Do you think it's possible to beat Oromagi's rating?

Author: Undefeatable

Total: 4
Undefeatable
Debates: 64
Undefeatable
Though I had felt reasonably certain about my goal to being number 2 (since I would have beaten the highest "Undefeatable" debater, thus fulfilling my title), I'm curious if you guys think it's possible to beat Oromagi. He basically has at least 70 victories against 1500's, and managed to beat a number of high rankers including Intelligence, Mr. Chris, and Trent. If he goes through his 100th debate with Whiteflame as rated and loses, beating him will be much easier. But it still seems remarkably hard to win so many debates and lose so few. What do you guys think? Is Number 2 a respectable goal? Or is it possible to defeat Oromagi's position while instigating the vast majority of debates?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Undefeatable
If he goes through his 100th debate with Whiteflame as rated and loses, beating him will be much easier.
how many points will I drop when Whiteflame beats me?
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
Oromagi wins by erosion of opponents' rebuttal efficiency via gish gallop and skilled source quotation to make him seemore backed up than his opponent at all times. To defeat him, don't use cunning, for some reason voters don't accurately comprehend when you've outplayed him logically.

Winning on this website comes down to voters and their way of thinking, not to logic. Remember this in close debstes and refine your ability to talk/type in a way that makes voters feel you made many good points and that your opponent's points are 'meh' at best, then you'll be sure to improve at your winning edge.

The most difficult task isn't gaining ranking, it's not feeling dead inside or that you're wasting your life arguing for internet points.

I overcame this by finally dedicating to topics and debates where I feel my angle could be interesting. You seem dedicated to the internet points, so you'll have to overcome it your own way. Oromagi picks topics where he knows he can essentially gaslight his opponent on something. It is indeed sociopathic but in a 1v1 game, you can't gain ranking and have a winrate like Oromagi without being sociopathic in your approach.

Don't assume logic will win, don't assume facts will overpower rhetoric. Never underestimate how important it is to get very skilled at rhetoric and talking about the debate in a way that portrays you as the intelligent, well-spoken victim and your opponent as the barbaric, wrong-sided brute. That skill goes far beyond this website, that skill wins elections.

Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@Undefeatable
Possible, sure. Just hard.