Does God Really Care?

Author: Mandrakel

Total: 18
Mandrakel
Debates: 0
Mandrakel
Every year approximately nine million children under the age of five-years-old die.

That's about 1000 per hour and most of those children's parents will be praying right now for God to spare their lives.

Surely a God who can either do nothing to help these children or just doesn't care is either impotent or just plain, outright evil.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mandrakel
Does God Really Care?

Only for his chosen and only at times.

I have to say that  your questions recently are very really old tired and very childish questions . Do you really intend on having a discussion of god caring when some of your other statemen's and threads all point you already knowing the answer to this particular question.

LOOK>>Mandrakel wrote  " Every year approximately nine million children under the age of five-years-old die.That's about 1000 per hour and most of those children's parents will be praying right now for God to spare their lives ".

So what do you think the answer is to your own question  -"does god really care"?
Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@Stephen
I have to say that  your questions recently are very really old tired and very childish questions .
Old, tired and very childish are they?
In view of the fact that the OP is about 1000 children dying every hour is this some sort of sick joke playing on the word "children"?
So, you tire of hearing about innocent children dying every day and think it childish that someone raises the issue do you?

I think anyone with any moral sense of caring or compassion would be disgusted at such an offensively revolting and callous post.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mandrakel
I have to say that  your questions recently are very really old tired and very childish questions .
Old, tired and very childish are they?

Yes.  You know the answer to this tired old question as important as it is.  And you know what type of apologist answer you are likely to get.

In view of the fact that the OP is about 1000 children dying every hour is this some sort of sick joke playing on the word "children"?

No. Your OP is all to do with if  "god really cares" and not just exclusively about children. It is a question completely on par with  "why do we have to die"?  Or  "will I see my mummy and daddy again"?

So, you tire of hearing about innocent children dying every day and think it childish that someone raises the issue do you?

That is not what I have said , is it. Stop attempting to put words into my mouth. I have enough of that shite from Christian apologists. 

I think anyone with any moral sense of caring or compassion would be disgusted at such an offensively revolting and callous post.

I expect that you do and you are quite welcome to your opinion of my post; But tell me , how many times do you believe that you will need to ask  the " does god really care"  question before you receive a completely new and original answer to the  standard "mysterious ways" reply or the introduction of the supernatural to answer your tired old question?

And you appear to have dodged this too.#19  didn't take long to get you on the back foot did it?  

Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@Stephen
And you appear to have dodged this too.#19  didn't take long to get you on the back foot did it?  
I didn't even notice it quite frankly but my answer is similar to the one you posed here. I am not an educationalist but I am damned sure that I wouldn't allow religion to be taught in schools, whether it be Christianity, Islam or otherwise. France has taken a stand on (no) religious instruction or even the wearing of religious apparel in schools and it would be interesting to see what has been done. I shall do some research.

I don't have an answer to this topic since I am an atheist and believe there is no God therefore I wouldn't know why God allegedly does or doesn't do, according to theists who this post is aimed at.
Am I deliberately posing a leading, rhetorical question? Yes I am. Do I expect theists to reply earnestly? No I don't but I'm sure it gives them something to think about.

janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Mandrakel
Do you care? Are you doing anything about it?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mandrakel
I don't have an answer to this topic since I am an atheist and believe there is no God therefore I wouldn't know why God allegedly does or doesn't do,

Then you are asking a pointless question because - no god- means that anyone or anything but a god is responsible for the fate of these poor children.? Yet here you are asking the age old question that one can only expect a child to ask.

Do I expect theists to reply earnestly? No I don't but I'm sure it gives them something to think about.

Don't be silly. Christians have had millennia of practice in inventing excuses  and sweeping away such childish questions with -  take it or leave it answers. Give them something a little more difficult and they run a mile.  For instance, they can never square the circle when it comes to the unreliable and ambiguous mess that make up the scriptures.

One of the best excuses for this nonsense about men being born of virgins and laying dead and rotting  for days and coming back to life that I have heard was from Christian author Tertullian and his claim of  "a diabolical mimicry". I give him 10/10 for imagination.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mandrakel
Every year approximately nine million children under the age of five-years-old die.

That's about 1000 per hour and most of those children's parents will be praying right now for God to spare their lives.

Surely a God who can either do nothing to help these children or just doesn't care is either impotent or just plain, outright evil.

FFS  you really are a cretin aren't you?

You have asked this question before  too . Do you take me for a complete twat!?

Added09.01.18 09:14AM
Author:Willows,2 years ago

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Mandrakel
First, you must let go of the idea that death is a permanent condition. It isn't.

Second, that God is the cause of the suffering we face, even if just by his ignorance. The truth is, God is not the total cause of anything. As noted already, creation happens even by continuation of evolution, including evolving into beings than when merely mortal. We are more responsible, ourselves, for human suffering than God is, or ever was.

Third, We are allowed to be agents unto ourselves, we are not the puppets of anyone. Having our own agency, we are the primary cause of virtually all our ills. Case in point. We can change building codes to resist the power of wind and rain to destroy, of earthquakes to destroy, but we have a hard time controlling ourselves. We could build an aqueduct from the confluence of the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers to the southwest. Why don 't we? Is that God's fault? We could easily desalinate ocean water for drinking. Is it God's fault we do not? We could actually use most of the food we harvest instead of throwing it away because we have poor distribution methods. Is that God's fault? There's quite a lot of misery-causing things we do that we could solve tomorrow if we could spend the money doing so instead of feeding and  housing and educating the poor at the other end of the scale. We could innovate artificial organs for transplant instead of a black market. We could properly irrigate, cultivate, plant, grow and distribute food sufficient to feed the world, and then some. Why don't we, and is that God's fault? Stop blaming God until we have done all that we can do. We're barely scratching the surface because we turn our free agency in to greed.
Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@janesix
Do you care? Are you doing anything about it?
Yes I do and yes I am however the topic is about whether or not God cares or whether God does anything about it. Of course it is a leading and rhetorical question since there is no such thing as God. If there were an all-loving passionate God as religious people claim, such a God would not allow such wholesale waste of innocent lives happen. 

What is sad is that theists invent all sorts of excuses and contrived reasons as to why their imaginary friend apparently does nothing. But that is all part of the condition commonly known as delusion.
Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@Stephen
Tertullian and his claim of  "a diabolical mimicry". I give him 10/10 for imagination.
Excellent reference.

Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@Stephen
FFS  you really are a cretin aren't you?

You have asked this question before  too . Do you take me for a complete twat!?

No, I'm not certain and so what if it has been raised before but there's no need to get your Calvin Kleins in a twist.
Mandrakel
Mandrakel
-->
@fauxlaw
Stop blaming God until we have done all that we can do. We're barely scratching the surface because we turn our free agency in to greed.
Excellent post and I sincerely hope you're right here.
I am optimistic enough to believe that the wealth that is accumulated by the few will continue to trickle into those areas responsible for eliminating poverty. People like Gates and Buffet are putting billions into these areas although my criticism is that, unlike government or world agencies, they are cherry-picking (lovely term) which charities to fund. Which brings us back to the dangers of those with money and power making the decisions.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Mandrakel
I do a bit of "cherry-picking" myself, such as researching charities to determine which actually funnel the great majority of the monies they collect to do the work they claim to be dedicated to accomplish, but, instead, absorb it as personal enrichment. "Charity" itself, becomes a temptation to be greedy, and they which practice the latter are not worthy of the former. That is why, to some extent, I personally aid a chosen neighbor directly, and that with more than money, but my time and talent in labor.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mandrakel
If some god(s) exist and if they do care then it is remarkably similar from my perspective that either there are no god(s) or that no god(s) care.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@fauxlaw
First, you must let go of the idea that death is a permanent condition. It isn't.
Bald assertion. If this is your first premise you must demonstrate it BEFORE the rest of your argument can be considered. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
Bald assertion. 
Don't we "die" in principle every night, losing consciousness to sleep? And don't we usually wake up the next morning? Death and resurrection. Our sleeping and re-awakening are a type.

I'll continue later...
Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@Mandrakel
Maybe he is on holiday.