Why "Forum Gaming" and "Gaming?"

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 5
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
When I look at the directory of forum topics, I see two relatively anemic, yet related topics that continue to be kept separate, as noted above. Granted, I know I'm not a gamer, but just looking at the numbers, the two, combined, have less than 1,000 combined topics. Yes, most other topic headings are <1,000, too, but why isn't gaming a single topic, regardless, considering they are narrowly separate topics. After all, we have separate topics for "People" and "Personal." So, why does gaming get to take up space with 2 separate topic headings?

Just a thought.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Mafia generates more traffic than any other subject.  Anything non-mafia that  shares the Mafia queue  gets quickly pushed out of visibility.  The Topic should just be called Mafia since Mafia effectively prevents other forum games from being played.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
Now, see, there's my ignorance of gaming shining through. I've heard of Mafia, of course, and have seen it discussed, but I have no idea in which of the two gaming topics it resides.
coal
Debates: 6
coal
Oro is quite correct.  In an ideal world, Forum Gaming would be the second item in the menu, "stickied" as top threads on Reddit.  It is a location where actual games are played on this website.  

"Gaming" just refers to video games, in general.  Not related to actual playing games on this website. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@coal
@oromagi
But you're both still just talking about general and specific. I still don't see how that should necessarily be separated topics. It's all games. Look at the variety of activity that falls under "sports"