Where does precession begin?

Author: janesix

Total: 5
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
In which house does the Precession begin? My thought has always been that it begins in Leo, but it could also begin in Aries. Some people even say it starts in Aquarius, but I really doubt that.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@janesix
The precession begins at the North Star and spirals clockwise.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@zedvictor4
So you are saying that precession is beginning in Aquarius?
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@janesix
Precession’s beginning would have to be calculated back in time to determine at what celestial point Earth’s axis was directed at Earth’s beginning… 4+ billion years ago. Of course, 4B years ago, no star we see today was in its present location, so there’s further complication to the calculation. Not to mention that those changes continue. We only know that, presently [over a scope of thousands of years] the circle described by Earth’s axial rotation [if even that is a constant, and it's probably not] requires  approx. 26,000 years to complete its rotation and that currently, about 14,000 years into the current rotation, our axis points to Polaris, and in roughly 12,000 years, assuming a stable and still galaxy [but it’s not], our axis will point to Vega. 

However, in 12,000 years, Vega will have moved, Polaris will have moved, from our perspective, and Leo, coincidentally, will look more like a constellation appearing virtually identical to a radio telescope today – effectively a dish. I know this because when I passed my Astronomy Merit Badge in Boy Scouts [some 50 years ago], when I lived in L.A., the administrator of Griffith Park Observatory & Planetarium, was my badge counselor. After passing the test, he asked if I would like to see the night sky in 10,000 years. I did. He fired up the device, which took about ten minutes to complete its changes, and projected the result on the dome overhead. I had just passed off identification of 40 constellations, but not one of them was recognizable. So, it’s all a senseless discussion.

18 days later

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
Where does precession begin?

I believe we had this conversation before or at least you have brought up the subject once before.

The Sumerians have this to say about the houses or as they wrote it "stations". 

Lord Ea/Enki explaining to his first born son Marduk (believed  by some to be the biblical Moloch): 
Sumerian epic.
When I on earth arrived, the station that was ending by me the station of the Fishes was named.! “the one that followed after my name title, He of the Waters, I called”!