Topic's posts

Posts in total: 7
  • bearnard65
    bearnard65 avatar
    Debates: 0
    Forum posts: 63
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65
    In the modern world, science and technology are fast-growing things, and as we can see a lot of new space technologies are about to be produced or invented. Which one do you expect the most and which one do you think might be the most useful for humans or for space exploration?
  • MisterChris
    MisterChris avatar
    Debates: 44
    Forum posts: 2,594
    MisterChris avatar
    MisterChris
    Not a space technology but personally I'm looking forward to the future of VR technology. I can finally have an anime waifu girlfriend. 

• oromagi
    oromagi avatar
    Debates: 99
    Forum posts: 4,639
    oromagi avatar
    oromagi
    Which [space technology] do you expect the most and
    There's a few things we absolute have to figure out- better radiation protection, tougher space suits, artificial gravity or else major medical interventions, ways to clear the dangerous debris in orbit around the earth and how to launch with far less or no debris.  We need some way to make non-poison soil en masse on new planets- if we have to bring our own soil to make food our weight requirements quadruple or worse.

which [space tech]  do you think might be the most useful for humans or
    clean water retrieval from the Asteroid Belt  will likely be most essential to humans in a couple of centuries

for space exploration?
    massive telescopes far from the sun will be most useful to the exploration of space.  Lensing the dark side of the Moon should allow us to track near exoplanets pretty effectively.  Putting a big lens out past Pluto should allow us to get thousands of pixels of data on perhaps millions of exoplanets.
  • Theweakeredge
    Theweakeredge avatar
    Debates: 25
    Forum posts: 2,902
    Theweakeredge avatar
    Theweakeredge
    --> @oromagi
    The future of vaccines is here - the covid vaccine uses brand new technology, the vaccine is using the spike protein of the virus and not a dead or inert virus itself. 
  • zedvictor4
    zedvictor4 avatar
    Debates: 15
    Forum posts: 4,183
    zedvictor4 avatar
    zedvictor4
    --> @bearnard65
    True...Technology and Alternative Intelligence is evolving almost exponentially.....But fragile organic structures such as ourselves and still very limited.

As oromagi suggests, telescopes are currently our best option for exploring space.

I don't think that intelligence in human form will be leaving this solar system any time soon.
  • bearnard65
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65
    --> @oromagi
    I `d like to mention micro-modular reactors and its larger brother small modular reactors. Space is huge. Most of it lacks convenient energy sources. If we limit ourselves to orbits near the sun, sure, solar power is readily available. But sunlight's intensity diminishes as we go further out. Mars is about the outer limit for convenient solar powered stuff and even then we have to start adding caveats. It's no coincidence that Perseverance and Curiosity are nuclear powered. It's the only option that can last years without maintenance. Solar power on satellites around Mars may work, but on Mars surface it will be really difficult for solar powered robots to stay functional. I think that scientists are rather far from creating such invention but still, it will allow us to do a lot of achievements we couldn`t make earlier. 

• bearnard65
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65
    Also, I liked the way how microsatellites are developing and how they partialy substitute ordinary sats. This is a cheaper and easier way for some missions ordinary sats used to do. Also, we may use microsats bigger number of fields that only emphasis their competence. Satellite technology take part in our everyday live, so we cannot imagine our precent world without sat technology