Fairy Tail Mafia DP1

Author: Vader

Read-only
Total: 555
coal
Debates: 6
coal
The whole "please excuse my lurking in the background while town players tear each other apart thing" is scum as fuck, but it's so over the top that I don't think any scum would do it.

It's just ill-considered lazyness. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@coal
Pie also wanted to waste our time with MC's role. 

So did Oro.

I stand by that.  Four and you may not know that MC claimed PACIFIST last game.  We tested DP1 and a surprising number of TOWN threw MC into auto confirmed TOWN after the test (which read proved accurate).  My common sense says that MC would not make such a claim so early as SCUM but I have this nagging concern in context that MC might be hoping to slide by untested based on the cred he built last game.  I'm still down with testing this claim, even if you are convinced it is a waste of time.
FourTrouble
Debates: 8
FourTrouble
Pie, join me on Earth. Prove you're town!
coal
coal
-->
@oromagi
So again, are you just flat out not going to post actual reads? 
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
MC's role doesn't tell us anything about alignment. Stop wasting our time.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
I'm going to policy lynch the next person who suggests testing MC's claim.
RationalMadman
Debates: 569
RationalMadman
-->
@FourTrouble
MC's role doesn't tell us anything about alignment. Stop wasting our time.
Funny, I said that on page 1 but who knows, I'm scum for suspecting there being a third party and being insulted that you thought you could read me so soon.
coal
coal
-->
@oromagi
Note for the record I have considered your argument as to why I should be caring about MC, and find it unavailing. 

I literally just want you to post the list of players and indicate beside their name whether they are town or scum.

You don't even have to explain.  Just post what your reads are. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@FourTrouble
Pie, you gotta break open from your cage. Learn to see.
I don’t go around scum reading literally everyone.

Let me ask you this: name one person who you want to full claim right now. Cause Me, WF, RM, and Earth cannot be all scum.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@FourTrouble
MC is town for the instant out though and how he acts afterwards, in my opinion. As scum he'd be steamrolling his influence with the claim, trying to influence everyone. I don't read him as a subtle player and know this from more than just Mafia. I haven't played with him if I recall correctly but I've skimread some games.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
I stand by that.  Four and you may not know that MC claimed PACIFIST last game.  We tested DP1 and a surprising number of TOWN threw MC into auto confirmed TOWN after the test (which read proved accurate).  My common sense says that MC would not make such a claim so early as SCUM but I have this nagging concern in context that MC might be hoping to slide by untested based on the cred he built last game.  I'm still down with testing this claim, even if you are convinced it is a waste of time.
+1

Only a fool doesn’t double check their flanks are secured. We all know it’s not affiliation indicative. The goal is to lock him into his role. Plus it only takes like 5 seconds to do
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
I don't want claims from anyone. Just a lynch on scum.
coal
coal
-->
@ILikePie5
Let me ask you this: name one person who you want to full claim right now. Cause Me, WF, RM, and Earth cannot be all scum.
Let's do something else to help me better understand your perspective. 

Are you willing to lynch Oro this DP?

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@FourTrouble
Btw do you have a hatred towards pinging people ?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@coal
Let's do something else to help me better understand your perspective. 

Are you willing to lynch Oro this DP?
As of now no. I lean town on him.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@FourTrouble
I don't want claims from anyone. Just a lynch on scum.
So you just want to blindly lynch a person without even knowing their role and character claim?
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Lack of pinging tests whether you actually read. Helpful info in the context of mafia.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@coal
This is my issue with Oro:  the circumstances around his willingness to "trade" characters with me suggests an informed perspective.  
Misinformed, in fact.  As the only guy who read the rules, my understanding was that character claims were unconnected to ROLE, per Supa's rules.  Therefore, characters are essentially ornamental and the principle of conserving claims unwarrented.  Once Supa clarified that justifications were in play, the principle conserving character claims likewise kicked in.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Post 166. That's correct.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
I don't mind a mass claim just to get it over with. It's super annoying having to deal with this distraction throughout the game.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
@oromagi
Only a fool doesn’t double check their flanks are secured. We all know it’s not affiliation indicative. The goal is to lock him into his role. Plus it only takes like 5 seconds to do
Please can you elaborate on this '5 seconds to do' concept? Is there a way to rush it that doesn't slam us into N1?
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Pie, work with me. Let me help open your eyes.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@FourTrouble
Post 166. That's correct.
I highly highly disagree with you, and I’d be surprised if others didn’t as well.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@FourTrouble
NO no mass claim NONONONONONO very bad, trust me it favours scum 100%. 

This is not a bastard setup, PRs will be brutal reveals for town, at best we force one CC and at best we get one down, now that other scum (and third party) or maybe 2 other scum (2 scum and a third party on top would be unbalanced for town's fairness in my opinion) it is not a good thing to force massclaim now, no way, wait until day 2 100%
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
supadudz said this is not bastard, massclaim is only optimal in bastard type setups in my honest opinion 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
Please can you elaborate on this '5 seconds to do' concept? Is there a way to rush it that doesn't slam us into N1?
It’s pretty obvious. Me and Oro are already on him. You, Coal, FT, and one another person just places their vote. If someone hammers then they’re scummy as fuck. It’s easy.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Either everyone claims or we minimise the claims, that is my ethos, I don't see this as a good scenario to force the mass
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
That doesn't tell us anything... he has to force NL with his extra vote, don't you get it?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@FourTrouble
I don't mind a mass claim just to get it over with. It's super annoying having to deal with this distraction throughout the game.
Absolutely not.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
The people who disagree with me are people who aren't very good or experienced at mafia.

Playing on many different sites is helpful for realizing that you can win 100% of games by focusing on behavioral evidence, and that all the rest is a distraction that scum routinely manipulate to mislynch.