Fairy Tail Mafia DP1

Author: Vader

Read-only
Total: 555
RationalMadman
Debates: 569
RationalMadman
You going to apply this logic anytime someone scum slips for the rest of the game?
Where has Earth scumslipped?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
While I respect that what you are doing right now is scumhunting (directed at me), it's also towntelling (on your part).

You think I need to pick, I pay attention to, and end up doing, both at once. You do too, not necessarily the attention part.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
By the way the team could actually be Coal and Whiteflame, I know earlier I said they didn't behave like experienced partners do because of total lack of interaction but what if that's planned out? What if Coal talking whiteflame into lynching me was a staged thing so one would take the flack and the other seem squeaky clean? If we run process of elimination and incorporate my reads, Coal and Whiteflame are no longer ruled out as a team despite having extremely minimal interaction (which is what noob scum do, not experienced scum so I townread one of them by default). I think that could be the case but out of the two, Coal is scummier regardless.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
Where has Earth scumslipped?
Claiming miller after getting guiltied. You yourself admitted claiming miller was SOP. Your just giving him a pass for it for some reason. 

While I respect that what you are doing right now is scumhunting (directed at me), it's also towntelling (on your part).
I am not directing my scum hunting towards you, again I think you are town. Mostly responding to you on a basis that your the only person online right now. I am pretty comfortable with where my vote is. I'll probably be asleep when the others get on, but at least they can see my stance on a few different players from reading our interactions.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
If it's 3:7 then I'm even more open to WF and Coal being 2 of the three.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
isn't your lover a third party role then?

No, Supa explicitely tells me I "win with the TOWN."

If it helps: my justification is that, due to my charm, I'm loved by all in my guild and I'm frequently on the cover of Sorcerer Weekly gaining me global adoration.

For the record, I've never seen Fairy Tail. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
Why did you out your character and role so instantly? I am just curious of the reason. For all you know Supadudz gave the same power to someone else and your 'proving' goes very wrong. This was listed as a bastard setup, Supadudz only said the theme isn't bastard, not that the roles aren't.

If I can be confirmed, it's worth doing so instantly or people will be asking why I didn't so later on. Being confirmed is pro-town, period
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
2. No roles will be given justifications relating to characters 

This is 100% untrue for my role and character, anyone else?
Yes. I have a rather lengthy justification. Supa screwed up
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
It also forces protective role(s) to be on MC tonight when really he's useless to town other than as a leader and no offence but he's not the most expert player to lead out of this cast, not saying that I am.

We gain barely anything from proving his role correct, which I would bet will happen as it would be a foolish out to bluff with. 

Soooooo... you think I'm not worth confirming because you believe me? Great. But in late game, this gives SCUM the opportunity to say they don't believe me because I was never confirmed. Not to mention that other people might not be so convinced. I'm worth confirming.

I don't need to be protected either. My role isn't extremely useful. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@FourTrouble

Your eye is untrained. Please trust.

Explain yourself. To my "untrained eye" it just looks like you're throwing accusations in hopes for a lynch. You need to go in more depth. Keeping a FOS on you
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@FourTrouble
Look, proving someone's role doesn't tell us anything about alignments. It's a complete waste of time. A benefit for the scum.

huh???? Not at all a benefit for SCUM. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@MisterChris
If I can be confirmed, it's worth doing so instantly or people will be asking why I didn't so later on. Being confirmed is pro-town, period
Do you lose popular townie in a 2 v 1 situation, or does the game game end MYLO if you aren;t killed by scum? Worth asking, I've seen some mods do the role differently. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@MisterChris
Look, proving someone's role doesn't tell us anything about alignments. It's a complete waste of time. A benefit for the scum.

huh???? Not at all a benefit for SCUM. 

I actually agree with FT here, confirming you doesn't really earn you town points, mods frequently make this role mafia sided. Behavior =/= role always. 
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@MisterChris
Explain yourself. To my "untrained eye" it just looks like you're throwing accusations in hopes for a lynch. You need to go in more depth. Keeping a FOS on you

Explain in detail your thought process behind this post.
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Lunatic
Lunatic's post 343 is good.  He is town.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
I'm caught up, and I still feel that the lynch on Earth makes the most sense. The only bit of doubt I have in that regard is that his claim came in his second post (his first post was a placeholder), but the fact that it came after FT says he day copped him means that he either really messed this up as town or he's scum. Like I said earlier, I also find it odd that his character choice (at least so far) is the only one who is not and has never been a member of the Fairy Tail guild. Based on my own character and the 3 others claimed, I'm currently inclined to believe that all town characters are Fairy Tail guild members, which lends some credence to RM's claim, but undercuts Earth's. I'm not sure how much to take from the hint with regards to the OP in Supa's first post, so I'll set aside my interpretations of that for now.

Much as I still have my grievances with RM's claim, I am still currently unwilling to lynch a non-CC'd cop and his behavior seems town to me. Luna's analysis is good, but I've seen him do this as town and as scum, so I'm neutral on him. Still unsure about Coal, but everything there is speculation. I would be interested in fielding more claims, but that's only because I'm focused on theme analysis and I'd like to verify what I think is going on. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@FourTrouble
MC, why'd you claim your role so early?

Confirmation = Better POE prospects for TOWN. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@FourTrouble
I recommend Pie's partners bus. There's no saving him now.

I... wha? What's your justification here? You have no evidence. 

Let's lynch whiteflame. Disappeared instead of voting Pie. 

And now you shift your attention to those who don't buy baseless accusations off the bat? 

VTL FourTrouble. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
I counterclaim fourtrouble 100%

This seals the deal. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@whiteflame
Regarding FT, the fact that he’s claiming Erza means he’s most likely town. In this series, she’s one of the main 4 characters. She’d be a very risky fake claim to give this early. She’s almost definitely not the day cop (...seriously RM? I wasn’t buying that before the character claim), though I can think of a few fitting roles for her.

FT needs to tell us his genuine role if he was faking. But RM is right: there is NO way we have 2 COPs. And either way FT's approach here smells of trickery. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
I'm not faking. This is annoying.

Then it's settled. FT lynch.
FourTrouble
Debates: 8
FourTrouble
MC, calling my reads "baseless" or "accusations" doesn't make then so. 

Expressing reads (however strong), being transparent about how you view the game, and changing reads as more info comes in -- none of this is scummy. 

Playing different from what you're used to -- also not scummy.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@FourTrouble
You're asking the wrong questions, whiteflame. 

The character says that I'm a fierce swordswomen, an S class wizard, and that I have "different abilities" due to "different armors and swords" that I can "equip," and fact that my character has multiple sides, at times "tough" and at others "soft."

I guess I should clarify that I have multiple abilities, each 1-shot. I'm not solely a "day cop." 

OK... so you're JOAT?
FourTrouble
Debates: 8
FourTrouble
MC, do you think Earth is town or scum?
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Lunatic
I kind of stopped reading RM's posts after he counter claimed FT, that was pretty downie. His contribution prior to that wasn't that helpful either, though I did town read him for his noobish counter claim of FT. 

It seems like I am parroting FT here, and admittedly I am

What did you expect him to do? Claim COP several DPs later and be lynched? Go along with a lynch over a result he knew likely to be bullshit? You're not making logical sense here.

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@MisterChris
What did you expect him to do? Claim COP several DPs later and be lynched? Go along with a lynch over a result he knew likely to be bullshit? You're not making logical sense here.
Don't make me explain it to you. So far you, whiteflame and RM are all in the R/whoosh category. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Lunatic
Do you lose popular townie in a 2 v 1 situation, or does the game game end MYLO if you aren;t killed by scum? Worth asking, I've seen some mods do the role differently. 

Good question, let me ask Supa. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Lunatic
Don't make me explain it to you. So far you, whiteflame and RM are all in the R/whoosh category. 

I get that you're saying it was a gambit. But it was a gambit to get Earth lynched with a fake result, and I'm not seeing the utility in RM shutting up about it. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
Not sure what I missed. I'm on the same lynch wagon as you, and I found that RM's choice to claim cop to CC FT was similarly problematic.

MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Lunatic
I actually agree with FT here, confirming you doesn't really earn you town points, mods frequently make this role mafia sided. Behavior =/= role always. 

I know it doesn't constitute total confirmation, and that is not what I'm saying. I'm saying any extra confirmation is pro TOWN in utility.