Slo Joe's response to missing gasoline: Education

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 22
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
The topic speaks for itself. Just more evidence that Joe's missing competence isn't, because he never had any. Education solves our gas stations running out of fuel? Is that like last generation's education that money cleans clouds? At least the latter could be connected to 14th century indulgences. How education provides gas is hot air in a wish balloon, because we already are fully adept at production and distribution - but we're not so adept, yet, at the production and distribution of green energy. Someday, soon, sure, but, we need gasoline right now, and we used to be energy independent, but Slo Joe doesn't know how to sustain that, and since government, according to Slo Joe,  is supposed to know how, but doesn't, gas will be just one more item on a list of missing in action.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Tthe most salient question we must ask about acts of Russian terrorism on American soil is how these attacks benefit Trump.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
Trump is no longer your concern. We have a current president [?] who prefers sleep to discussion of Russian cyber attack.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@fauxlaw
who prefers sleep to discussion of Russian cyber attack.
Well, buddy, you are the one who carefully omitted any mention of Russian terrorism in your OP although that was the single most relevant fact regarding your subject and not any shortcoming of Biden's.  You are interested in the political effect of the terrorism but curiously shy about discussing the actual event. Gas stations aren't running out of gas because of supply but rather demand, everybody is filling up 'just in case' and its bound to cause shortages this weekend.  Trump just purged the Bush/Cheney out of the Republican party today but you think Americans ought to look elsewhere.  Trump is the greatest threat to American Democracy since the Great Depression.  I'd no more end my concerns regarding Trump than I'd ignore a viper aflame in my pajamas.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
It's simple: my topic was not the Russians, what they did, or why, but simply Biden's reaction to the question posed to him about what he was going about the gas stations closing due to lack of gasoline. If you want to pursue that angle, the field is ready for harvest; go ahead. That is not my subject, is it? Your argument is simply blowing hot air into your wish balloon that Trump was still around to bash, because no one succeeded in making him quit, though how hard y'all tried.

Misdirection is a common ploy that fails here. Try again.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@fauxlaw
It’s always Russia Russia Russia. Been that way for the last 4 years. Nothings gonna change with these incompetent idiots 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ILikePie5
@fauxlaw
It's been Russia Russia Russia for the past 75 years or so....Albeit formerly the U.S.S.R. 

And Faux....What do you expect when you elect old men......Certainly not dynamism....Though Trump was dynamically inept, I suppose.

Nonetheless....People were taught that gas guzzling motors were the bees knees, and that gasoline was cheap and available, so it's fair to suggest that we might now need to teach a bit of the opposite.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
The only reason the company isn't releasing the gas is a fear the weak spots in the pipeline might be targeted. This company has a crappy pipeline and crappy IT department. Nothing to do with Washington. Except a lack of policing cyber crime. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@zedvictor4
The Trump you hate does not exist. 

Every president since Truman has promised to move the US Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv. Every one. Only one did it: Donald Trump. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/14/us/politics/trump-jerusalem-embassy-middle-east-peace.html

No Democrat or Republican President dared meet NoKo face-to-face until Trump did. That’s how diplomacy starts.  https://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-trump-kim-summit-20180611-story.html

No President, Roosevelt through Obama, Republican or Democrat. Passed a tax cut package the size of Trump’s. His corporate tax cut was 43%, largest in a century. That’s historic enough for me. What? You’re not a corporation? That’s on you. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tax-history/trumps-tax-cut-wont-be-the-biggest-in-u-s-history-idUSKBN1D223O

Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act, under duress as a Southern Democrat facing loss of the South for his party, but my factoid was Black unemployment. No modern president since Roosevelt, at least, has achieved the unemployment rate reached by Trump. https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/aug/01/donald-trump-said-hes-done-more-african-americans-/
Not to mention that black poverty rate had never seen better numbers. Trump cut Johnson’s black poverty rate by half. https://infogram.com/untitled-1hxr4znwq7m54yo?live

Carter’s Iran disaster was legendary. You suggest Oba’a made a great deal. He sure did; it ensured Iran would have nuclear weapons by 2025. Read the Deal? No? I did. It’s a disaster, caving to Iran in addition to giving them $1.3B plus $400M in cash. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/03/01/was-obamas-1-7-billion-cash-deal-with-iran-prohibited-by-u-s-law/
As for the deal itself, it took all of 3 months, from July to October, for Iran to begin violating the deal, multiple times. https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/Timeline-of-Nuclear-Diplomacy-With-Iran

Clinton declared a substantive deal in 1994 with NoKo, but never met with Rocketman’s father. The deal was violated by NoKo almost immediately, which was meant to deter NoKo’s advances in achieving a nuclear missile delivery system. They have it, and have had it since 2002. https://theconversation.com/why-the-uss-1994-deal-with-north-korea-failed-and-what-trump-can-learn-from-it-80578

Oba’a economy was so recovered that he never achieved a greater quarter-to-quarter growth rate above 2.5%. He declared, himself, that 2% GDP was the new norm. https://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/11/07/obama-warns-of-new-normal-for-economy/

His economy was so recovered, he lost our AAA credit rating for the first time in history in 2011, costing us billions in new interest payments on the debt, and affected the world market downgrade. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-debt-downgrade/united-states-loses-prized-aaa-credit-rating-from-sp-idUSTRE7746VF20110807

The only effect of Obama’s increase in market value was by artificial infusion of cash from the Federal Reserve, but the market saw immediate rise, then precipitous fall, because artificial infusion cannot sustain the market, and it didn’t. People look at the rise of the market during Oba’a, but ignore its numerous falls. While overall, the market grew from 8,000 to 18,000, but, in the process, it also lost 6,000 points in his 8 years; a net gain of an ordinary 4,000 point gain. https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=djia+today&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8 look at the max view.

None of these highlighted presidents did anything that Roosevelt didn’t, but Trump did, as I said. I’ve cited the evidence. Cry me a river.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
I don't hate Trump at all.

Trump was simply not cut out for the job...As you were probably well aware.

Similarly....Joe was once probably cut out for the job (irrespective of politics and policies), but unfortunately he is now clearly to old.

I don't hate Joe either.

"Hate" is a powerful, but glibly overused word.

I can't remember ever experiencing hate.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@zedvictor4
It appears to me that, compared to what Slo Joe has accomplished so far [besides a steady diet of bed], Trump accomplished quite a good deal more than expected.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@fauxlaw
Trump accomplished quite a good deal more than expected.
You are talking about the Natioanal Debt, right?  Using Treasury Direct's data, from the time Trump took office in January 2017 through September of this year, the national debt rose from $19.9 trillion to $26.9 trillion, which is an increase of $7 trillion in Trump's first term. This is a 35 percent increase.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@FLRW
My post #9 indicates what I was talking about. Reading is a skill that seems to have skipped a generation.

But your subject, the national debt, ignores that of all presidents, Trump ranks but 10th worst for addition to national debt. Want to take a guess who ranks 5th?

Try Oba'a. 74% addition to the national debt; more than double Trump, which actually was 33%, not 35%:  https://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-by-president-by-dollar-and-percent-3306296
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
For sure, Donald was the more vigorous.

And for sure, armchair and slippers for Joe.....He's got that young Harris woman to do all  the running around.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
Tthe most salient question we must ask about acts of Russian terrorism on American soil is how these attacks benefit Trump.
I thought Biden said the Kremlin wasn’t behind the attack...
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
He did. The leftists are in disarray as to where the narrative is and who to believe. Certainly not the current president from the comments in this thread.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Many Demotards won't even listen to their party president regarding the lifting of the mask mandates.

TDS has absolutely destroyed the Democrats long after Trump retired from politics.
thett3
thett3
Biden sucks, but is this really his fault? It seems like a panic-driven run on gas stations stemming from a private pipeline being hacked could happen under any president 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@thett3
It seems awfully suspicious that this is another Democrat-manufactured crisis that they blame on the Russians. Again. And again. And again...

Of course, it would have never happened had Trump just kept quiet about US energy production independence - a stab to the heart 0of the Green New Deal.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
--> @oromagi
The most salient question we must ask about acts of Russian terrorism on American soil is how these attacks benefit Trump.
Biden said:

we do not believe the Russian government was involved in this attack. But we do have strong reason to believe that the criminals who did the attack are living in Russia. That’s where it came from - were from Russia. We have been in direct communications with Moscow about the imperative for responsible countries to take decisive action against these ransomware networks.  And we’re also going to pursue a measure to disrupt their ability to operate. And our justice department has launched a new task force dedicated to prosecuting ransomware hackers to the full extent of the law.
In fact, very little Russian cybercrime is easily traced back to the Russian Govt. which should not be taken to mean that Putin is not the ultimate prime mover.  Just as most organized crime in Russia and by Russians overseas answers ultimately to oligarchs in Putin's dominion, most Russian cybercrime is commited by non-state actors who enjoy some measure of state license.  So, for example,  the cyberattacks on French television after the Charlie Hebdo attacks in 2015 were initially attributed to a group called the Cyber Caliphate- but it took years to reveal that the hack was APT28-Fancy Bear, which is not a Russian organization or even likely made up of many Russians but a group of hackers that demonstrate the priorities and resources of the Russian state.

LIkewise, the DoS attacks on Estonia in 2007 were partially traced back to Russian students who attacked Russian targets in exchange for free tuition.

A great book on this subject, "The Cuckoo's Egg" by Clifford Stoll, depicts one the earliest known Russian cyberattacks on US and how a UNIX neophyte and student at Berkeley (Stoll) exposed them.  West German students were penetrating various Defense contractors and selling things like submarine blueprints to Putin's KGB office in East Germany in exchange for cocaine.

Big picture, it is not realistic to suppose that some organized crime group might attack the US (and particularly oil interests) from within Russian but without some thumbs up from Putin, even if no evidence for that approval exists.

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@fauxlaw
Doesn't Trump holding his Miss Universe contest in Moscow in 2013 explain Trump's love for Russia and obsession with Vladimir Putin? Shouldn't America's  First Lady be born in America like the President has to be, instead of being born in a Communist country? Do you think Melania gave Putin the launch codes?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@FLRW
A string of nonsense.
1. Trump, then a privater citizen and entrepreneur, held the Miss U. in Russia, no doubt, for an enterprising profit. Free market capitalism, which doesn't really care who's paying if the consequences are not future-limiting. I currently have two Russian clients who purchase my writing skills on a regular basis. They pay better and more on time than some of my American clients. Their payments do not expect any under-the-table benefits to them other than the product they receive. Free-market capitalism in which everybody wins. Period.
2. There is no constitutional requirement of birth for anyone but the President of the United State, not even the President's spouse. Doesn't matter where the spouse is born since the spouse has no official, constitutional function. The spouse need not even be a citizen. Looks better, sure, but there is no constitutional requirement. 
3. The President's spouse, any President and any spouse, has no access to the nuclear codes. No, I don't think that happens. Should a President tell his spouse the codes, which change daily, anyway, is a felony and violation of the oath of office.

Take your wish balloon and blow it up elsewhere. I expect you to think about this stuff.