Canada Requires You To Go To Government Facilities For COVID Positive Patients

Author: Vader

Total: 11
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
According to Justin Trudeau, ala the biggest liar and hypocrite, he instates that if you dare travel outside your country and get COVID, you can not quarantine in your house, but you have to go a government facility in the country and cannot return?

Stop praising Canada for stripping away human rights for health purposes. People can quarantine on their own when they have COVID. I stopped the spread when I had COVID by staying home and not going out. Why strip humans of their liberties because they got a sickness? Is this seriously how you treat your people? By punishing them for getting a disease so they can't see the ones they love and are forced into facilities. 

What a disgrace of a country. Poor Canadians

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Vader
I'd imagine it'd be because some people choose 'not to quarantine.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lemming
So your gonna force them into facilities? 
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Trudeau is a fantastic leader in many respects, it's why the Right Wing dislike him so much.

As for this particular thing, it's being done in many nations. The government-forced lockdown placed on those coming into the nation in many nations is being done via government-owned hotels (a new thing, they paid the hotel to control it) where they force you to stay lockdown in a hotel room for some time, most make you pay for the room though which has been an issue for people who hadn't planned for that cost while leaving the country.

The only difference in Canda is it's a specially built facility, it would seem.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Vader
According to Justin Trudeau, ala the biggest liar and hypocrite, he instates that if you dare travel outside your country and get COVID, you can not quarantine in your house, but you have to go a government facility in the country and cannot return?
A quick google search tells me that this isn't true. The information I found says you must book a stay in a hotel from an approved list for quarantine. So no one is has to go to a government facility. they have to go to a hotel until they can prove they aren't spreading a deadly disease. 

By punishing them for getting a disease so they can't see the ones they love and are forced into facilities. 
no one is being punished. They are required to take proper precautions to keep them from spreading a deadly disease. That is entirely reasonable. And also, these rules are overwhelmingly popular in Canada. Polling has found that 77 per cent of those asked disagreed with the idea that the travel restrictions are “too stringent and excessive,”

So the government is taking steps to keep people safe, and the large majority of Canadians approve. So why is it "poor Canadians" because their government is doing what they want it to do?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Vader
People can quarantine on their own when they have COVID.
The President of the United States failed to comply with his quarantine in spite of the promise of every possible comfort.  It's a low bar but we have to assume that because Trump lacked the self-control necessary to quarantine a significant portion of the rest of the population would likely prove similarly disabled.  Let's recall that Easter wave in New York from which most US infections originated was started by Americans under self-quarantine.  At that point, US quarantine basically meant you got a call after 14 days asking if you got sick.  Almost all of the  30million known US infections and more than half-million American deaths result from Trump's quarantine policies which proved too permissive.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@oromagi
@SupaDupa.

Trump lacked.

Unfortunately though, he didn't lack wealth and influence.

Nonetheless, SupaDupa's downer on J.T. was somewhat misplaced and overshadowed by the severity of C-19.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Vader
"So your gonna force them into facilities?" - SupaDudz

Well, 'I'm not.
I'm an American.

If someone had rabies or schizophrenia, I suppose we might.
Or if they were purposefully spreading Covid to other people.
Involuntary commitment still applies to a number of conditions in America.

19 days later

Vader
Vader
-->
@oromagi
To deny the right and freedoms of people is a violation of human rights. People can wear a mask and do their activities. Their should be no excuse to lockdown, let alone place people in government zones
Vader
Vader
-->
@HistoryBuff
Trudaeu himself said on twitter it would be government approved facilities.

No one in 1941 was saying the Japanese were being punished when they were forced to move into internment camps
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Vader
Trudaeu himself said on twitter it would be government approved facilities.
yes, there is a big list of pre-approved hotels. But a hotel on a pre-approved list is not a "government facility". So the topic's title is untrue.