Author: Benjamin

Read-only
Total: 98
Timid8967
Debates: 0
Timid8967
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Given your inability to engage with humor, there is little point in engaging you with argument. 

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@rosends

Rosends, ungodly rewriter of the Hebrew Bible and other Jewish writings, and runaway from Jewish biblical axioms, calls Yahweh a LIAR,

First thing, I want to thank you for not bringing up your embarrassing position of calling me anti-Semitic again in your  post #30, of which had absolutely nothing to do with your Hebrew Bible ignorance as shown in your runaway posts regarding the earth not having 4 corners. See, you are learning to be logical for a change, good for you! 

YOUR UNGODLY REWRITE OF THE HEBREW BIBLE: “The bible does refer to the "four corners" of the world which some see as a reference to a flat earth. The phrase, though, is metaphorical and refers to the human visualization of the world, not of the world, itself.”
https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/6088-does-the-bible-teach-a-flat-earth?page=1&post_number=5

Barring your ever so wanting and comical post #30, without specific examples to your assumed ungodly position, therefore to briefly bring back your initial special pleading fallacy post shown above, then when you state that the earth being flat is a human visualization relative to the 4 corners inference, then in this particular passage of Isaiah 11:12 in your Hebrew Bible, it was Isaiah as a human writing the Old Testament, and not Yahweh’s inspired words as the Hebrew God which states otherwise?

REGARDING YOUR UNGODLY HEBREW POSITION:

So, to you when the people of the Jewish faith read their Hebrew Scriptures, they need a “Hebrew Bible Pocket Guide” along side them to determine if what they are actually reading literally as the inspired word of Yahweh, is in fact, not always true?  *cough*

Therefore, what “Hebrew Bible Pocket Guide” do you use to have along side you when reading your Jewish writings? Can you give us the name and publisher so we can obtain one as well ASAP to sometimes contradict Yahweh’s direct literal passages? The irony of which, disturbing passages always need to be spin doctored into something more palatable like you have done with your insidious 4 corner scenario post above. Whereas, the pleasing passages never need further interpretation, do they?!  WOW, how convenient is that in Yahweh’ name?

WAIT! I may be in error, instead of a “Hebrew Pocket Guide,” do you use a Crystal Ball instead, or maybe an Ouija Board, or maybe a local Palm Reader to determine in how you are going to contradict Yahweh’s direct as written and literal words?  Please let us know, thanks!

Continued at your laughable expense below >
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@rosends

Rosends, ungodly rewriter of the Hebrew Bible and other Jewish writings, and runaway from Jewish biblical axioms, and calls Yahweh a LIAR,

Continuing your ungodly position from my post # 32, you seem to have forgotten these very important positions of your serial killer Yahweh God, to wit at your expense once againt:

The words of your Yahweh God, and my Jesus as well being Yahweh God incarnate where both are equal, and as recorded in YOUR Hebrew Old Testament, are an infallible guide to humanity as shown in the following passage: “God is not a man, that he should lie. He is not a human, that he should change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through? (Numbers 23:19)   Therefore to the above Hebrew Bible axiom, Yahweh’s Words as written and recorded in your Hebrew Old Testament relative to the earth having 4 corners and flat are infallible, period!

Furthermore, the words of your Yahweh are eternal and unchanging and will last forever relative to Him stating the 4 corners of the earth:  “The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever. (Isaiah 40:8) The simple math states that when Yahweh states there are 4 corners to the earth, and therefore FLAT, it stands for ever, understood?

Every Christian and JEW has to accept that the earth has 4 corners and is obviously therefore FLAT as shown by the author of Revelation (seemingly John the apostle) as representing Yahweh/Jesus’ true words as written: “And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.” (Revelation 7:1)

Continued once again at your Hebrew Bible ignorance >>>>

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@rosends

Rosends, ungodly rewriter of the Hebrew Bible and other Jewish writings, and runaway from Jewish biblical axioms, and calls his Yahweh a LIAR,

Understand this very simple premise, biblical literalists like myself believe that unless a passage is clearly intended by the writer as allegory, poetry, or some other insidious genre, the Bible should be interpreted as literal statements, because for one aspect, allegorical intent can be ambiguous! Therefore the passage in question regarding the earth having 4 corners is not in anyway allegory or poetry, then it is to be LITERAL! 

In closing relative to your outright Hebrew Bible ignorance, it was sorrowful for you to act in a flippant manner when I showed you your Hebrew cosmology and earthly facts that was accepted by your people in the past in the link below, of which you essentially RAN AWAY from. Why did you have to RUN AWAY from this biblical truth in front of Yahweh and the membership?

I am so sorry in that my TRUE Christian position relative to your calling your Yahweh God as contradicting, and therefore a  LIAR as explicitly shown, shows you to be guilty of the following Yahweh/Jesus passage:A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.” (Proverbs 18:2)

Awaiting cogent replies this time, okay? Thanking you in advance.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Timid8967

Timid8967, to scared to create a biography, and now a blatant LIAR, and who RUNS AWAY when shown to be “who he pretends to be” doesn’t work anymore, 

TIMID7867 SORROWFUL QUOTE TO ME IN FRONT OF THE MEMBERSHIP: “Given your inability to engage with humor, there is little point in engaging you with argument.” 
THEREFORE, DEBATEART RELIGION FORUM MODERATORS, WE HAVE A CLEAN UP IN ISLE 666 BECAUSE TIMID8967 THRU IN THE TOWEL OF DEFEAT WITH ME RELATIVE TO HIM BEING SHOWN TO BE THE FOOL RELATIVE TO TRYING TO BE AGAINST CHRISTIANITY WITH HIS HYPOCRISY!

As if myself and other astute religion discussion members of this forum haven’t seen before, poor ol’ Timid8967 couldn’t take logical and rational thinking from me on the topics in question. Therefore, he had to bail out of serious discussion relative to his outright ignorance upon the topics shown in the links below!

What vestige of credibility Timid8967 had left within this forum, is now gone because what he thought he knew, he actually didn’t!  Sad. :(

NEXT?

Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Not only are you unable to engage with humor, it seems you fail with reason as well.  And perhaps understanding simple comprehension too.

Given your perspective on the world as a Christian, this should not surprise me. Your arrogance is breathtaking though, aren't Christians mean to be humble and meek? 

I prefer the fires of Gehenna than the trenches you exist in. 

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Timid8967

Timid8967, to scared to create a biography, and now a blatant LIAR, and who RUNS AWAY when shown to be “who he pretends to be” doesn’t work anymore, and doesn't know when to just STFU to save himself further embarrassment,

YOUR HYPOCRITICAL QUOTE ONCE AGAIN IN POST #36: "Given your perspective on the world as a Christian, this should not surprise me."

Uh, you said I was not a Christian as the link below so states, and now you propose that I am a Christian in your quote above, so once again you are a blatant hypocritical LIAR! What's new? NOTHING! LOL!

"You are so obviously a fake, and not even a funny one, that it does embarrass non-theists like me when I read the stuff that you write." https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/6088-does-the-bible-teach-a-flat-earth?page=1&post_number=24

YOUR QUOTE ONCE AGAIN IN PROVING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF CHRISTIANITY: "I prefer the fires of Gehenna than the trenches you exist in."

Again, you slipped on your Freudian in your acceptance that the fires of Gehenna exists in the Hebrew Bible of the Old Testament! Therefore, you are a Christian like I have proposed ad infinitum!  Whoops!  LOL

Timid8967, you have yet to learn that there are times like you are in at the present, when you are to just accept your hypocritical stance as shown and your ever so wanting embarrassing existence within this prestigious forum as explicitly shown in my post #35, to when you have to just STFU and not create further embarrassment for you, understood? Huh? Maybe? 

Now, shhhhhhhh, quit easily making yourself the outright hypocritical fool in this forum, okay?  Shhhhhhhhh ................

NEXT?

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Timid8967

Timid8967, to scared to create a biography, and now a blatant LIAR, and who RUNS AWAY when shown to be “who he pretends to be” doesn’t work anymore, and doesn't know when to just STFU to save himself further embarrassment,

YOUR BIBLE IGNORANT QUOTE ONCE AGAIN: "aren't Christians mean to be humble and meek? "

Barring your horrific syntax in your sentence above, NO, TRUE Christians like me are not to be humble and meek as Jesus set the following example herewith: When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!” (John 2:13-16)"

Barring the fact that I am not using a "whip of cords" upon you as Jesus did to the ungodly within the temple,  I still act in the way Jesus did in taking no prisoners relative to the hell bound Atheists and the ever so dumbfounded pseudo-christians like you that are unfortunately roaming around this forum in their total ineptness of the JUDEO-Christian Bible.

NEXT?

Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@BrotherDThomas
You excused Stephen from entering details in his bio because he is an atheist.  Why are you not excusing me for the same thing? 

Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@BrotherDThomas
If you think me using the terms "fires of Gehenna" proves anything - it prove I am Jewish.  

I am not Jewish. I am not christian. I am non-religious.  

You on the other hand are a fraud.  You purport to be a christian. Yet your words don't match up with typical christian thought. 

Yet who am I to tell you how to live and to identify as? You identify as a christian, that is true.  yet, identification is not necessarily the measure of all things. 

so if you are a christian - I am pleased to not be one. 

If you are not a christian but an atheist pretending to be a christian, then you embarrass non-theists because yours is a game not a conversation. 

religion is dangerous.  mocking religion and its adherents will pour petrol onto an already hot fire.  perhaps you are more dangerous than the religious people. 

Still, it is a matter for you.  you just are NOT funny.  for anyone.  
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@rosends
 Literally speaking, the text never says that the world has 4 corners.

Just a thought ,Rosi, but wouldn't the believed "four corners" simply be referring to the points of the compass?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Timid8967

Timid8967,wrote:

-->@BrotherDThomas You purport to be a christian. Yet your words don't match up.
Stones and glass house dimtim, remember that saying?

And your words are in complete opposition to what you purport to be be. What a short memory you have?

One minute your telling us that you do not believe in the bible and "Jesus is a Myth",   next you are "wishing" my words would be "more easily  agreeable" #25  with the scriptures that you want to see burned and eradicated from the face of the earth#8
And you (as your new self)  have the brass bollocks to challenge the Brother on how genuine his faith is!?   fkn hypocrite! 

Or has your "new self" decided that bible burning is a stupid idea and that the bible is best openly and freely discussed and ALL opinions, ideas and theories be discussed and
listened to ?

Benjamin
Debates: 95
Benjamin
-->
@Stephen
@rosends
@BrotherDThomas
@Theweakeredge
@Timid8967
SHAPE OF EARTH

Remember that the very physical Bible is but a stack of paper on which a visual representation of words and sentences has been printed. Denying the validity of visual evidence, a necessary result of rejecting the image I provided, would also mean that the physical and digital versions of the Bible aren't valid evidence to figure out what God says. Unless you are denying that we can trust our eyes you must agree that the image provided by me proves that Earth is not flat.

GOD DOESN'T LIE EVEN IF THE BIBLE IS INACCURATE
I will not dispute that the Bible infers a flat and immovable Earth. Everyone in ancient times thought of the Earth as flat, and how verses in the Bible are worded clearly reflect a flat-Earth belief, as explained by this article. But let me instead direct your attention to an official and accurate English definition that is very important. What is a lie?

Lie:  to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive
Make note of the fact that INTENT is the differentiator between a lie and simply an untrue statement. An untrue statement is often used merely because expressing yourself more accurately would distract from the topic and make it harder to understand your message. For example, in the Bible God often refers to himself as the God of Abraham, Isaak and Jakob. In other places in the Bible God states that he is the God of everyone. Does that mean that God is contradicting himself and thus logically speaking lies at least once? NO! It merely shows us that God doesn't waste our time by listing every servant of God just to tell us who he is. The God of the Bible chooses to make statements that if interpreted a certain way seems to be lies, but the definition of a lie clearly shows us that intent is what makes something a lie.

LOGICAL CONCLUSION

P1:  God can make 'untrue-and-imprecise-statements' without being a liar

P2: Biblical verses inferring a flat Earth are imprecise [because earth is proven round by visual evidence]

C: You can believe that the Bible is the word of God and still reject Flat Earth Theory

I hope this clarifies a few things. 

rosends
rosends
-->
@Stephen
The term in Hebrew is "arba kanfot" which literally means "4 wings" (compare with "kanfei nesharim" the wings of eagles), but the k-n-f root also means "utmost parts" or "edges" (as in "kanfei bigdeihem" the edges of their clothing). So the 4 "edges" could refer to the farthest points in 4 cardinal directions, or the for corners of a 2D representation of the 3D globe. The text doesn't use q-r-n or p-a-h which are words that mean similar things (corner and edge) and it is the choice of a word (and the non-choice of other words) which allows the text to be understood to be pointing to one thing or not another. The text, by not using a word that clearly means "corner" is indicating that it is not to be understood simply as "corner".
rosends
rosends
-->
@BrotherDThomas
You ask about a "Hebrew pocket Guide" and that's a great question! We actually have a few (and many pockets I guess). One which is very useful is the Targum Yonatan which states very clearly, 

תרגום ירושלמי, במדבר ט״ו:ל״ח
וְיַעַבְדוּן לְהוֹן צִיצִין עַל צְנָפַת דְגוֹלַתְהוֹן לְדָרֵיהוֹן וְיִתְּנוּן עַל צִיצִין דְגוֹלַתְהוֹן שְׁזִיר דְתִכְלָא:

So when I glibly used the word "corner" in my initial response, I was speaking sloppily and for that, I apologize. I hope that the Hebrew pocket guide which I provided answers your question about the meaning of the specific root that was chosen (as opposed to the q-r-n and p-a-h roots).

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Benjamin
There is no evidence that it teaches a flat earth, i have debated brotherD on this topic before
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@rosends

Rosends, ungodly rewriter of the Hebrew Bible and other Jewish writings, and runaway from Jewish biblical axioms, and calls His Yahweh God a LIAR,

Once again, you sidestep the majority of my biblical  propositions in my posts 33, 34, and 35, what’s new? NOTHING!  Why do you continued to RUN AWAY from YAHWEH’S godly biblical axioms?

YOUR BIBLICAL IGNORANCE ONCE AGAIN IN YOUR POST #30 REGARDING ISAIAH 11:12:  “ Literally speaking, the text never says that the world has 4 corners.”

The passage of Isaiah 11:12 in question is shown within the following HEBREW and Christian writings:

1. JUDEO-CHRISTIAN BIBLE
“He will raise a signal for the nations and will assemble the banished of Israel, and gather the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.” (Isaiah 11:12)

2. HEBREW BIBLE, THE BOOK OF YESHAYAHU, ISAIAH 11:12
And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth. (Hebrew Bible, The Book of Yeshayahu, Isaiah 11:12)

3. HEBREW TANAKH, ISAIAH 11:12
“And He shall raise a banner to the nations, and He shall gather the lost of Israel, and the scattered ones of Judah He shall gather from the four corners of the earth.”
 יבוְנָשָֹ֤א נֵס֙ לַגּוֹיִ֔ם וְאָסַ֖ף נִדְחֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל וּנְפֻצ֚וֹת יְהוּדָה֙ יְקַבֵּ֔ץ מֵֽאַרְבַּ֖ע כַּנְפ֥וֹת הָאָֽרֶץ

Without any more ungodly spin doctoring from your Bible ignorance relative to your Jewish faith, where the explicit words as written and to be understood as what they actually say and represent within the Christian and Hebrew writings in the 3 references numbered above, in turn show without a doubt that the earth has 4 corners and therefore being FLAT, period!   If the 4 corner reference was not to be meant as metaphorical as you comically stated, and was easily corrected by me, then it could have been written as such, but it wasn’t!  Understood?

CONTINUED AT YOUR EMBARRASSING EXPENSE ONCE AGAIN >>>>>>

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@rosends

Rosends, ungodly rewriter of the Hebrew Bible and other Jewish writings, and runaway from Jewish biblical axioms, calls His Yahweh a LIAR,

In continuance and referring to Isaiah 11:12 where this prophet said the earth has 4 corners, therefore having to be FLAT:

You have ran away from this biblical axiom 5 times above in this thread before you “attempted” to make reason of it, which says a lot, and when you did in your feeble post #30 and #44, it went severely wanting, as usual.  This is comically because within your Tanakh it DID NOT translate “corner” into what you said it could  “possibly be,” but left the word “corner” as the term it is to be meant, which is CORNER, a 90 degree position in this case to have the earth FLAT, and of which you are in as in a corner by making unsubstantiated ungodly claims! GET IT? LOL

In your admitted propositions in your feeble posts upon this topic, where you yourself are not sure in what 4 corners is exactly referring too, whereas the earth having 4 corners does not mean clothing, it does not mean wings, it does not mean cardinal directions, and your comical perceived notion, it cannot mean a 2D of a spherical globe which cannot have corners to begin with, HELLO, anybody home today?! LOL!   Therefore in this instance amongst others, your fishing expedition LITERALLY has fallen FLAT, like the earth, upon its face!

Therefore, I suggest that to save yourself any further embarrassment upon this topic alone, where you should remain silent and accept your ignorance upon this topic. If not, I can further your ignorance along if you wish in even a more embarrassing way in front of the membership, understood? YOUR CHOICE!

Using a JUDEO-Christian reference, you are guilty of this passage by “our” Gods herewith: “Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.” (John 8:47).  Do you need further explanation of this godly edict?

Sorry to show your continued Hebrew Tanakh Bible ignorance as  shown to Yahweh and the membership in this post and including my post #47 above, really.  :(

rosends
rosends
-->
@BrotherDThomas
You're embarrassing yourself. I mean, that's a nice shtick, sure, but you must have missed where I pointed out that the root used in the 3 examples you cited is not the root for "corner" but a word that has the sense of "corner" along with other ideas. Did you miss my mention of p-a-h and q-r-n?

If your entire argument is based on the English translations (I note that you ignored the T"Y I quoted) then say so. If your entire position is a rejection of all that is Jewish thought, then just say so. I mean, we know what that would mean, but shhhhhhhh.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Dr.Franklin

Dr.Franklin,

YOUR SOON TO BE A VERY CHALLENGING TIME FOR YOU IN YOUR QUOTE HEREWITH:  "There is no evidence that it teaches a flat earth, i have debated brotherD on this topic before"

I will now include YOU in this discussion in the future, understood?  You therefore DO NOT want to run away from your upcoming discussion upon this topic, because it will show Jesus and the membership that you have RUN AWAY from JESUS' direct words as stated, understood?  Yes you do.

Therefore what do you think about the following links upon this topic, whereas you can take them one at a time in posting back to me, okay? Again, I am looking forward to our discussion upon this topic. You're welcome:

DR.FRANKLIN, DO NOT GIVE ANY LAME CHILD-LIKE EXCUSE TO RUN AWAY, OKAY? YOU WILL NEVER LIVE IT DOWN WITHIN THIS FORUM IF YOU DO, UNDERSTOOD?

YOU CAN BEGIN: 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Ok ill tackle 2 of yours

He will raise a signal for the nations and will assemble the banished of Israel, and gather the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.” (Isaiah 11:12)

“And you, O son of man, thus says the Lord God to the land of Israel: An end! The end has come upon the four corners of the land.” (Ezekiel 7:2)

well it wouldn't make much sense to think that the corners are angles in the corners of the earth.  the two key Hebrew phrases that describe the corners of the earth literally speak about “four wings” (kăn·pôṯʼ) HOWEVER, When the ancient Hebrews wanted to describe an object with literal ninety-degree angled corners, such as the corners of a house, the corner of a street, or the corners of an altar, the common term employed was pinnah

Hebrew Cosmology is different from the Bible. Hebrew Cosmology was based on what people saw and didnt reflect God, plus not all of it was accurate, this website seems to expose a lot of it-https://hebrewcosmology.com/

Benjamin
Debates: 95
Benjamin
-->
@Dr.Franklin
@BrotherDThomas
The wording of the Bible shows us that the writers thought the Earth was flat. But it is neither a doctrine of Christianity nor teaching of the Bible that I need to view the world as David did or any other Biblical person. In fact, the story of the Bible is clearly a story where humans learn more and old views are replaced by new ones, even God reveals himself more and more throughout. Thus, one does not need to believe that the Earth is flat, not even if the Bible tells us that it is flat.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Benjamin
Yeah I would say your correct in many ways, the Bible is not a scientific book as that is not it's purpose, the writers were human with limited knowledge 
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@rosends

DEBATEART RELIGION FORUM MODERATORS, WE HAVE ANOTHER CLEAN UP ON ISLE 666 WHERE THE HEBREW BIBLE IGNORANT "ROSENDS" HAS RUN AWAY ONCE AGAIN FROM HIS HEBREW BIBLE AND IS PROMOTING NON-ABSOLUTE OUTCOMES TO YAHWEH’S DIRECT WORDS OF A 4-CORNERED EARTH!

Rosends, ungodly rewriter of the Hebrew Bible and other Jewish writings, and runaway from Jewish biblical axioms, calls His Yahweh a LIAR,

Regarding my quote to you in my post #48 shown in the link below, you decided for me to continue your outright HEBREW Bible ignorance, so be it at your expense!
https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/6088-does-the-bible-teach-a-flat-earth?page=2&post_number=48

YOUR SNL COMEDY QUOTE TO HIDE IN WHAT YAHWEH DIRECTLY STATED TO HIS JEWISH FOLLOWERS: “You're embarrassing yourself. I mean, that's a nice shtick, sure, but you must have missed where I pointed out that the root used in the 3 examples you cited is not the root for "corner" but a word that has the sense of a "corner" along with other ideas. Did you miss my mention of p-a-h and q-r-n?”

With your Saturday Night Live comedy skit shown above, you proffered the following laughable propositions, ready? Members, get a towel to cry into with laugher before you read the following Rosend quotes:

1. You state that what a Jew reads directly as the normal definition of the word “corner,” as being a 90 degree angle, is not what is really proposed in an insidious Jewish apologetic spin! LOL!

2. You state that the word “corner” in insidious Hebrew apologetics has a "sense of being an actual corner,” but not in an absolute way!  LOL!

3. You state that the word “corner” can have “other ideas” of its meaning, therefore again, not in an absolute way! LOL!

In ALL of your laughable propositions above, there is NOT ONE given in a total absolute conclusion, NONE!  Therefore, you build your ungodly Hebrew faith upon “Maybes,” “What ifs” and “Wishful Thinking,” to name only a few of your farcical Comedy Skits shown in your initial quote above!  Priceless!

CONTINUING ONCE AGAIN YOUR SATANIC DEVIL SPEAK UPON YOUR REWRITES OF THE HEBREW BIBLE >>>>>

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@rosends

Rosends, ungodly rewriter of the Hebrew Bible and other Jewish writings, and runaway from Jewish biblical axioms, calls His Yahweh God a LIAR,

Continuing to easily refute your quest to make your Hebrew Bible ungodly and not an absolute in its outcomes of direct concepts such as “4 corners” therefore signifying the earth is flat ……

Listen, give us some more comedic air and show us that when it is listed in the passages below relating to 4 corners, or corner in general, where you state it does not mean what it literally says of 4 90 degree corners, but you say it means something else, therefore give us that "something else,” IN EACH PASSAGE BELOW, to show variants, okay? The membership wants to see your Hebrew apologetics and hermeneutics spin doctoring at work, and soon to be at your expense! Ready?

BEGIN:

He will raise a signal for the nations and will assemble the banished of Israel, and gather the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.” (Isaiah 11:12)

You whom I took from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest corners, saying to you, “You are my servant, I have chosen you and not cast you off”(Isaiah 41:9)

Under the whole heaven he lets it go, and his lightning to the corners of the earth.” (Job 37:3).

Rosends, Iam including the New Testament mentioning of 4 corners because of the simple fact that my Jesus is your Yahweh God incarnate, therefore they are the same God in the mentioning of 4 corners in the following passages, understood? Do you need further simple explanation upon this simple proposition? Huh?

And saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its four corners upon the earth. (Acts 10:11)

“I was in the city of Joppa praying, and in a trance I saw a vision, something like a great sheet descending, being let down from heaven
by its four corners, and it came down to me.” (Acts 11:5)

And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison and will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea.” (Revelation 20:7-8)

Another flat earth approach, which is one of MANY, is the following passage: “Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.” (Isaiah 24:1). Only a flat earth can be turned upside down to scatter its inhabitants, GET IT ROSENDS, THE HEBREW BIBLE FOOL?  Give your ungodly "what the Bible literally says, is not what the Bible means" apologetic and hermeneutic spin!  

To save yourself further embarrassment within this esteemed forum, I will not show you the points that I made to you in my previous posts that you obviously missed to save what face you have left within this forum, therefore in making you the continued Hebrew Bible fool, okay? You can thank me later. In closing, your wishy-washy non absolute explanation upon the 4 corner bible propositions should be a skit on Saturday Night Live seriously! LOL!

NEXT?

rosends
rosends
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Hey Bro D -- nice to see you. I was worried that with your busy schedule you would not have a chance to review what I wrote and consider it.

I was right!

You wrote
-----------------
"1. You state that what a Jew reads directly as the normal definition of the word “corner,” as being a 90 degree angle, is not what is really proposed in an insidious Jewish apologetic spin! LOL!

2. You state that the word “corner” in insidious Hebrew apologetics has a "sense of being an actual corner,” but not in an absolute way!  LOL!

3. You state that the word “corner” can have “other ideas” of its meaning, therefore again, not in an absolute way! LOL!"
--------------------
Item the first (or "A"): I said that the text doesn't use the word "corner" because it is in Hebrew and the Hebrew word has a variety of meanings. You must have missed that.

Second, or "B":  As words often have both connotations and denotations, and contextual meanings which are variable, there is not always an absolute meaning of a word. For example, you used the word "state". Did you mean "nation state" or "condition" or "express in speech or writing"? Good thing we have context to help determine meaning!

3. In English, the word "corner" has a bunch of meanings. I'll provide just the noun meanings from one source:

noun

1. 1.
    a place or angle where two or more sides or edges meet.
    "Jan sat at one corner of the table"
  2. 2.
    a part, region, or area, especially one regarded as secluded or remote.
    "they descended on the college from all corners of the world"

Glad that I could help you learn a little basic info about languages. If you need more help, ask a grown up to ask me!
rosends
rosends
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Oh look, another set of reruns! I know that you find comfort in the familiar and resist anything new so you like reposting the same mistakes. That's OK. With time and therapy, maybe you will broaden your world a little. Maybe.

Repeatedly quoting your translations of 3 Hebrew verses, not taking into account the actual Hebrew words is not very useful. Could you at least provide the Aramaic? I can if you would like me to. Anyhoo, let me know; I have a little time free and would be willing to school you some more in basic biblical ideas if you would like. :) tata!
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@rosends
@Benjamin

Benjamin,

YOUR SLAPPING YAWHEH/JESUS GOD IN THE FACE QUOTE:  "The wording of the Bible shows us that the writers thought the Earth was flat. But it is neither a doctrine of Christianity nor teaching of the Bible that I need to view the world as David did or any other Biblical person."

First off, a correction for you, it was not the writers of the JUDEO-Christian Bible, but Jesus being Yahweh god incarnate that wrote the inspired words within the  scriptures (1 Thessalonians 2:13).    Furthermore, where do you get the authority to state that when Yahweh/Jesus states in His inspired words that the earth is flat in many passages, and then you state that you do not need to be taught this proposition is blaspheme! The flat earth biblical axioms is recognition of the JUDEO-Christian Bible being truthful!  How dare you slap Yahweh/Jesus in the face in this respect?

Don't be like the ever so dumbfounded of the Hebrew Bible ROSENDS, where when he disagrees with his brutal serial killer Yahweh God on the flat earth passages,  he is essentially calling his Hebrew Yahweh god a LIAR!  Understood?  Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.” (Matthew 4:4) Since the JUDEO-Christian Bible is inspired by Yahweh/Jesus (1 Thessalonians 2:13), then His word is true in the earth being flat!

“Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5)  EVERY word includes the passages of the earth being FLAT, and therefore being flawless, get it?  

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@rosends

Rosends, ungodly rewriter of the Hebrew Bible and other Jewish writings, and runaway from Jewish biblical axioms, calls His Yahweh God a LIAR,

To the main topic, I gave you a very simple proposition to follow in my post #55 shown above and relating to when you stated the following comical scenario: “You're embarrassing yourself. I mean, that's a nice shtick, sure, but you must have missed where I pointed out that the root used in the 3 examples you cited is not the root for "corner" but a word that has the sense of "corner" along with other ideas. Did you miss my mention of p-a-h and q-r-n?”

Therefore in relating to your statement above, you were to enlighten the membership in using insidious Hebrew apologetics and hermeneutics to explain how “corners” when used in the following passages, were not what they actually meant, but as you comically said, "could be a word that has the 'sense' of being a corner along with other ideas that could be used for the word 'corner", understood?  Your priceless gobbledygook thereof should be easy for you to use, is it not? LOL!

Therefore, so as to give you somewhat of having a minuscule of validity within this forum, TRY AGAIN to show what "corners" actually meant in the following EACH PASSAGE to address any variants thereof, okay? The membership thank you in advance. 

BEGIN:

He will raise a signal for the nations and will assemble the banished of Israel, and gather the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.” (Isaiah 11:12)

You whom I took from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest corners, saying to you, “You are my servant, I have chosen you and not cast you off”(Isaiah 41:9)

Under the whole heaven he lets it go, and his lightning to the corners of the earth.” (Job 37:3).

Rosends, Iam including the New Testament mentioning of 4 corners, and corners in general because of the simple fact that my Jesus is your Yahweh God incarnate, therefore they are the same God in the mentioning of corners in the following passages, understood? Do you need further simple explanation upon this simple proposition? Huh?

And saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its four corners upon the earth. (Acts 10:11)

“I was in the city of Joppa praying, and in a trance I saw a vision, something like a great sheet descending, being let down from heaven by its four corners, and it came down to me.” (Acts 11:5)

And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison and will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea.” (Revelation 20:7-8)

Another flat earth approach, which is one of MANY, is the following passage: “Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.” (Isaiah 24:1). Only a flat earth can be turned upside down to scatter its inhabitants, GET IT ROSENDS, THE HEBREW BIBLE FOOL?  Give your ungodly "what the Bible literally says, is not what the Bible means" apologetic and hermeneutic spin!  

ROSENDS, hopefully the above request  will not be like you running away 5 times upon this topic before you had the balls to address it without child like non sequitur responses as shown in this embarrassing link for you: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/6088-does-the-bible-teach-a-flat-earth?page=2&post_number=28

rosends
rosends
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Hey there skippy!

I guess your limited attention span made it impossible for you to read that I answered this set of reruns already, twice. That's really sad. I did see that you wrote this, claiming that I am "using insidious Hebrew apologetics and hermeneutics".

So if you are calling the use of the original Hebrew "insidious" and have a problem with hermeneutics then you have serious problems with understanding text. I'll just add that to the list. This would also explain why you keep avoiding the content of my responses. You must be getting triggered by all the facts and real information I provide.

Seriously, feel better.