Can Creationists Please Explain....

Author: Mandrakel

Total: 19
Mandrakel
Debates: 0
Mandrakel
.....on which day did God create fossils?
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
Creationism =/= YEC necessarily. 
Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@MisterChris
Creationism =/= YEC necessarily. 
Okay, I have encountered this sort of code before.
Can you please translate for this idiot?

MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Mandrakel
YEC = Young Earth Creationism.
OEC= Old Earth Creationism

There are many Christians who believe in the old Earth and do not take such accounts (7 Day Creation and the Flood) literally, but they are still "Creationists" in the sense that they believe God created
Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@MisterChris
There are many Christians who believe in the old Earth and do not take such accounts (7 Day Creation and the Flood) literally, but they are still "Creationists" in the sense that they believe God created
I may sound cynical however I suspect that Christians who still believe in creation and not the Flood or Seven Days do so because they have been caught out by what we have found out factually in recent times.
The more facts we establish, the more these people will be forced into the corner each time they shed their errant beliefs. 
In any case it is pretty well game, set and match so far as evolution goes which pretty well puts the kibosh on anything to do with creation.

MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Mandrakel
may sound cynical however I suspect that Christians who still believe in creation and not the Flood or Seven Days do so because they have been caught out by what we have found out factually in recent times.
The more facts we establish, the more these people will be forced into the corner each time they shed their errant beliefs. 
In any case it is pretty well game, set and match so far as evolution goes which pretty well puts the kibosh on anything to do with creation.

• existing theories always change in light of new information, and that goes for the religious as well as the naturalistic. For one of many examples, in recent history, the majority of athiests believed in the Steady State Theory to avoid the reality that the universe must have had a beginning. Most athiests have had to alter their beliefs in light of a plethora of evidence that suggests otherwise. 
  • On that note, there is a good argument that science doesn't challenge theism so much as bring positive evidence for theism (I can get into this evidence but I believe you've heard the arguments). Even if you don't believe that positive evidence, this undercuts your theory that OEC is simply based on a "god of the gaps". 
  • most scientific study throughout history was conducted by, yes, Christians. There are always those who stick stubbornly to tradition in every era, but this is not exclusive to Christianity nor is it representative of some sort of fundamental conflict between scientific progress and religion. 
  • there are more than a few Christians who took the Genesis account non-literally before Old Earth Theory even arose. 

Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@MisterChris
  • existing theories always change in light of new information, and that goes for the religious as well as the naturalistic. For one of many examples, in recent history, the majority of athiests believed in the Steady State Theory to avoid the reality that the universe must have had a beginning. Most athiests have had to alter their beliefs in light of a plethora of evidence that suggests otherwise. 
  • On that note, there is a good argument that science doesn't challenge theism so much as bring positive evidence for theism (I can get into this evidence but I believe you've heard the arguments). Even if you don't believe that positive evidence, this undercuts your theory that OEC is simply based on a "god of the gaps". 
  • most scientific study throughout history was conducted by, yes, Christians. There are always those who stick stubbornly to tradition in every era, but this is not exclusive to Christianity nor is it representative of some sort of fundamental conflict between scientific progress and religion. 
  • there are more than a few Christians who took the Genesis account non-literally before Old Earth Theory even arose. 
We are not talking generally here but specifically about the fact that the Bible and Christians believed that God created life in seven days and that the world flooded, and while we are at it, the universe is 6000 years old. It was scientists (and not theists) who have confirmed otherwise and thus turned the Bible into what it is now universally known as...a book of myths and completely wrong information and not the word of God. These are fundamentally glaring errors on behalf of Christians and have completely put an end to any authenticity or truth whatsoever about their contrived beliefs.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mandrakel
 on which day did God create fossils?

How many times are you going to ask this same questions. Do you really expect different answers?

Author:Willows,2 years ago
Added09.01.18 03:38PM

"On what day did God create fossils?"

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Mandrakel
That's like asking when did God create graves. He didn't, we did. The handling of our dead, of any animal's dead is up to us and them. It is as I've told you in another of your threads: Creation continues to this day by [at least] the means of evolution. So, in a sense, each dead thing once living evolves to a fossil, depending on its original chemical make-up. Fossil fuels are the dead/decaying result of softer tissue than bone: the goo we call raw petroleum - the original renewable earth-bound energy source.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mandrakel
Creation then evolution....Works fine for me.....No God required.....GOD principle maybe.

Creation - Evolution - Decay - Recreation - Evolution - Decay etc etc.....No problem.

Primary initiative (Something from Nothing) is problematic though.

BIG BOOM from nowhere....God from nowhere...Same problem.

Perhaps trees know the answer?
Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@fauxlaw
That's like asking when did God create graves. He didn't, we did. 
Maybe I could construct threads that are one dimensional, unambiguous, uncontentious, non-confronting......something like this........."Renowned scientists have unearthed fossil specimens that date back millions of years yet according to Christians the earth was created 6000 years ago. What is the reason for the discrepancy?"
.....But that isn't going to happen. 

It doesn't matter how I word a thread and I am constantly aware that the slightest criticism of religion will be met with disproportional vitriol and personal attacks. I can't help that since it is the nature of those who are ridden with guilt through believing and disseminating gross lies. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@MisterChris
There are many Christians who believe in the old Earth and do not take such accounts (7 Day Creation and the Flood) literally, 
Excellent first step. That is exactly how you extract the lessons from aesop's fables instead of dwelling on the fact that lions and mice don't talk.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Mandrakel
"Renowned scientists have unearthed fossil specimens that date back millions of years yet according to Christians the earth was created 6000 years ago. What is the reason for the discrepancy?"
There you go again, painting with a wide brush that ALL CHRISTIANS.... and add your subject. ALL CHRISTIANS do not believe that Earth was created in 6 days, 6,000 years ago, and you should not assume we do. SOME Christians believe that, but do not include by your indiscriminate brush that all of us do. As I have said numerous times, I don't buy the 6-day creation routine in days of 24 hours. Again, there were no days and nights until the third day, and the Christians who do believe in the 6-day, 6,000 years routine cannot explain that. That's their problem, and it is usually chalked up to a magic God act. Sorry, I don't buy it.

The creation may have, and probably did, take millions of years, or more to accomplish. So what, I say. Time is of no consequence to God, anyway. He's thinking and acting in eternal perspective, wherein there is no time. I personally think time is a myth, anyway, something made by man to explain his penchant for having schedules. That we can read the entire creation story in a half-hour does not mean that's all it took yo accomplish it. Not to mention that, by the Bible, there are interrupts in the chronology of Adam's posterity such that the 6,000 year routine is an interrupt, itself. I say, so what? If it took six billion years... so what? Why are we so hung up on time, as if God is married to a clock? Nope, I think he is married to his Wife, our Mother, and that we are literally their children. And what do children grow up to be...? How typically Christian is that theory? I am not the typical Christian, and I resent being painted as such.
Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@fauxlaw
ALL CHRISTIANS.
You are making things up just for the sake of it.
See what delusion does?

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Mandrakel
Making things up
I am not the one putting eggs in one basket. One basket is an illusion.
Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@zedvictor4
Perhaps trees know the answer?
They probably do you know.
I do a lot of woodworking and you get to have a great affinity towards trees and wood and man, they can tell you an awful lot about what's going on and what has gone on in nature. Gee, I think I just had a spiritual thought.
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@Mandrakel
fossils are a result of the flood
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ronjs
Fossils are the result of the flood.

You might as well just say that Goddo made fossils for a laugh.

Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@Mandrakel
Obviously God did not create fossils.  They are the products of already living creatures dying.