Sacrcasm

Author: Sum1hugme

Total: 5
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
I've been thinking about sarcasm lately. It's interesting how, by exaggerating just one or two letters, the meaning of a sentence is reversed. 

In the following examples, the sarcasm (and therefore the reversal of the sentence's original meaning) is underlined. Try saying them normally, and then again while exaggerating the underlined letters.

i.e.

• Oh, I love it.
  • Gee, Thanks.
  • Sure.
  • Good for you.
  It almost seems like sarcasm lies in the vowels. Are there any other ways to make a sentence sound sarcastic?

Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
how do i exaggerate the u in sure

Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@Crocodile
Extend it an extra second or so.

26 days later

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
For Americans, this is definitely true but Europeans and Australians+Newzealanders do sarcasm much drier and with more subtlety.

It is definitely easier to catch American and Canadian sarcasm than British etc.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
My sarcasm essentially devolved into this. Literally pretending I don't understand there is any joke so I could either look like an idiot or a genius.

One example:

Person(sarcastically): "The earth is flat, and everyone who says that the earth is round is a NASA government slave!"

Me: "Hello, I am a NASA government slave, and I can confirm here that the earth is completely flat, no need to thank me."