he's a bit of a hacker. Wow. Just fucking stupid in general. He seems to have everything made for him and it causes his ability to lack development, which causes the show to feel terrible because of this development

The surrounding characters revolve around Kirito. They are built around Kirito to the point that it is memeable. It makes their characters extremely bland and makes them forgettable.

I know I'll get some backlash, but Asuna just seems tsundere stereotype and their whole relationship seems like it was inevitable. It's a typical development which isn't bad...but it doesn't make any lasting impressions like Hinata or ZeroTwo. 

The villain's are terrible terrible. Most of the villain's are straight pedos with twisted intentions that most animes don't touch. The double entrendres, the ugliness, the uncomfortable scenes it forces it viewers into. The villains become so deluded, delusion, and forgettable, that it takes away from the memorability of the show.

The develop of how Asuna's sister lived is shit as well. It destroys the concept of the show.

I could go and on and on with the misogynic views, sexism, and shit plot, but I think I covered it all
Vader
Vader
seldiora
Debates: 158
seldiora
-->
@Vader
Alicization is slightly better
Vader
Vader
-->
@seldiora
Ehh. Wuu pt 2 honestly was decent, I'm not a huge fan of it but it isn't bad. s1 is still the best...
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Wait, sword art online isn't a weapon drawings sharing website?
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
When people mentions sword art online, I think of this
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
it's shit, watched up to project alicization, then stopped watching.
ggo is awful
Crocodile
Crocodile
The first season was decent, at the best. Alfheim online was awful and the tentacle scene was just gross. I don't recommend watching past season 1 unless u want to be scarred.
Crocodile
Crocodile
the music is amazing tho i jam to the ost lol
Vader
Vader
-->
@Crocodile
Dude the tentacle scene was so weird. The villains as well. Hisoka 2.0 but weirder
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
Kirito is too overpowered to the point of it being LOL. There's scene where he gets sliced and diced but still doesn't die because of the plot armor he has. He has powers that just make no sense and it isn't explained besides the fact that he's a bit of a hacker.
i mean it is an shounen isekai. that's how most isekai protags are, but the elf thing's plot was literally just incest i don't know what you expected.

Vader
Vader
Btw my rating is a 4.5/10
Vader
Vader
-->
@WaterPhoenix

Kirito is too overpowered to the point of it being LOL. There's scene where he gets sliced and diced but still doesn't die because of the plot armor he has. He has powers that just make no sense and it isn't explained besides the fact that he's a bit of a hacker.
i mean it is an shounen isekai. that's how most isekai protags are, but the elf thing's plot was literally just incest i don't know what you expected.

What? No fuckin way. Most shonen protagonists like Naruto and Deku are not that fucking OP at their start. Did you see the scene what he stands there and gets sliced, and doesn't die? There's no development from him to get to that point. It's a stale character. Even so, his character is just an MMORPG gamers fantasy. Fuck bitches and be powerful. I see nothing intriguing about a character who has it all from the start and does nothing to develop. His plot armor is him fucking cheating and hacking lmao. And when the side characters are just revolving around the main character, you have bad side characters. Asuna is typical tsundere and there relationship is so flavorless and vanilla. Nothing special besides their love, and I argue that there better animes that show this deep love
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Vader
What? No fuckin way. Most shonen protagonists like Naruto and Deku are not that fucking OP at their start. Did you see the scene what he stands there and gets sliced, and doesn't die? There's no development from him to get to that point. It's a stale character.
im talking shounen isekai protags not just shounen protags, isekai protags are always just overpowered as hell. but yes, i do agree that sao is one of the worst anime i've ever watched and can confidently say that i could've spent those hours wasted on it on literally anything else it would've been more useful.

Crocodile
Crocodile
naruto was weak asf in part 1 and was way weaker than sasuke in beginning of shippuden.

i haven't watched mha in a long time.

my rating for sao is about 3/10