How Does One Become a Christian?

Author: Stephen

Total: 95
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen

To my knowledge many, if not most Christians are Christian because they have  had  the label foisted onto them and  had been taken into the religious sheepfold without their knowledge just after birth as infants by parents who probably had it foisted on them just after their birth after undergoing a water ritual aka a "rite".  So choice in those circumstances played no part for the individual whatsoever.  Many do, it has to be recognised, "fall by the way side " and make their own path through life unchained from any belief system. 

Yet some do   become Christians in the adulthood.   This to me  is a  unexplainable phenomenon . 

Can anyone calling themselves Christian explain this phenomenon?

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
All to easy. 

I'm can switch back and forth between atheism and Christianity like ' clicks fingers ' that. 
Well the run of the mill common verity Christians. ( everyone hear ) 

Christians meaning. Mormons and jews and stuff right. 
I can't insta join them ones. And I've a foreskin sooooooooo. 

I was going to be a seventh dayer Christian. But they have to do shlt also.     

Beliving in god is not a necessity that's for sure. 

Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Stephen
If your want to be a true christian you cant just say Im one then you are. Because what is happening is that god comes to you to be a christian like you will no it because you get sucked in like the dyson and then you know you are their and you no then what realty is all a bout because the experience is reel. If your in realty then you no that god is true and you no that your a true christian then.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I'm can switch back and forth between atheism and Christianity like ' clicks fingers ' that. 
If your still having four skins then your being very grubby and should get the pro seedure then your will not be vaselining back and fourth ever again. Once you haved your dooly done then your body will be clean and the true god will take you under his wing and he will a noynt you. Thou shall cast thy meat jacket to the dogs of doom then thou be as one with me.
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@Stephen
Having Christianity foisted  upon you does not make you a Christian, it is an  individual decision  once one is at the age of understanding.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ronjs
Having Christianity foisted  upon you does not make you a Christian,

Ok.

it is an  individual decision  once one is at the age of understanding.

Well that is my main question isn't it.  I did say and ask in my OP >>>> :#1

Yet some do   become Christians in the adulthood.   This to me  is a  unexplainable phenomenon . 

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
This to me  is a  unexplainable phenomenon
Yet you claim to have read, and know the bible. How then can it be unknown to you?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Yet you claim to have read, and know the bible. How then can it be unknown to you?

Did you read my question. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Sure. Did you read mine?
Stephen
Stephen

Did you read mine?
 Ok, so you don't want to answer or can't.

Please. I am asking you stop your nonsense and to leave .
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@Stephen
Maybe you could rephrase the question, as i don't see any mystery about this phenomenon. It is most often young adults who turn to Christ because the older we get the more set in our ways we become and are less likely to become Christians. Deathbed conversions are extremely rare.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@ronjs
Maybe you could rephrase the question, as i don't see any mystery about this phenomenon. It is most often young adults who turn to Christ because the older we get the more set in our ways we become and are less likely to become Christians. Deathbed conversions are extremely rare.
Mind you, I see a lot of middle aged people turning to Jesus.  Male and female. And often quite educated people.  
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@ronjs
It is true that many young people at university also turn to Christianity.  

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ronjs
Maybe you could rephrase the question, as i don't see any mystery about this phenomenon
I can't think of any other way of putting it.  But at least you accept that it s a phenomenon. 

It is most often young adults who turn to Christ

How and why do you think this happens?  I have mentioned above  that "some do   become Christians in the adulthood.   This to me  is a  unexplainable phenomenon ", 

and it appears that you too are having trouble explaining how this happens.

because the older we get the more set in our ways we become and are less likely to become Christians.

That is interesting. Why do you think that is? 

Deathbed conversions are extremely rare.

I have heard the opposite to this.  Nursing runs in  both my wife's and my own side of the family and has done so for a few generations.   Today I have nieces , children and grand children in the nursing profession and they all claim to have witnessed bedside confessions and conversions. Indeed the scriptures themselves (if they are to be believed)  speak of a conversion at the point of death and Constantine himself was baptised on his death bed.

In those instances it maybe that it is the fear of the unknown? Maybe it is hoping for another stab at life?  But it  remains a phenomenal  mystery to me how a "young adult" or adult becomes a Christian? 

Stephen
Stephen
So not a single Christian here can explain how they became christian other than having it foisted on them in infancy without their permission.  
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@Stephen
For me, it was the evidence  from fulfilled  prophesy and the lack of evidence for any alternative to ceation by an intelligent creator.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ronjs
For me, it was the evidence  from fulfilled  prophesy
Where did  you hear of the prophesy?  

and the lack of evidence for any alternative to ceation by an intelligent creator.
How did you come by your evidence for an  "intelligent creator"?

because the older we get the more set in our ways we become and are less likely to become Christians.

That is interesting. Why do you think that is? 

It is most often young adults who turn to Christ
How and why do you think this happens?  

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen

I answered "Sure" here. You deleted my answer and claimed I didn't want to answer. That us dishonest Stephen. It was such a petty lie.

Then I asked you, "Did you read mine?" You don't answer my question but reply,

Ok, so you don't want to answer or can't.
No one HAS to answer you, especially seeing your past behavior. Most Christians here will view you and your question as disingenuous. You have claimed to know the bible and Christian doctrine, so my question was reasonable. But you somehow think you are the only one who should ask questions and the only one deserving answers.

So not a single Christian here can explain how they became christian other than having it foisted on them in infancy without their permission.  
Or maybe they all know it would be a wasted effort given your lack if sincerity.

No. I will not leave. You do not control me. If you don't wish to face my questions, don't respond. But you will not bar me form any thread, even the lame ones you continuously spew. I will show the Gentle Readers how you cannot answer questions put to you, and how little you know about your chosen subjects.

Now, how to become a Christian is Christian doctrine 101. How come you don't know it when you have claimed extensive bible knowledge?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
No. I will not leave. You do not control me. 

I wouldn't want to own you I just want you to leave the thread.  You have made no attempt to answer the question and are simply agitating for the sake of it .

So please address the OP or leave me and this thread alone.

Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Stephen
 I wouldn't want to own you I just want you to leave the thread.  You have made no attempt to answer the question and are simply agitating for the sake of it .

Maybe he will be leaving your a lone for 90 days.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Stephen
Im a christian but Im married but it dont making the difference anyway from being the single christian. So a true christian doesnt pick the religion because then it wouldnt be true and you have to wait for when god he will choose you to be the real christian and then you will no because its strong pulling you like your getting sucked into the dyson and your then being a true christian.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Utanity
 a true christian doesnt pick the religion
That doesn't explain how you became a Christian .

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
No. I will not leave. You do not control me. 

I wouldn't want to own you I just want you to leave the thread.
You can't always get what you want! - Stones

You have made no attempt to answer the question...
Nor have you. You even deleted my reply and then lied that I had not answered.

and are simply agitating for the sake of it .
Get it through your brain. You cannot control me. You cannot tell me where to go. The only one agitating here is you. But I'm a big boy, I can take it.

I addressed the OP. I asked you a question. Now answer it. If you want to post a rant where no one can ask you questions, make a blog.

If you are afraid or ashamed to answer, just don't. If you want to block me, just do. Stop crying crocodile tears and man up. I will not leave any thread because you tell me to. That will NEVER happen.

Now I'll do like you and post my question again. Perhaps with your poor reading comprehension, you missed it and aren't dodging.

You claim to have read, and know the bible. How then can how to become a Christian be unknown to you?

You have to answer questions Stephen. You don't get to dodge answering and then demand that others answer yours. That is immature.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Stephen
 a true christian doesnt pick the religion

Your rite but that is not what I saying because I did saying how I becamed a christian but you crossed it out and that is not being up the front. A true christian doesnt talking the porkes like your doing anyway.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Utanity

Your rite but that is not what I saying because I did saying how I becamed a christian but you crossed it out and that is not being up the front. A true christian doesnt talking the porkes like your doing anyway.

So your a Christian but don't know how you became a Christian. 

I am a Christian ( not a practicing one).  I am among the  many millions that had it foisted on them in infancy. My question seems to have escaped you.  Have a go. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
You cannot control me. 

I know and I am not trying to. 

But I am asking to  either address my questions or please leave. You are contributing nothing at all to this thread  -  my thread.

have another go or simply leave. I am not interested in anything you have to say that doesn't address the OP.

Ready? then off you go :

Yet some do   become Christians in the adulthood.   This to me  is a  unexplainable phenomenon . 

Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Stephen
So your a Christian but don't know how you became a Christian. 
No your still missing the hole thing and perhaps your english is being poorer than mine but this is what I writed So a true christian doesnt pick the religion because then it wouldnt be true and you have to wait for when god he will choose you to be the real christian and then you will no because its strong pulling you like your getting sucked into the dyson and your then being a true christian. But perhaps to you didnt thinking what I sayed was about being me.

So thats what I ment and what I sayed but you can only be choosed by god to being the true christian but he wont choosing you if your head it is in the wrong place just saying.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Utanity
So a true christian doesnt pick the religion because then it wouldnt be true and you have to wait for when god he will choose you .

I see. Ok. And how did god choose you? 
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Stephen
 I see. Ok. And how did god choose you? 
God he sawed me going down in the hi street one day and I was listening to drake in the dr dre beats and the bible was in my hand and god new what my head was in the rite place and the rite space so he choosed me so its like your gotta have all of your sheet together and have all of the elements going at the same time and its like this sinajee what happens.
ethang5
ethang5
You cannot control me. 

I know and I am not trying to. 
Then stop telling me what to do. Unless you're doing it to trick the mods into thinking I am harassing you. Then by all means, go ahead.

But I am asking to  either address my questions or please leave.
I know. I addressed what you said and told I am not leaving. Repeating it will not change me.

You are contributing nothing at all to this thread  -  my thread.
Maybe because you keep deleting my replies and then lying that I didn't reply. I don't care if its your "thread". I decide on the value of my contribution, not you.

...have another go or simply leave.
Why don't you try addressing my question?

I am not interested in anything you have to say that doesn't address the OP.
OK then, address my question to the OP. Otherwise, please leave.

Yet some do   become Christians in the adulthood.   This to me  is a  unexplainable phenomenon . 
You claim the know the bible and Christian doctrine but you don't know how one becomes a Christian? How can this be? Is your question rhetorical? Are you lying? Playing? Confused?

Now, answer or leave.