My "dreams"

Author: janesix

Total: 14
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
I am going to try to write here every day of my dreams from the night before. Just because I feel like it, and my therapist wanted me to start a dream journal.

Sometimes they are dreams, but sometimes they are something else. Like the last two nights, where my "dreams" were more like crazy confusing spiritual experiences. The first one from two nights ago was just hours of in and out of half sleep, where I just kept seeing weird white angular shapes. Last night was even weirder, and really disturbing. Once again is was hours of half sleep. I kept sort of waking up, and checking the time. It got progressively later each time I checked. (I almost always check the time immediately after waking up). The last time, it was suddenly 9 pm again, and I felt really freaked out about it, like something was messing with my sense of time. It is still bugging me right now. I also had some normal dreams, about personal stuff, but I won't get into that here.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
best to keep this private if you ask me... We dream very embarassing things at times and that's fine.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@janesix
 where I just kept seeing weird white angular shapes
OMG, you need to talk to ebuc.

janesix
janesix
-->
@RationalMadman
I said I wasn't getting into the personal ones here. Just the word dreams which happen all the time.
janesix
janesix
-->
@FLRW
Maybe ebuc is being sent dreams as well. He definitely knows things that most of us don't. The Muses are busy with that guy.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
The problem is that in a dream journal you're meant to specify the dirty/dangerous parts of dreams, it's important if it's being used for therapy purposes.

I will give you a piece of advice, don't let your alarm be too far away from you or too loud. If you're a auper deep sleeper odk the solution. Train yourself to wake up softly and slowly and KEEP your eyes shut while waking up, STAY lying down. This tricks the brain into slipping in and out of the exact dream's storyline that you were just having. After truly understanding the dream's key parts, then write in the journal everything you thought of and saw in your closed eyes.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@janesix
Firstly...Ebuc might or might not know things that we don't....Though they will probably just imply fermions and bosons and call you a sad egotist.

Secondly....Maybe you are just a sad egotist....Just joking.

Thirdly....The mind and body are a product of the mind and body.....You get out what you put in, as it were.

We are our own faults and our faults alone.....And only we can correct them....Your therapist just wants your cash.....And meds are either a short term solution or a long term nightmare.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@zedvictor4
We are our own faults and our faults alone.....And only we can correct them...
Well stated, there are plenty of self-help books available to point you in the right direction.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
If you lookup the nine dimensions of consciousness, level seven is light and sound make forms. Like sand on speakers. Did you hear anything. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I rarely hear anything in dreams. And I can't talk in dreams either

I do know about cymatics though, very interesting
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@janesix
Really. That's different. I have all kinds of conversations in  dreams I often lose when I wake up. Wonder why that shuts down for you. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I personally, have 43 levels of consciousness.

And Level 42 was a British Jazz Funk Combo, popular in the 1980's and 1990's.

Mark King could really thump that bass.

Not sure if this is helpful.
ebuc
ebuc

...“These results suggest that MCH neurons help the brain actively forget new, possibly, unimportant information,” said Dr. Kilduff. “Since dreams are thought to primarily occur during REM sleep, the sleep stage when the MCH cells turn on, activation of these cells may prevent the content of a dream from being stored in the hippocampus – consequently, the dream is quickly forgotten.”......

...."REM sleep first occurs about 90 minutes after falling asleep.  Your eyes move rapidly from side to side behind closed eyelids.  Mixed frequency brain wave activity becomes closer to that seen in wakefulness.  Your breathing becomes faster and irregular, and your heart rate and blood pressure increase to near waking levels.  Most of your dreaming occurs during REM sleep, although some can also occur in non-REM sleep.  Your arm and leg muscles become temporarily paralyzed, which prevents you from acting out your dreams.  As you age, you sleep less of your time in REM sleep.  Memory consolidation most likely requires both non-REM and REM sleep."....

...."Penile erections during rapid eye movement (REM) sleep are a robust physiologic phenomenon in all normal healthy males, irrespective of age."....  

.............................ergo, My favorite dreams irrespective of whether I remmeber them or not. :--))...............

..."Poor sleep quality has been related to sexual difficulties1-9, but casestudies suggest that chronic insomnias sometimes increase sexual desire andarousal10. In fact, thereis accumulating research suggesting that lack of sleep can increase sexual arousalin humans and animals. The present study aimed at better understanding thisintriguing phenomenon in men and women."....
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
In my experience...I find that there is a noticeable difference between physical and mental tiredness in relation to sleep quality.

An underworked body and an overworked mind will result in a reduced ability to sleep effectively.... And rebalancing an overworked mind has obvious consequences relative to both sleep and dreams.

There is also a noticeable link between sleep quality and diet and eating patterns.

And a system imbalanced by medication will inevitably also have an impact on sleep function.

As I stated previously, and in short....In terms of function, one can only expect to get out, the results of what one puts in.

If the body is a temple, then treat it with respect.

And  the above can also have simultaneous effects in relation to "Sexual difficulties".