Prison Break (2005) Possible in real life?

Author: Safalcon7

Total: 4
Safalcon7
Debates: 12
Safalcon7
Don't know if there are any fans of the show out there. I'd like to recommend this to anyone who never watched the show- at least the first season for a very unorthodox ride of thrill throughout the program.

If there are any fans out there, how have you enjoyed the show? My take is that the first season was a masterpiece. S2 was good. S3 was fine too and S4 while started on a great note, failed to deliver in the middle. S5 and the mobile movie were utter rubbish. My finishing of the story was S4 ending.

And when I'm asking the question in the topic, I'm actually indicating to the S1 break. Do you think the technical aspects of the show were anyhow relatable and could be reproduced in real life?
RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
The first prison break is possible since he has blueprints and near-eidetic memory combined with extremely high IQ as well as the tattoos on his body to remind him even if his memory failed him.

On top of being a freak genius, somehow Scofield has charisma and high enough EQ to mastermind things socislly. As vile as the character of T-bag is, I actually admire his style of strategy and way of going about the situations. Scofield tried to backstab T-bag at three significant points in the show and only succeeded on the last attemot because T-bag had no way to fight back (sending him back to prison). Despite this T-bag forgives Scofield in the many-years-later final season.

Again, following this trend, I think the way T-bag breaks out of the Panamanian Prison is more realistic and viable than the way Scofield and the other two or three broke out.

T-bag and his strategy both in the first and second outbreak he successfully did is muchore realistic in terms of how a high functioning sociopath would go about breaking out and succeed in doing so when coming across a genius like Scofield.
The final breakout Scofield does in the final season is as unrealistic as it gets.
RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
Actually he backstabbed T-bag four times and succeeded two, both revolved around sending T-bag back to a prison.
Safalcon7
Debates: 12
Safalcon7
-->
@RationalMadman
I think we all agree how resilient T-Bag really is. But we don't get to see his Panamanian break; just heard from Sucre. Still it sounds like a fine plan and realistic as well; just as you said. However, the Fox River break was legendary as in we got to experience through the full course of Scofield's escape. I think the technical aspect of the process was way too unpredictable for anyone to guess at. Still a couple of things,

1. He took 8 people out including himself. Do you think it'd be possible irl too having 8 of em break away maintaining the subtlety during the course? 
2. Do you think he could break out with just his brother without any exterior help (the other 6)?

There were countless occasions where it was shown that luck had nearly bit him in the ass but he got saved by bells. In that case, having no one look out for him would surely fail him in the buds. So, I guess it wouldnt be possible if he did all the work alone.