Contradiction, Contradiction, Contradiction!

Author: Bones

Total: 98
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen
@fauxlaw

FAUXLAW, the runaway from biblical axioms, and now the #1 Bible fool upon this forum, and the #1 record holder of running away from godly posts, and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times at the expense of committing the Unpardonable Sin, and goes against Jesus in taking care of the poor, says that the Bible is a FRAUD, and calls the Christian faith as DISHONEST!,

Listen, I know you still have to continue to run away from your HUGE mistake of calling Jesus a LIAR, the Bible being a FRAUD, and the Christian faith as DISHONEST, and still wanting to be called a Christian, ***COUGH!*** Therefore, how about you finding your "big boy" pants, and for comic relief and entertainment, talk about your Greek translation knowledge of the scriptures, which in turn, may turn your outright ungodly predicament of really stepping in the proverbial poo around!  Huh?  

I am truly sorry that you didn't take my "double dare" in the following post.  SCARED AGAIN? Yeah, you are. :(

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@secularmerlin
Exactly what is not how evidence works?  Evidence is either witnessed as it is being produced, or it is the substance of things not seen directly, but is, none the less, true. There are other elemental factors that produce evidence than sight, alone, but are registered by other senses. The product of faith is one of those senses, and not even just external senses such as the other typical four: hearing, smell, taste and touch, Some have, for example, demonstrated the ability to sense Earth’s magnetic field. Animals other than human have that sense, too, and others, such as sonic echo location, blood flow beneath the surface of flesh, and so  on. So, if faith is likewise another internal sense as these examples are, who.are you to say it isn’t so? Sounds like  you’re just buying into more limitation.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@BrotherDThomas
You present no source of fear to me. Nothing you say has yet offered a challenge to me to which I feel a need to reply directly. Example: I still wait for the effect you said would be accomplished: my banishment from this site.  Had you ownership, or moderation rights, that would be something, but you don’t. Nor do you have the ability to coerce my direct response to your taunts to do anything whatsoever. You do not compel, or even frustrate.  You’re a tantrum oriented little boy who cannot stand that I exist in your world, and that presents an  irritation with which you cannot deal without expressing your unending displeasure; an itch you cannot scratch.  Tough shit, my friend, that’s the way of your world.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

FAUXLAW, the runaway from biblical axioms, and now the #1 Bible fool upon this forum, and the #1 record holder of running away from godly posts, and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times at the expense of committing the Unpardonable Sin, and goes against Jesus in taking care of the poor, says that the Bible is a FRAUD, and calls the Christian faith as DISHONEST!,

With your continued runaway post #63 above,  you found your "big boy" pants, but you didn't put them on, why?!  You continue to show this forum that you are too SCARED to at least try to respond to my godly posts, how sad for you in front of the membership.   With your continued responses in NOT addressing the FACT that you have called Jesus a LIAR, the Bible being a FRAUD, and the Christian faith as DISHONEST, and still wanting to be called a Christian, is beyond irrational thinking and heavy laughter! OMG! LOL!  

Listen, we all know that you are having a truly hard time in knowing that this post below of your Devil Speak against Jesus and the aforementioned factions will live on within this prestigious forum for as long as it exists: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5918-contradiction-contradiction-contradiction?page=1&post_number=7.  Whereas, this Satanic position of yours is your deathblow, coup de grâce, knockout, clincher, and topper! To use your terminology, this post above will be an itch that you cannot EVER scratch! Don't be totally stupid like you are with your assumed faith, because when I and others bring this post to the forefront, it is not harassment in any way whatsoever if it is within the context to the topic at hand, and that you run away from anyway, understood runaway Bible fool? Huh?  Yeah, you unfortunately do, sorry.  :(

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

I forgot, sorry, but you're only 10 RUNAWAY posts away from me for your memorable 75TH RUN AWAY POST recognition party within this forum, praise Jesus!  Because of this upcoming memorable and embarrassing event for you, as if your 50th party of RUNAWAYS wasn't enough, I will post 2 more godly posts below relative to your calling Jesus a LIAR, the Bible as a FRAUD, and calling the Christian faith as DISHONEST, okay? Now, don't let us down, come up with yet more grade school non sequitur responses to RUN instead of addressing the godly topics posed to you below, okay?

READY, read them below and put on your running shoes and disappear again .......  whoooooosh, he's gone and hiding again! LOL!

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

NUMBER 1

FAUXLAW, the runaway from biblical axioms, and now the #1 Bible fool upon this forum, and the #1 record holder of running away from godly posts, and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times at the expense of committing the Unpardonable Sin, and goes against Jesus in taking care of the poor, says that the Bible is a FRAUD, and calls the Christian faith as dishonest,

Within probably the most ungodly quotes of yours as shown in the link below that this Religion Forum has ever seen, bar none, you called the JUDEO-Christian Bible as a FRAUD and Christianity as DISHONEST!

Within the outright embarrassing quotes of yours in the link above, how do you deal with the following Jesus’ inspired words that the Bible is the exact word of Jesus herewith: “And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God.” (1 Thessalonians 2:13)

FAUXLAW, do you want to discuss your Devil Speak in how you have to deal with 1 Thessalonians 2:13 above since you call the JUDEO-Christian Bible a FRAUD, but in turn, the Bible represents the words of Jesus the Christ, therefore calling Him a LIAR once again! Or, are you going to cowardly RUN AWAY again in adding yet another runaway post to your ever growing list of 65 to date?

Here, let me use one of your over-used statements, the above inspired by Jesus post IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, therefore you should be able to respond to it for a change.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

NUMBER 2

Within probably the most ungodly quotes of yours as shown in the link below that this Religion Forum has ever seen, bar none, you called the JUDEO-Christian Bible as a FRAUD and Christianity as DISHONEST!

Within the outright embarrassing quotes of yours in the link above, you are guilty of the following passage: “I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.” (Romans 16:17). 

FAUXLAW, do you want to discuss what Jesus says in staying away from you since you call the Bible a FRAUD and that Christianity is DISHONEST, which is contrary to the teachings of the Bible? Or do you want to cowardly RUN AWAY again in adding yet another runaway post to your ever growing list of 65 to date?

Here, let me use one of your over-used statements, the above inspired by Jesus post IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, therefore you should be able to respond to it for a change. 

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
What a bloody waste of cyberspace.
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@fauxlaw
The best method we have so far discovered for separating fact from fiction is the scientific method. The scientific method is to try to DISPROVE your hypothesis. Only if you have exhaustively done so and your hypothesis stands can you rationally believe in your hypothesis. Before we could believe in any god(s) we would have to figure out how to go about DISPROVING any fictional god(s). 

That is how evidence works. How would you go about DISPROVING the existence of some god(s)? What would a universe look like if there were none? 

In a universe with only fictional gods I would expect many contradictory,  flawed and sometimes dangerous beliefs and that is what we see. 

I would also expect that if the Yahweh was fictional that there would be multiple competing religions based on the figure and multiple splinter factions within those religions themselves as populations split and ideologies evolve without guidance and that is what we see.

IF our universe is indistinguishable from a universe without any god(s) THEN we have no rational reason to believe in any.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@fauxlaw
We've discussed this before: these aren't "Special" senses. They're just the five senses calibrated differently. It's not magic. 

echo location, blood flow beneath the surface of flesh, and so  on. 
Faith is not in any way a 'sense' like these are. It's a wish. A hope. We can test for the other senses, including echo location (hearing) and the ability to detect blood flow (sight), this is how we confirmed that these senses exist. We can recreate these senses and use them ourselves, even though our eyes don't see in infrared. They're also survival mechanisms. Can you equate faith to sense in consideration of these facts?
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

FAUXLAW, the runaway from biblical axioms, and now the #1 Bible fool upon this forum, and the #1 record holder of running away from godly posts, and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times at the expense of committing the Unpardonable Sin, and goes against Jesus in taking care of the poor, says that the Bible is a FRAUD, and calls the Christian faith as dishonest,  and has run away from 18 posts to him in one thread,

YOUR QUOTE IN POST #68 TAKING THE COWARDLY WAY OUT PERTAINING TO YOUR UNGODLY PREDICAMENT BY RUNNING AWAY FROM MY POSTS WITH JESUS’ PASSAGES WITHIN:  “What a bloody waste of cyberspace.”

First off, can you tell the membership in why you think it is a waste of time by me giving you inspired by Jesus passages that rightfully contradict your ungodly notions of you being an assumed Christian and by calling Jesus a LIAR, where you say the Bible is a FRAUD, and when you say that the Christian faith is DISHONEST as explicitly shown in this link herewith:   https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5918-contradiction-contradiction-contradiction?page=1&post_number=7.

BEGIN:

Secondly, I gave you a choice to address the following link/posts thus far below with Jesus' inspired words within, or cowardly run away from them and hide. As seen, you took the option of being a coward in the name of Satan and ran away from 18 posts shown below IN ONE THREAD alone! OMG!  Which in turn, has to be a record within this esteemed forum!  Priceless cowardliness on your part at your expense once again with absolutely no way out for you whatsoever.

FAUXLAW, when you remain upon this forum, then you are  going to have to get used to you being made the blatantly stupid and ignorant Bible fool that you are, do you understand this simple premise? Yeah, you do.  Logically, that scary word for you, your credibility relative to your faith within this forum is ZERO!

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@secularmerlin
How would you go about DISPROVING the existence of some god(s)? What would a universe look like if there were none? 
How much do you really understand about "evidence?"

You are surely aware of the common argument that a negative cannot be proved. That's because there is no evidence supporting that which does not exist in the first place. I found this as a description of BoP: 

"The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove. The inability, or disinclination, to disprove a claim does not render that claim valid, nor give it any credence whatsoever. However it is important to note that we can never be certain of anything, and so we must assign value to any claim based on the available evidence, and to dismiss something on the basis that it hasn't been proven beyond all doubt is also fallacious reasoning."https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@ludofl3x
the ability to detect blood flow (sight)
No, you misunderstand the sense blood in veins of a victim, such as exhibited by vampire bats, which exhibit this skill about as well as any animal on Earth. It is not by sight, my friend, but by thermal sense, which is not sight, nor touch, nor smell, nor taste, nor hearing, your holy five. For us, the only method we have, naturally, of thermal sense is by touch. obviously, the bat does not need touch. Just so, I declare that faith is an internal sense, whereas all of your five holies are external senses, including the open mouth, nose, eyes and ears. It is not touch in the traditional sense, because nothing is physically touched.

It is by faith that I am warned of a potential sense of danger where none physically, by my other senses, exists. When I am in complete darkness, where normal sight is defeated, my faith provides a feint, yellow light from behind my right shoulder, such that I can partially see ahead about three feet faintly. I don't know why, but it's there. Explain that with your five holies.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@fauxlaw
. When I am in complete darkness, where normal sight is defeated, my faith provides a feint, yellow light from behind my right shoulder, such that I can partially see ahead about three feet faintly. I don't know why, but it's there. 
Can you demonstrate this? Like if you and someone ELSE are alone in the dark, can the other person see this light?

"Thermal sense" = infrared vision
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@ludofl3x
Can you demonstrate this?
No, I will not. I am not a trained seal. This is intensely personal and spiritual. 

"Thermal sense" = infrared vision
No, it is not. As with X-ray and radio, including nuclear emission, infrared exists outside the scope of visible light, even for bats. This is a thermal sense, but one that is sensed only by properly equipped animals needing none of the sensory devices which receive your five holies. It is an entirely different organ sensing heat, alone, but not vision, and not touch. Go back to school; your five holies are not unique in the animal world.

It's like UV light, which is outside the visible light spectrum, as well. We see black light, but only because this is emitting UV light, but it is not a precise UV light source, therefore, some of its light emission drifts into the visible spectrum. That's what you see. Same with "infrared light" at the other ends of the scale. Come on, you know this stuff. Don't you?
Bones
Debates: 31
Bones
-->
@fauxlaw
When I am in complete darkness, where normal sight is defeated, my faith provides a feint, yellow light from behind my right shoulder, such that I can partially see ahead about three feet faintly. I don't know why, but it's there. 
What part of this is supportive of religion or God? How do you know that it is faith providing the link, and not some weird illusion or figment of your imagination. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Bones
What part of this is supportive of religion or God?
Because the sensation of faith based on my continued effort of growing it is as familiar to me as any other sense. I don't just "have faith" indiscriminately;  it is directed specifically at faith in Jesus Christ; there is where all other truth becomes known to me. Until one has experienced it for themselves, it is not known what it is. Faith is the first step in ultimately knowing, not just believing, all things. There is a distinct difference between those two things. One can believe whatever they wish, but belief, alone, compels no one to action. only faith drives one to act on whatever one has faith in, because faith has the curious property that only faith in what is already true, but unknown, drives one to reach, ultimately, what the truth is. Most people equate belief and faith, and that blurring is even described biblically, but that is not fault of Jesus, for he wrote not one jot or tittle of scripture. It is the error of men who believed more in their own intellect than dependence on God's inspiration to either write what was written, but more likely, what was subsequently re-written and translated over centuries and millennia.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@fauxlaw
You are surely aware of the common argument that a negative cannot be proved.
Some negatives can be proven. I think what you mean is that some propositions are UNFALSIFIABLE. Any such proposals are impossible to prove or disprove and skepticism is the default. 
That's because there is no evidence supporting that which does not exist in the first place. I found this as a description of BoP: 

"The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove. The inability, or disinclination, to disprove a claim does not render that claim valid, nor give it any credence whatsoever. However it is important to note that we can never be certain of anything, and so we must assign value to any claim based on the available evidence, and to dismiss something on the basis that it hasn't been proven beyond all doubt is also fallacious reasoning."
Ok so you are claiming some god(s) exist so you have a burden of proof. However the existence of god(s) is unfalsifiable unless you can describe exactly what the universe would look like without some god(s). 

IF our universe is indistinguishable from a universe without any god(s) THEN we have no rational reason to believe in any.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@secularmerlin
"Believe" becomes the extent of what you accept as true when belief, alone, cannot get you there. Belief and faith are not synonymous, and never were. Most think that way, but not this kid.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

FAUXLAW, the runaway from biblical axioms, and now the #1 Bible fool upon this forum, and the #1 record holder of running away from godly posts, and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times at the expense of committing the Unpardonable Sin, and goes against Jesus in taking care of the poor, says that the Bible is a FRAUD, and calls the Christian faith as DISHONEST,  and has run away from 18 posts to him in one thread,

Is there a reason that you cannot address the following post of mine to you within this thread in the link below?

Just tell me a good reason why you can't, or are too embarrassed to at least "try" and address the post above, and if it is a good enough reason, then I will let it lay at your continued embarrassment, okay? To use your statement, the post that you are still running away from  IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!

BEGIN:

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Edge has been more convincing in a single line than in your total... verbosity. Your arrogance as if you can command any of us to "BEGIN" some enterprise at your command. Stuff it. You command not one jot or tittle other than yourself, and I wonder how much control is even there. Not much as you cannot seem to contain yourself.  You can't even ban me. How pathetic is that?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@fauxlaw
"Believe" becomes the extent of what you accept as true when belief, alone, cannot get you there. Belief and faith are not synonymous, and never were. Most think that way, but not this kid.
Indeed if you have evidence you don't need faith to believe and if you have no evidence there is no reason to believe. Faith is what you have instead of a good reason to believe. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@secularmerlin
if you have no evidence there is no reason to believe.
Belief is not a bad thing. It has its place. So what if I believe that sapient humanoid blue Na'vi inhabit a moon somewhere out there? Am I compelled to act on that belief? No, and that is the distinction between belief and faith. Faith demands acting on what is believed, else the "substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen" [Hebrews 11: 1. - but really, the entire chapter] is never achieved, and belief continues, or not, unproven. Thus, there is reason to believe, and since faith can only express truth [one cannot have faith in falsity, because the false will never bear fruit], belief can, ultimately, lead to faith, and faith to truth, but only by action, and not mere thought.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@fauxlaw
Whatever definitions you want to use there are beliefs that are based upon evidence and those which are not. The nature of the belief itself is immaterial to me. As far as the evidence will support it is actually more likely that sapient humanoid blue Na'vi inhabit a moon somewhere out there than that there are some god(s) because we have examples of sapient organisms and no examples of god(s).

Neither has sufficient evidence to warrant rational belief. 

If you wish to start referring to faith and knowledge as irrational and rational or justified and unjustified that is fine. You use faith however you want you still have no evidence for yours.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@secularmerlin
Thank you for telling me what I have and do. Who made you grand fubah? Your pocket mouse? Sorry; credibility gap.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@fauxlaw
You don't have to do anything. You don't even have to have rational reasoning behind your beliefs. Just don't be surprised when others have trouble taking you seriously. 
Bones
Debates: 31
Bones
-->
@fauxlaw
Let me make this clear, you believe in God because of a bit of light you see in the dark? 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Bones
-->@fauxlaw
Let me make this clear, you believe in God because of a bit of light you see in the dark? 

And because he is a student of Ancient Greek >>>#28  fauxlaw - and anyone that isn't a student of Ancient Greek has no right to question or will ever be able to understand these scriptures. MY ARSE!

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

FAUXLAW, the runaway from biblical axioms, and now the #1 Bible fool upon this forum, and the #1 record holder of running away from godly posts, and who has called Jesus aLIAR many times at the expense of committing the Unpardonable Sin, and goes against Jesus in taking care of the poor, says that the Bible is a FRAUD, and calls the Christian faith as DISHONEST,  and has run away from 18 posts to him in one thread,

Your feeble post #81 STILL DOES NOT ADDRESS YOU RUNNING AWAY from my post # 80!!!  Whats your problem in talking about the word of Jesus the Christ?

Here is the post AGAIN below for you to address, understand?  Tell me if you have heard this one before, this is a discussion forum, and NOT a runaway from discussion forum, get you ignorant Bible fool?!  https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5918/post-links/259840

BEGIN:

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Bones
One of many, many reasons. The foundation of my faith is wide and deep, rooted in spiritual experiences going back of 65 years.