We all must be vaccinated for COVID-19

Author: The_Meliorist

Total: 27
The_Meliorist
Debates: 2
The_Meliorist
I understand that the vast majority, if not all, of this website would agree with the title of this forum. However, in case that there are those who believe that we shouldn't get vaccinated I have made the forum. 

there are two reasons we must all get the vaccine for COVID-19:

1. vaccines, historically, have helped to eradicate diseases. for example, both smallpox and polio have been completely eradicated[1] and diseases like the measles and the mumps have been reduced by over 99 percent and 97 percent respectively.[1]
  2. in 2019, COVID-19 killed more Americans than Stroke, Alzheimer, and Diabetes, (over 400,000)[2] (which is a lot more than the flu, so those who like to refer to COVID-19 as 'just like the flu" are clearly wrong)
[1]
[2]

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
Not all of us are even in the age group to get access to the vaccine this month.

Everyone who had alzheimer's and diabetes and died, probably did die due to Covid especially as that death rate isore spread out tha  just per-year bursts and both are high vulnerability groups for covid-19 causing the patient death.

Is Covid an issue? Of course. Those that are in high-risk categories should all get vaccinated but those that aren't should be free to choose (actually those that are should be free to risk their life in a way).

It's important everyone gets access to the information and opportunity to get vaccinated. Those that opt-out shouldn't be blackmailed to get it, however they will be restricted in terms of international travel and careers (all medical staff should be forced to get the vaccine at the very least).

Unless your populace are used to you being a dictator (like China is to its people), it's best to let them understand it's their consensual decision. This ends up actually helping those with conspriacy theories and doubts build trust and comfort with the idea of getting a vaccine. It's a psychological trick, yes, however the opposite will blackmail those who won't feel the trust anyway while making many who would have eased up to the idea, freak out.

177 days later

TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
@RM

but those that aren't should be free to choose (actually those that are should be free to risk their life in a way).

I'm glad RM advocated against vaccine mandates here.  One of the few times where I agree with him.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@The_Meliorist
Vaccines should not be mandatory, but hospitals shouldn't be forced to treat covid positive people.  Make your own decisions and accept the results of those decisions.
The_Meliorist
The_Meliorist
-->
@TheUnderdog
The way I worded it was really bad, I was not trying to defend mandatory vaccines, but instead that it's better for everyone if we all get vaccinated.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@The_Meliorist
Oh.  My bad.
The_Meliorist
The_Meliorist
-->
@TheUnderdog
It's ok my dude

8 days later

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@The_Meliorist
it's idiotic to get vaccinated for a disease you've already been infected with
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@The_Meliorist
"the vast majority, if not all, of this website would agree with the title of this forum." You would be dead wrong,
The_Meliorist
The_Meliorist
-->
@sadolite
who disagrees? 

like stated above, I had very bad wording for the title, and I would say that it is beneficial that everyone get the vaccine, not that you are forced to.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@The_Meliorist
You say it's beneficial, how is it beneficial? There is 0 scientific evidence to make such a claim. There is more evidence to the contrary. But then again, that all depends on what you want to believe and not believe. I I don't believe anything the govt says. Its track record of lying to the public is to extensive and proved beyond all doubt. I would be a fool to believe anything a proven liar says. Then there are the individuals in the medical field who say things the govt doesn't want to hear and don't fit the govts narrative. The govt tries to destroy their credibility using character assassination.  I tend to believe those people and what they say. They have everything to loose by lying and nothing to gain. The govt has everything to gain and nothing to loose by lying. This is about control, manipulation and erosion of personal freedom. My opinion of course, based on all sources that don't have a extensive proven  track record of  lying to the public. 
FLRW
FLRW

Robert Enyart was an American conservative talk radio host and pastor of Denver Bible Church in Denver, Colorado. He was an anti-abortion advocate and political commentator. Enyart opposed vaccinations and mask mandates for COVID-19. 
  • Born:
     January 10, 1959, Paterson NJ
  • Died:
     September 12, 2021, Denver
  • Cause of Death:
     COVID-19 pandemic

FLRW
FLRW

A conservative talk radio host in Florida who said he wouldn’t get vaccinated has died from COVID-19 — the third on-air personality who voiced skepticism about the jabs to die in August.
Marc Bernier, 65, who had characterized himself as “Mr. Anti-Vax” on his weekday WNDB radio show from Daytona Beach, died after a three-week fight against the virus, station officials announced.
FLRW
FLRW

Dick Farrel, a longtime conservative radio host from West Palm Beach, Florida, who was a vocal opponent of the coronavirus vaccine and vehement critic of Dr. Anthony Fauci, died August 4 of complications from COVID-19, according to WPTV. He was 65.

Do you see God's plan?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
Stay safe.
FLRW
FLRW

NASHVILLE, Tenn (WTVF) Aug. 21, 2021— Conservative talk radio host Phil Valentine has died following a lengthy battle with COVID-19. He was 61 years old.
His death was announced by SuperTalk 99.7 WTN on Saturday afternoon after he had been battling the virus for more than a month.
FLRW
FLRW

Aug. 18, 2021 -Longtime Bible prophecy teacher and radio host Jimmy DeYoung Sr., who questioned whether COVID-19 vaccines are being used as a form of “government control” earlier this year, died Sunday after a weeklong battle with the coronavirus. He was 81.
The_Meliorist
The_Meliorist
-->
@sadolite
can you give be examples and/or sources of this happening? 

the only times I can think of the government lying is about money (and taxes, or maybe voting), not science.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@The_Meliorist
My sources are as worthless as yours. I have to prove nothing. I am not trying to force anything on anyone nor am I trying to curtail anyone's personal freedoms. It is the manipulator and policy wank that must prove their case to me. Threatening me and my livelihood was when they lost all scientific credibility. 
The_Meliorist
The_Meliorist
-->
@sadolite
My sources are as worthless as yours
that could be true, but it would be easier to see your side with them. such as a doctor that agrees with you, and articles or videos of the government attempting a character assassination on them.

I am not trying to force anything on anyone nor am I trying to curtail anyone's personal freedoms.
that is a great intention to have
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@The_Meliorist
OK they "THE GOVT" lied about radiation exposer during nuclear testing, they lied to black people and made them think they were being treated for syphilis,  This includes so called people of science and health professionals, they lie as you said, about all fiscal matters, they lie about stats and statistics, I could go on for hours.

It would take you all of 2 seconds to look up and see what govt lies about. but then again your source is the same as mine, the internet. Which sources are more likely true? Well I have been alive for almost 58 years and I have first hand experience with govt lying to me. I don't need a source to prove it to myself. You will believe what ever fits your desired narrative and reject everything that doesn't support it, its that simple. I understand, I used to do the same thing. Now all I rely on is what I can prove first hand. Everything else is just mis and dis information. I don't listen to it.  I have never met anyone with covid and the hospital in my area has never been overwhelmed by people with covid. I know this from first hand knowledge. I need no source to prove it to myself. 
sadolite
sadolite
Anyone on this site is as good or bad as any source of information anywhere. I would be no more well informed or less informed no matter who told me what to think on this site. Tell me what to think and I will just say OK whatever, I cant prove or disprove anything you say no matter who you are. The future is bright and filled with hope, OK whatever.

sadolite
sadolite
After all who knows the truth more than you, That means everyone. I haven't got a clue what the truth is about anything beyond my front  yard , my bank account and what my paycheck is. No one knows what the truth is anymore and you never will. You simply decide what to believe you are told as truth even though it may be a complete lie. And you cant prove otherwise, no one can.  I know things cost more and earning a living is harder than it was 20 years ago, that is absolute truth for me and I play by the rules.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@sadolite

Watch The X-Files. The Truth Is Out There!
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@FLRW
Yes yes yes, the truth is there. OK I will believe it, you would know the real truth and where it can be found better than I.
The_Meliorist
The_Meliorist
-->
@sadolite
thank you I will look into it
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
#21, #22, #23.