Fairy Tail Mafia Endgame

Author: Vader

Total: 50
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
TOWN WINS

FourTrouble - You are Erza Scarlet. The fierce swordswomen from Fairy Tail, you are an S class wizard who has the ability to equip different armors and swords to give yourself an advantage at battle. You are a tough and fierce character, but also show your soft and kind side countless times. Because of your ability to equip different armors to give different abilities, you are a Maker. Each night you may make the Ataraxia Armor, Clear Heart clothing, or the Celestial Armor. You may give this armor to someone in the same night phase. You win with the town
Clear Heart (1x Vigilante) Ataraxia (1x Cop), Celestial (1x BP)

iLikePie5 - You are Lucy Heartfilia. Loving and caring, you are the Celestial wizard from Fairy Tail who has collected 14 celestial spirit keys. You use these keys in battle, and later on, are able to use the powers of the keys onto yourself. You are a soft and caring person, but have big dreams to become a great wizard and publish the book you are working on. You go on lots of adventures with your “friend” Natsu, who invited you into Fairy Tail and helped you accomplish your dreams. Because of your big dreams that you wish to accomplish, you are the 1x Dreamer. If you are not visited at night, you can dream of 3 people one time. One of those 3 is scum. You win with the town.

Whiteflame - You are Grey Fillbuster. Laid back and relax, you are a wizard that can use Ice Make Magic, where you have the ability to create anything you want. This gives you a huge advantage in battle when you fight a villain as you can physically recreate almost anything. You used to be wild and reckless, but after the death of your master, you became more cautious yet relaxed. This causes you to look out and care for your “family” at Fairy Tail, as shown in a couple of episodes where you are genuinely concerned for the others safety. Because of your desire to keep an eye out for your friends to make sure they are OK due to your past, you are a Watcher. Each night you may visit someone. You can see who visited that person in the night. You win with the town

Coal - You are Cana Alberona. Outgoing and 99% of the time drunk, you are a wizard who can use your cards to make something into a reality. You have a crazy high tolerance for alcohol and you are extremely loyal yet carefree. However, it is revealed that your motivations are to find your father, who is said to be in Fairy Tail and you want to prove your worth by becoming an S-Class wizard. Because of your love for alcohol, you are the Drunk. Each night you select someone to “drive you home.” That person's action will be blocked for the night. You win with the town.

Lunatic - You are Juvia Lockser. You can use Rain Magic, a magic where you can make it rain and also control the water by blending into it. You are a quiet and shy person, but soon become madly in love with Grey. You care a lot for Grey and do so many things for him when he seems to do nothing returns. You are so loyal, that instead of giving yourself blood when in a battle with your magic, you gave some of yours to Grey to heal. Because of your undying loyalty to Grey, you are the Protector. If Grey were to die in the night, you would kill the person who killed Grey and then you save Grey, but ultimately killing yourself at night. You win with the town.

Earth - You are Jellal Hernandez. You have a plethora of different magic abilities that make you a strong wizard. Childhood “friend” of Erza, you were corrupted by Zeref and were evil for some point until Wendy healed you, where it was revealed you lost concisus and didn’t remember anything that happened. You soon figure out what happened and wish to atone for the sins you committed since your reputation is ruined. Because Erza and the others know of your innocence but the rest of the magic world does not, you are the Miller. You appear guilty on cop investigations. You win with the town.

MisterChris - You are Mirajane Strauss. An S-ranked wizard in Fairy Tail that summons Demon Spirits, your magic ability starkly contrasts your real life personality. Soft and fragile, you are one of Fairy Tail’s strongest members, but are also frequently the cover girl on Sorcerer Weekly due to the charm you present. Everyone in the guild loves you and the personality you bring and you are loved globally due to the Sorcerer Weekly magazines. Because of your popularity and how everyone loves you, you are Loved. It takes one extra vote to lynch you. You win with the town.

RationalMadman - You are Doranbalt. A magic council member that has the ability to manipulate memories, you were assigned on a mission to investigate the inner workings of the Magic Guild and erased your own memories of Fairy Tail in order to do so. Because you investigated the magic council successfully, you are the Cop. Each night you may choose someone to investigate. They appear either innocent or guilty. You win with the town.
------------------
Oromagi - You are Natsu Dragneel. You are a Dragonslayer that can eat fire and uses fire for it’s magic. You are a loud and crazy character that always looks to have with someone due to your fiery attitude. You can also consume other elements besides your own, and while other Dragon Slayers can do the same thing, you do it more than others in the series. Because of your use of different elements for attacks, you are JOAT 1x Role Cop, 1x Framer, 1x Lookout. You win with the mafia.

Speedrace - You are Zeref Dragneel. Brother to Natsu, you were once a peaceful person who wished to leave in peace. However, you committed violent sins in the past and wished to live in isolation to atone for the sins you committed where you realized that death is inescapable and wish destruction to the world with end until you reform, only wishing to make peace with Natsu. Because of your wish to be unseen and be peaceful despite, you are a Ninja. Each night you may kill someone. It will not appear on any tracking or watching results. You win with the mafia
=====================
Speed and oromagi failed to submit any night actions at all in the NP. I had no time to wait and simply stated if no one submits an action. Oromagi also resigned from the game

The theme was Dragneels vs Rest. I gave fake claims to both sides

Town MVP: Pie
Pie had really good logic going in this game and was right about a lot of his read

LVP: Speed
Speed claimed a Hider when oromagi already soft claimed Hider

I think scum dug themselves in a hole with Speed pushing oromagi into it. Speed was typing in the Discord but was never active in the game and then screwed over oromagi by taking his claim given.

Sorry the game ended soon. Would've like to see this game fully complete but oh well

Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
@coal
@ILikePie5
@MisterChris
@FourTrouble
Endgame
Vader
Vader
-->
@Earth
@RationalMadman
@whiteflame
@oromagi
@Speedrace
Endgame
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
While my reads weren't perfect, they sure as hell weren't entirely wrong either.

Me reading Earth and FT both as town in the position I was in is a read and way of handling the situation that is extremely pro-town and I have no shame in how I put pressure on Coal and whiteflame.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
That was insanely town sided

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
On a side bit note, I told y’all FT can’t have a day cop. Bastard got lucky af
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
wait he faked the cop read?!
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Well, that was incredibly frustrating. At least my reads were dead on, but seriously, having both Speed and Oro disappear from the game was ridiculous. What makes this all the more upsetting is that, if Oro has claimed Natsu early, I would have strongly town read him throughout the game. 

And, yeah, pretty weak fake claim, Speed. There are better characters to claim as Hider, even without Oro’s soft claim to challenge yours. If you’d claimed in DP1, you would have been the easy lynch for me. Was surprised you didn’t fake claim Makarov, Laxus or Gajeel, but especially without the latter apparently being in the game (would’ve gotten interesting if Oro claimed Gajeel), I had no reason to buy a Levy claim. We already knew Gray and Juvia (not hard to figure out she was tied to me) here, so the only way Levy would have been here is if it was as part of what is one of the only other canon pairings in the series.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
What were the actions?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
wait he faked the cop read?!
Yup, read his PM
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
FT was extremely anti-town in every way now that I know the daycop was faked.

I'd still hesitate to lynch him because why would scum be that obvious.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
On a side bit note, I told y’all FT can’t have a day cop. Bastard got lucky af
Yeah, I was 90% certain his role claim was fake as fuck, especially after he said he tried to put armor on someone after using the day cop. Role did not make any sense whatsoever. Still, the Erza character claim was too ballsy for me to push a lynch and made me think he was just covering for a different role. He was nearly confirmed town to me despite the ridiculous role claim.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
FT was extremely anti-town in every way now that I know the daycop was faked.

I'd still hesitate to lynch him because why would scum be that obvious.
+1

I knew my FoS wasn’t misguided lol.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@FourTrouble
How does it feel to see I was town?
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
NP1 
FT gave Atarxia to RM
Whiteflame watched RM
Coal blocked whiteflame
Speed Ninja RM
Oro RC Lunatic
RM investigates Lunatic
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
RM investigated Lunatic.
whiteflame
whiteflame
Hey, funnily enough, Coal RBing me ended up being really good because I would have seen FT visiting RM and no one else. Would definitely have pushed for a lynch on him if I had, so well done there, even though it wasn’t the aim.
FourTrouble
Debates: 8
FourTrouble
-->
@ILikePie5
Expected.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
Jellal would always be on the same side as Erza (and Erza on the same side as Doranbolt) in almost all conceivable themes.

This was a huge factor in why I really didn't like the bandwagon on Earth and why I never pushed on FT after I understood the basic idea of Fairy Tail characters.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
I completely forgot to hammer, sorry about that. I meant to before deadline but life happens.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
I've never been wrong about a fake result btw. This game continues the trend.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
I don't enjoy this kind of mafia game, but I know that's the meta here. This felt like a pretty boring game overall, with very little real scumhunting.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@FourTrouble
I've never been wrong about a fake result btw. This game continues the trend.
How’d u figure out he was Miller lol
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
Jellal would always be on the same side as Erza (and Erza on the same side as Doranbolt) in almost all conceivable themes.

This was a huge factor in why I really didn't like the bandwagon on Earth and why I never pushed on FT after I understood the basic idea of fairy tail characters.
I would have had more reason to buy the Jellal claim if there was any reason to believe that couples were a thing in this game - I only became privy to that when Luna claimed. At the time that Earth claimed Jellal, that was unclear, and considering that he is the only character on this list (minus Zeref) who was never in the Fairy Tail guild, I stand by my reading of it as a fake claim at that time. Doranbolt also stood out for different reasons, but I won’t revisit those. Nonetheless, I never scum read you, despite your claims that I was pushing for a lynch on you. I just thought your claim was the second most suspect of the first 4 we got during DP1. Erza was practically as safe a character claim as you could get, so FT was the most town read by me at the end of DP1, and Mirajane just made too much sense for me to dismiss. You were the largely in-CC’d cop (like I said, didn’t buy the day cop claim), so I slightly town read you by the end of DP1.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
You said you were totally 'cool with it' when Coal asked you to help him lynch me.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
Beyond that, saying who would have been on the same side clearly doesn’t make a difference here, since Natsu, the main character of the series and someone who is clearly allied with Fairy Tail, was scum. I didn’t think there would be an easy heroes/villains split to this game, hence my trepidation over claims that seemed borderline, but I did not anticipate that Natsu of all characters would be scum. Seriously missed opportunity for Oro to just claim his character and make up JOAT roles to appear town.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
I said, and clarified later, that I was cool with a lynch on Earth. If his post was about you, then I misinterpreted his post, hence the later clarification, which you appeared to have missed.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
Also, if I was cool with a lynch on you, why did I never vote to lynch you? If this is what you scum read me for, a single post responding to Coal, then yeah, I find that pretty odd when none of my behaviors or subsequent posts suggested I would go forward with it.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
Regardless of my reads, I stand by the concept that forcing a massclaim one by one was optimal for town.

In fact, that would have been the only way to make some theme as sneaky as dragneel's being scum get exposed.

We could arrange night actions with ease to have 70% of the players proving themselves by the next day.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
Dude, I would have loved a mass character claim because I probably knew these characters better than anyone else and I could have gleaned quite a bit from them. Unfortunately, if I had pushed for one in DP1, a) there was a tremendous amount of pushback from other players (particularly coal), b) I probably would have been scum read immediately for doing it, no matter how I justified it, and c) I still wouldn't have figured out the "Dragneels being scum" split in this game. Best case scenario, we would have gotten fake claims from both Oro (it looks like he was gearing up to do this initially with his soft claiming Hider) and Speed, which wouldn't have given us intel on the Dragneel split. Hell, if Oro had done this right and claimed Natsu from the start, even with Speed's faulty claim, then I probably would have lynched FT before Oro because of the bad fake role claim. Oro may have gotten hit eventually, but he would have gotten more cover, not less, from being forced to claim his actual character.

As for arranging night actions, you do realize that straight up telling scum everything that we're going to do ends up giving them opportunities to modify their strategy to counter that, right? I guess it would depend on their roles, but with the ones they had and just knowing who the targets of the Cop and Watcher were, they could have done a lot to fuck us over.