United States Senate Mafia Endgame

Author: ILikePie5

Total: 21
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
MAFIA WIN

Town in this game was disastrous. Three No Lynches in a row should never happen especially if it’s not MYLO. I don’t understand how there was not a lynch between Oro or Supa cause it was obvious one of them was scum. Role Cops should immediately be suspicious especially if there’s a Cop counterclaiming. 

The second issue was the fact that if y’all didn’t even consider that if you lynched Grey, there wouldn’t be a town protective role in this game especially with a Judge and a Mafia NK present. Grey didn’t defend himself either which just hurt town, but the entire situation could be avoided if we lynched people earlier.

A third thing was that no one asked for justifications and there wasn’t any analysis into them either. Speed’s justification was so bad that I’m disappointed the political junkies in the game didn’t call it out right away. What Senator implement[s] the systems that track down domestic terrorists. That’s the job of the Department of Homeland Security, not a Senator. Committees are in charge of oversight, not implementing systems.

Overall Town was extremely lazy and so inactive that they deserved to lose this game. Even after the 3 No Lynches, they had an opportunity to win but it failed to materialize.

The theme was the two youngest senators vs everyone else. I was sad that there wasn’t more thematic analysis in the game cause that surely would’ve let to criticism of justifications and Grey’s role being justified.

In terms of balance, I thought this was pretty well balanced. In hindsight though I’d tweak the Gladiator role a bit to reset the time clock by a period of time like 36 hours or something.

MAFIA:

Speed - You are Jon Ossoff from The Peach State, also known as Georgia. As the Senior Senator from Georgia, you were elected during a runoff against the incumbent David Perdue. Prior to politics, you worked on a documentary production about corruption in foreign countries along with the staging of a play in Sierra Leone. Your political career started when you ran against Karen Handel in the Georgia 6th Congressional District Special Election losing by about three points; however, in your Senate victory, you carried the same district to victory. Throughout your career, you have experienced everything and worked in different areas from politics to film and now sit on a range of committees in different areas of the economy. You are the MAFIA SUPER-JOAT. Your abilities are as follows: 1x Strongarm, 1x Framer, 1x Lawyer, 1x Roleblocker, 1x Janitor, 1x Scout, 1x Lookout. You win with the Mafia.

Supa - You are Josh Hawley from The Show Me State, also known as Missouri. As the junior senator, you easily defeated corrupt Claire McCaskill 5.8%. Now with the retirement of Roy Blunt, you will become the senior senator from Missouri after the 2022 Senate Election. Prior to being the Senator, you were elected as the Attorney General of Missouri in 2016 by a landslide margin against Teresa Hensley, while Roy Blunt only won by like 3% against probably my favorite Democrat, Jason Kander. Throughout your tenure as the Attorney General, you were the leader of numerous investigations to determine the roles of different actors such as Big Tech, Former Governor Eric Greitens, and Opiod Manufactures in possible crimes against the people. You are the MAFIA STALKER. Each night you may visit another player. You will learn the role of that player. You win with the Mafia.

Fake Role: 1x Tracker

TOWN:

Oromagi - You are Richard Durbin from The Prairie State, also known as Illinois. You are the senior senator, first elected in 1996 and currently the Senate Majority Whip for the Democratic Party in the United States Senate. During your tenure in the Senate, you have never won by less than 10% against your Republican opponents even during wave years such as 2024, because of the help of Cook County, aka Chicago. Even though your state is known for corruption with something like 3 of the last 4 Governors being jailed for corruption, you’re the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Your primary job is to vet AG nominees and judicial nominees selected by the President to ensure they haven’t committed any shenanigans.You are the ODD-NIGHT COP. Each odd night you may investigate a player and will learn whether they are innocent or guilty. You win with the Town.

Lunatic - You are Cory Booker from The Garden State, also known as New Jersey. You are the junior senator, even though you should be the senior one cause Menéndez should’ve lost. In 2020, you ran for President, but were utterly defeated in the primaries, but luckily you were up for reelection and won against Rik Mehta by 16% in a landslide. You’re pretty much the male version of Kamala Harris, not just cause you’re black and young, but policy wise y’all have a lot in common too. Maybe it’s cause you had your Spartacus moment during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearing that you didn’t get the nomination for President, who knows? You are the 1X GLADIATOR. Once per game you can publicly announce that you are challenging a certain player, which will cause only you and that player to be votable on that day. When this ability is used, all votes are reset barring a lynch threshold already being reached. You may not use this ability at LYLO. You win with the Town.

Whiteflame - You are John Cornyn from The Lone Star State, also known as Texas. As the senior senator, you were first elected in 2002 against Ron Kirk by 12%. In 2020, you won a comfortable victory against MJ Hegar, who didn’t even stand a shot even though the media preached about a Blue Texas. Funny enough your seat belonged to the Senate Majority Leader, Vice President, and President Lyndon B. Johnson, which was the last time the seat went Democratic. Prior to your senate career, you were the Attorney General of Texas, and even before that, you were a Justice on the Texas State Supreme Court. In fact you were even considered for a Supreme Court nomination, which luckily didn’t happen because you’d probably be John Roberts 2.0. You are the 1X JUDGE. One night you may choose to kill someone who was on the lynch bandwagon during the most recent day phase. You win with the Town.

Earth - You are Ben Cardin from The Old Line State, also known as Maryland. As the senior senator, you were first elected in 2006 against Michael Steele, by 10%, the smallest margin you’ve ever won by. The most interesting fact about you is that you became the youngest Speaker of the House of Delegates of Maryland during the early part of your career. As the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, you played a key role in the three COVID Stimulus Packages to help small businesses during the coronavirus pandemic even though Democrats are practically against small businesses. You are the BUSINESSMAN. Each night you may give another player a target. If the person successfully lynches their target the next day, they will be rewarded with a prize that you select from (1x Tracker, 1x Cop, 1x Watcher). You win with the Town. [Action Fails if either target dies]

Greyparrot - You are Susan Collins from The Pine Tree State, also known as Maine. As the senior senator, you are quite literally one of the most impressive politicians I’ve ever seen, even though I think you’re a RINO. Literally everyone thought you’d lose to Maine House Speaker Sara Gideon (well, except me), but you pulled off the victory by 9% avoiding ranked choice. Not a single poll showed you ahead of Gideon, but you destroyed her. It was mainly due to your bipartisanship, which I have to commend you for, but you’re still a RINO. I hate indecisive people, so pick a freakin side. You’re always the key vote, maybe you’re just an attention seeker. You are the 2x MEDIATOR. Each night you may target another player and choose to either protect or roleblock that person, provided that you did not have a standing vote against anyone at the end of the preceding day phase. You win with the Town.

MisterChris - You are Rand Paul from The Bluegrass State, also known as Kentucky. As the junior senator, you are the shine of the GOP, while your colleague Cocaine Mitch represents the rot in the GOP. You’re pretty libertarian, but always support your principles regardless of which party supports it, which I deeply admire. You were first elected during the 2010 amidst the Tea Party wave and still hold to their tenet of fiscal conservatism. If Donald Trump weren’t on the stage, I’d have supported you 100%, just based on a stance that you get from your father Ron Paul, who also ran for President previously. That stance is ending endless wars worldwide, but especially in the Middle East. The CIA and NSA would face a big foe in you. You are the PACIFIST. You cannot cast votes for players who are one vote away from being lynched. You win with the Town.

WaterPhoenix - You are Patrick Leahy from The Green Mountain State, also known as Vermont. As the senior senator, you are also the longest serving member of the United States Senate. As a result you are currently the President Pro Tempore and were the President Pro Tempore Emeritus while the GOP held the Senate. Just for context, you were elected in 1974 and were in office when Watergate happened. Even now, you’re considering a 9th term in 2022, which is literally crazy. As the President Pro Tempore, you can be the Presiding Officer while the Vice President is not there giving you the power to rule on point of orders. Essentially your vote cannot be overridden because the minority party doesn’t have to votes to overturn the ruling. You are the 1x DOUBLEVOTER. One time during the day, you may tell me that you wish to use your role, allowing you to place two votes however you would like to. You win with the Town.

NP1 Actions

Speed - Lawyer self
Supa - Stalk Whiteflame and Kill Lunatic

Oro - Investigate Speed
Whiteflame- Waive
Earth - If Chris gets Luna lynched (1x Cop)
Grey - No Action

NP2 Actions

Speed - RB Grey
Supa - Stalk Earth and Kill Whiteflame

Oro - No Action
Whiteflame - No Action
Earth - If Oro gets Supa lynched (1x Watcher)
Grey - RB Supa —> Action Fails

NP3 Actions

Speed - Strongman Oro
Supa - Stalk Grey

Oro - Investigate Supa
Earth - If Chris gets Water lynched (1x Watcher)
Grey - RB Speed

NP4 Actions

Speed - Kill Earth and Scout Earth

Earth - If Chris gets Grey lynched (1x Tracker)

NP5 Action

Speed - Kill Chris

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
@Vader
@whiteflame
@oromagi
@Speedrace
Endgame is up
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
@Greyparrot
@MisterChris
@WaterPhoenix
Endgame is up
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
The fact that Speed literally claimed he got an action and that GP roleblocked him yet you still lynched GP is so fucking bad

Play better town. This has to be the most abysmal play I've seen from a lot of people in this game. I should've lynched DP2 or DP3 if we actually attempted to draw a lynch on me. The play from town was incredibly bad in this game and should be a lesson to get better

Oromagi was town MVP. Speed outplayed oromagi with the lawyer but oromagi actually put effort into this game and actually had some valid points to lynching me

Vader
Vader
-->
@MisterChris
@WaterPhoenix
@MC
You need to think more logically about a couple things. The fact that you scumread GP in DP1 for doing his meta is such bad town play. Grey's meta is to early claim. He claimed a protective role and not his actual to role to keep mafia off balance the entire game and it ACTUALLY worked. You need to think about other metas of people versus strictly sticking to typical norms in mafia. Also letting you know that vote count do not guarantee scum are on a train. That is pretty poor logic in general to follow because you can easily get outplayed by a smart mafia if you focus on that.

@WP
In the future you should use your Double Vote earlier. If you save it til the end it looks extremely sus since 1, it isn't affiliation indictive and 2, if you saved at 2v1 or 3v2, as scum you would only need to put you and scums vote on to win game. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@oromagi
You played really well this game. You had actual reasons to vote me and I actually noted some of the behavior analysis you had when I'm scum. 
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
I agree Oro was town MVP
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Speedrace
I agree Oro was town MVP
+1
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Yup, Oro was on it. Can’t say I did well, though I only got one NP to use my role, and by then I didn’t feel at all confident in picking targets. Would’ve been good for town confirming me, though, and I had a high probability of hitting scum, so I probably should have done it.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
I stand by my townreading Speed in DP4-5. He was literally copped inno + for SOME reason he didn't hammer Oro and end the game like he should've. (Speaking of which, wtf happened Speed?) With that to his name, no way TOWN would have won. GP was the clear lynch in DP5 and I stand by that, it wasn't a perfect lynch, but he was the best one by far. 

As for my read of GP DP1, I think it was far better than Lunatic's Oro read and I'm definitely looking forward to when Grey insta claims the mod-given claim as SCUM and TOWN loses. 
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@MisterChris
I stand by my townreading Speed in DP4-5. He was literally copped inno + for SOME reason he didn't hammer Oro and end the game like he should've. (Speaking of which, wtf happened Speed?)
There were 7 people that DP, not 6, so if I hammered Oro, the next DP I would've been lynched
Speedrace
Speedrace
That was a well executed bus if I do say so myself
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
oops
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
bruh moment i called it was earth oro or supa speed and then i doubted myself and thew sad
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@MisterChris
Nice scum read on me and subsequent near mislynch bro! jk lol gg
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
@Speedrace
nice win guys
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
ggs
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
GG 
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Speedrace
oh fr, nvm
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
gg no re
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Vader
Man take it easy on MC, he probably has little experience losing games.