Crimes Mafia - Endgame

Author: Bullish

Total: 45
Bullish
Debates: 0
Bullish
Mafia wins

Town

warren42: Stalking - stalking is the unwanted pursuit of another person - you are the perma-tracker - at night you may choose a person to track,and you will continue to track them until your tracking is disrupted, such as if your target dies.  

drafterman: Prostitution - Selling sex for money is considered by some to be a victimless crime, and many want decriminalization of prostitution.Prostitute is the name of a mafia role that is the same as roleblocker, thus you are the town roleblocker.

whiteflame: Disturbing the Peace - making a scene in public and inconveniencing others is considered disturbing the peace. This crime is used to arrest many protestors. You are the 1x agitator - activate your role to allow town to lynch two people in 1 day phase. You activate you role by posting in public "I'm so mad I could lynch two people!" in bold. When you activate your role the DP will be extended by 24 hours; the second lynch vote will start as soon as the first lynch goes through. Both lynches flip at the end of the day.

That1User: Medical malpractice - sometimes you provide shitty or negligent healthcare. Sometimes you keep your patients sick so you can make more money off of them. You are the delayed affect doctor - each night you may doc someone; if they were targeted for the kill, they will instead die 2 nights later; keep doc'ing them to delay their death. If you die then your patient will survive.

ILikePie5: Grand theft - grand theft is defined in California as stealing goods worth more than $950. There's a game called Grand Theft Auto where you steal cars. You are the 3x rolestealer - on 3 nights you may visit a person; if they have a role, both active and passive roles, they are informed that their role is stolen. After you steal their role you get to use it for that night only. When you try to use the role it may possibly work differently or fail depending on if there are certain prerequisites to the role. The next night their role is returned to them. X-shots are spent even if your action fails.

whiteflame(rep SupaDudz): Drug distribution - The drug trade comprises the biggest portion of the black market economy in the US. Possession of drugs with intent to distribute is a harsher crime than simply possessing drugs. You are the role vendor. Each night you may give one of the following drugs to another player:
-Cocaine (allows user to use their role twice)
-LSD (watcher)
-Marijuana (does nothing)
Each of these drugs corresponds to a role. Your target may start using that drug the night after you give it to them. You don't know what the drugs do.

Speedrace: Defacing currency - destroying a penny in the US is a federal crime and carry up to 5 years in prison. You are vanilla.

Mafia

Theme hint: the theme is white collar crime vs other crimes.Since crimes are a generic category, I will not provide specific fake claims. I will say that if only 1 of you claim your real character, you will not appear obviously scummy; if both of you claim your real characters, the theme split may not be obvious until one of you flips.

Lunatic: Corruption - accepting bribes for favors. As a corrupt politician you can do favors for your allies, or for money. You are the governor - once per game you may govern a lynch so that it doesn't go through;governing the lynch allows you to gain the vote of your target permanently(this side effect is announced publicly). Because corruption is generally beneficial to other criminals, you also investigate innocent to cops.

Danielle: Insider trading - Insider trading used to be legal. Rich capitalists would use information unknown to the public to trade stocks and make a killing the stock market. Because of this you have insider info: I will tell you every night action that happens as they happen (action and target, but not by who) up to an hour before the night phase ends.
Third party

Third Party

oromagi: Investigator - your role is the THIRD PARTY investigator(similar to a third party arsonist) - each night you may visit 1 player and investigate them to gather evidence of their crime; when you do this you learn their character; once you have investigated all living players, you willautomatically prosecute them the at the END of the next day phase, and they will all die, leaving you the winner.
At the beginning of the game you may choose 1 of the following buffs:
[selected] Undercover - you appear as the following character, role, and affiliation (that you can use as a fake claim) "Hacking - hacking is a computer crime wherethe hacker accesses someone's computer without their permission. Hackers can gain important information from their target's computer - you are the cop (town)"; you also actually gain the ability of cop. (redact until they choose this)
Protection detail - 1x bulletproof
You win by being the last player alive.

Actions

DP1
No lynch

NP1
Drafter RB Lunatic
oro investigate drafter
Supa give marijuana to Lunatic
pie steals doc from That1, docs self
warren tracks drafter
Danielle NKs oro

DP2
No lynch
Modkilled That1User

NP2
Drafter RB Danielle
white give LSD to warren
pie steals nothing from white
warren tracks drafter
Lunatic NKs white

DP3
lynched Pie

NP3
Drafter RB Speed
white give cocaine to drafter
warren tracks drafter, watches white
NK waived

DP4
lynch Speed

Commentary

wuh

Bullish
Bullish
Mafia brought up on NP3 that they could auto win if they killed someone (making it 3T vs 2M) then just governed themselves if they got lynched. I said the game would continue. This is because drafter received cocaine, so he could have conceivably blocked both lunatic and danielle on NP4 and continued the game for town.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
I blocked Lunatic N1 and Danielle N2 and didn't stop the kill either night. Bad luck.
Bullish
Bullish
Before someone says the insider role is OP, the balancing consideration is that the role is a straight downgrade of ninja+strongman, plus it could have been countered by 2 town roles: the roleblocker and role stealer. And there was only 2 mafia in a 10 player game with stacked town roles.

whiteflame1's role was a direct counter to the mafia govern.
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@drafterman
On NP1 you wouldn't have blocked luna either way, but NP2 I think might have been 50/50 if it wasn't for the insider role.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Bullish
Was there a theme break?
Bullish
Bullish
idk why pie thought his role "confirmed" him, role stealer is scummy af, it's traditionally a scum role. A number of town roles were scummy and that was the point with the theme.
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@drafterman
white collar vs regular crimes
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Bullish
On NP1 you wouldn't have blocked luna either way, but NP2 I think might have been 50/50 if it wasn't for the insider role.'
Why not?

Bullish
Bullish
-->
@drafterman
cause mafia wasn't gonna have lunatic do the kill anyway
Bullish
Bullish
NP1 Mafia changed their action last second, which caused me to give oro his results before he died. If he didn't I would have asked him to replace that1. Unfortunate for town that1 had to be modkilled, it would have given town 1 more mislynch, although it wouldn't have mattered cause mafia could have just governed it.

That1 had to be killed because at that point town literally did not have the votes to win the game if we factor in mafia's govern.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Bullish
Right what I mean is bad luck in that I chose the wrong person each night.
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@Vader
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
@warren42
@That1User
forgot to
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@Danielle
@Lunatic
@oromagi
@Speedrace
ping people
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Well... that happened. Figured it was either Speed/Lunatic or Speed/Danielle after Pie flipped town, but clearly speed is not always scum. Just... you know... often enough.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@whiteflame
lol
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
wHy wOUld maFIa paSS uP lYlO
Speedrace
Speedrace
Next time Danielle is gone for a weekend I'm lynching her
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Speedrace
Yeah... honestly, inactivity in general really hurt this game. Having to deal with the absence of That1 early on and minimal response from Danielle made too much of what was actually happening in this game incredibly unclear. Not blaming Danielle (probably was IRL stuff), but it's frustrating when that's the way that scum flies under the radar.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Speedrace
I quite clearly and unambiguously qualified that statement it was only given if Lunatic was town.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
It was true either way
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Speedrace
Maybe, we'll never know. Point is, my claim was only about a certain scenario, one that we weren't in.

I clearly was allowing for the possibility that a scum Lunatic would waive the NK to frame you.
whiteflame
whiteflame
Well, still, well played by scum, esp. Lunatic. Took me a while to suspect you, and you certainly played up your role well. And yeah, Draft, that was incredibly bad luck targeting both scum and missing the person who did the NK both times.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Bullish
idk why pie thought his role "confirmed" him, role stealer is scummy af, it's traditionally a scum role. A number of town roles were scummy and that was the point with the theme. 
The point was that even if I was lying I’d be lynched but confirm 2 townies in the process
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
I blocked Lunatic N1 and Danielle N2 and didn't stop the kill either night. Bad luck.
Your roleblock accuracy was amazing, it was only bad luck in that danielle had the role she had. As long as she was alive, it was virtually impossible for you to block the night kill. Had we not had that role, I would have probably carried the night kill and been lynched np2. It wasn't unlucky because you happened to target the scum who wasn't carrying the kill out, it was unlucky because we had that role so we got to choose who to carry the kill. You did well, up until dis-regarding that mafia would forfeit a night kill to frame someone in MYLO.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
wHy wOUld maFIa paSS uP lYlO
Seriously. I kept bringing up that point too, even though it was contrary to my win just to prove a point. People buy too easily into results at MYLO. The easier win would have been to do as was discussed and kill speed and frame drafter for killing him as warren would have tracked him to speed. Even if that lynch didn't go through, I could have just governed me or dani that night phase for a win (the chance drafter would have blocked me and her again seems slim). I forfeited the kill mostly as an experiment because the win seemed imminent either way and I was really curious if drafter would take the bait or be open minded about a forfeiture. I was really dis-appointed he instantly voted you.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@whiteflame
Yeah... honestly, inactivity in general really hurt this game. Having to deal with the absence of That1 early on and minimal response from Danielle made too much of what was actually happening in this game incredibly unclear. Not blaming Danielle (probably was IRL stuff), but it's frustrating when that's the way that scum flies under the radar.
It was frustrating player scum with her too lol. She was inactive in the scum chat during the weekends, debated me on almost every call without understanding the reasoning, and she could have hammered speed for hours last night but was yelling to me about "balance" even though she hadn't even logged on this site for 3 days and kept saying all weekend she would be active after the weekend. She was typing in the mafia chat when all she had to do was log in for 10 seconds while taking a poop to vtl speed. If that wagoned dis-appeared when she could have hammered for so long I would have just quit. 

I am never playing scum again with her lol. She waited until the morning to hammer just to be vindictive.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
I am never playing scum again with her lol. She waited until the morning to hammer just to be vindictive.
You hate to see it
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Lunatic
I have been saying that I have been sick for weeks and literally vomiting from exhaustion headaches to the point that I had to call in sick from work, and you had the audacity to message me incessantly like a psychopath in the middle of the night to hammer Speed. I asked you to please stop messaging me because I was laying in bed after I have been unable to sleep for weeks. I was next to my wife who was flipping out that my phone was going off at midnight. You expected me to hop my ass out of bed in the middle of the night at your command even though I CAN'T MOVE WITH MY SHOULDER INJURY (that you knew I was at physical therapy for last night) and when I said no, it wouldn't kill you to wait 8 HOURS for us to win the game, you threw a tantrum and left the mafia chat like a petulant child.  

You people are insane with this game. I was in tears last night because I couldn't fall back asleep after you kept waking me up with your notifications. Do you understand that I am a grown ass woman and can't play a game at your beckon call? I have been very active. Despite me being dizzy, despite me being literally ill and unable to work I still made my ass available to play which is more than I can say for a lot of people... and oh yeah not a single person suspected me the entire game so I did perfectly fine... but you're whining that I'm "the worst partner ever" because while I am sick and in massive pain (which I have been saying over and over) I couldn't help you win the game until 8 hours later. Grow the fuck up. Any mature person would be apologizing to me right now for that insanely childish behavior. 
drafterman
drafterman
I'm going to add to that. The reason why I was inactive DP1 was because I was literally on a Webex video call watching my grandmother die of Covid.