The U.S. Constitution of Cancel Culture

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 8
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
Article I

Congress shall make law respecting the cancellation of religion and the free exercise thereof; the freedom of speech; and of the press; and permitting the right of certain people to riot in the streets without fear of retribution, and to censure all others by whatever means necessary.

No further rights, no further legislation, and no further justice need be enumerated.

The rest is summarily cancelled.
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
Uh oh someone said the N word on the internet better dox him and ruin his life.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@fauxlaw
Congress didn't cancel your king, the people did.  Punishing Trump for attempting to cancel our free and fair election is Congress' business today.  Trump sat in front of a TV for hours, delighted, celebratory, heedless of tearful appeal while the people he swore to God to defend were beaten, stabbed, murdered, shocked and shat on by volunteer thugs assembled and mobilized at Trump's command, militamen who clawed down the Stars and Stripes from our nation's Capitol and put up Trump flags, tried to reverse the election by taser and twist-tie and noose.

What you call free speech Americans call tyranny.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@oromagi
Free speech? Alright.
Free speech without hate speech? Sounds ok.
No free speech? Nah, probably not.
Free speech without hate speech, but considering every sentence said by a person you don't like hate speech? That is twitter. What is more is that "Men should have the right to live" would be more likely to get cancelled by the radical twitterers than "All whites should be publically executed".
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
The motto of the Leftists. Bulldoze anyone with different beliefs.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
Did I mention Trump? 
Did I mention a king?
Eat your own words; they're yours.
Congratulations
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@fauxlaw
Did I mention Trump? 
Did I mention a king?

"Congress shall make law ...permitting the right of certain people to riot in the streets without fear of retribution, and to censure all others"

This is one of the Trumpist talking points employed by the Trump defense team this week- that the left rioted last summer so the attempted reversal of November 3rd's election by force must be forgiven as mere counter-riot.  That any attempt to punish the leader of the assault on our Capitol should be dismissed as leftist cancel culture.

Or are you arguing now that you were justifying some other riot by false equivalency?

Henry II never mentioned murder or even Beckett when he cried out "Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?" but that doesn't make Henry II any less guilty of Beckett's assassination.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
You are totally misreading this string. You try to link specifically to Trump when I have not mentioned him, at all. I am making a general statement about cancel culture, and their aims. Facetious?Yes. Accurate? Well, that's what this string is all about, isn't it?