No one comes to the Father except…..

Author: Stephen

Total: 8
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me”. John14:6

What does this mean in its full context? Do I have to, for instance, believe Jesus died for my sins, or do I only have to believe in Jesus? Do I have to believe in the resurrection? Would it make me holy and acceptable for a place in heaven if I believed one or all the above?

John's gospel also says “ Jesus answered,“The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” John6:29.
Is this implying that if I believe he was from god then I would go to heaven?

Could it be argued that Jesus doesn’t use specifics by saying “ No one comes to the Father except through me [and only me]”.?
What had all those millions of Jews been believing in before Jesus came along that appears to disqualify them a place in “heaven” with their “father” unless they all started to believe in him? Which we know that many didn't.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
B.C.   Good point.

All those millions must be languishing in limbo.

AH!.....Perhaps the Big Fella, hadn't begun to fit souls until 2000 years ago....Hadn't quite worked out soul technology before then

I wonder if it is possible to retro-fit souls?

Though I expect that the Big Guy just said come on in before that.

Of course though..... With no St Peter on the door checking the character references ....There must have been a whole load of dodgy characters got in.

Perhaps Angels did the job before Pete....

I suppose these days they use a computerised, electronic scanning system....Old Pete just wouldn't cope, no natter how many angels he employed.

160,000 per day that's a lot of potential applicants.

Thank Christ for S.R.T........Soul Recognition Technology.
Stephen
Stephen
Another point is , did Jesus actaully lay down these prerequisites for a ticked to heaven, himself?
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

YOUR BIBLICAL AXIOMATIC QUOTE: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me”. John14:6"

Since I am the only TRUE Christian upon this forum, I have to accept that when Jesus made this statement of "No one comes before the Father except through me," He was talking to Himself as the image below simply shows, and especially since Jesus is our serial killer Yahweh God incarnate of the Triune Doctrine representing God, Son, and the Holy Spirit, praise!   http://www.quickmeme.com/img/5b/5ba5cc51e454e5e326b51aa0265f889d5f7787d6c4782f1dd7d78fd195aa3a4a.jpg

Since my Jewish heaven is only approximately 1400 square miles, where it being approximately equal to the smallest state of Delaware,  Jesus had to state the verse in question because I am sure by now that my Jewish heaven is getting filled up! The TRUE Christian has to Biblically accept that Jesus came ONLY for the Jews, and none other as the Bible so stipulates.

In the name of the hung Savior,

Brother D. Thomas

,  of no one comes before the Father except through Himself, As the TRUE Christian knows like myself, and where the pseudo-christians are in the dark, since Jesus was sent only for the JEWS, I repeat, only the Jews, and our Jewish heaven is only 1400 square miles, with 60 foot walls which will keep the JW's out, Jesus had to say no one comes to the Father except through Him because I am sure our Jewish heaven is filling up!

Stephen
Stephen

Well Brother,  what you may  have come to expect from me and my questions is that I do show that all of my questions and other   inquiries on this religion forum all arise from these ambiguous scriptures themselves.

And I believe here the scriptures are showing Paul  to be duping his audience?    Paul appears to make thing up as he goes along, just as many of the theist here do... often.  

Quick recap:   The bible has Jesus saying  "No one comes to the Father except through me”. John14:6.    We can accept that to mean through Jesus only.

But when we read Paul;

He says one can get to "the father"/heaven,  even if they don't believe in Jesus and as long as they  are married to someone that does!? 

i.e. Paul says in 1 CORINTHIANS 7:8-16 that the unbelieving husband is acceptable to God because he is united with his wife and vice versa, and their gentile/pagan children are also acceptable to God.

" Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband.  But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her.  And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him.  For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy ".

So here then it can be through the husband or wife that the "unbeliever" can get to heaven and not through Jesus only , according to Paul.

So  while on top of John14:6 we have   Mathew 7:13-14  telling us "But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it",  and Acts 4:12  telling us that:

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

Paul appears to be inviting all comers even none believing husbands and wives!? And Paul was never an apostle!?

Do you see my point Brother?

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen
@Barney

Stephen,

YOUR QUOTE:  "Do you see my point Brother?"

As I have said many times before, there is nothing worse for a TRUE Christian like myself to have a Hell Bound Atheist explicitly show me that my JUDEO-Christian Bible contradicts itself!  I have accepted this fact over the years, whereas the equally Hell Bound pseudo-christians in this forum have not, and literally turn themselves into pretzels and make fools of themselves in trying in vain to explain this fact away. 

Every word within the scriptures are inspired by my serial killer Jesus, therefore, where there are contradictions, there're falsehoods, and where there are falsehoods, there are lies because both contradicting falsehoods cannot be true at the same time, and to build my faith upon lies has always made me question Christianity.  But, like I have said before, I look away from these lies and pick the one I like best, even though this notion would not hold up in any court of law.

Remember, I am a TRUE Christian because Jesus promises that there will be no women in heaven, and because of my track record of my 8 marriages, and a plethora of Christian children soldiers for the cause, I have had enough with these Sisters of Eve, especially with their premenstrual dysphoric disorder all the time!

In the name of the hung Savior,

Brother D. Thomas

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Stephen,..................As I have said many times before, there is nothing worse for a TRUE Christian like myself to have a Hell Bound Atheist explicitly show me that my JUDEO-Christian Bible contradicts itself! 

Brother, it appears then that Paul,  the once persecutor and murderer of members of Jesus own flock including women has shown the unbeliever that there is another rout to "the father" other than the single and only path that Jesus claims there is, at John14:6

Stephen
Stephen
How was it then that the  once murderer of Christians was able to show  a route to god  without even  having  to believe themselves. 

Pope Francis assures atheists: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?  

Maybe this was a "mistranslation"  of those ancient Greek words  " you don't have to believe" and they mean something else entirely.    After all,  who is the head of the whole Catholic Church - the Pope,  to know and talk about such things?