Total: 12
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
Will we rename it Dengland.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
I wish, as a Chinese. Just hope that Chinese technology ensures us to go to mars before the US.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Intelligence_06
As a recent convert to the attitude that we ought, as nations, consider all other nations as allies, all, and not some allies, but some adversaries. We will never achieve the age-old dream of peace on Earth, goodwill to man, if we cannot abandon the thought that some of us should be adversaries. Therefore, in that light, I applaud your national pride, and hope the best for you. You will forgive, then, if I have the same pride for my USA. But, what I really think is that it would be wonderful to go as Earthlings, and not as separate nations. However, I do not believe we ought to abandon nationalities in favor of a one-world government, for I fear a loss of our individual cultures. I have been in many countries, including China, and I appreciate their different cultures, and celebrate our human diversity.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
@Intelligence_06
The race is on.

Though I firmly agree with Faux, that cooperation in Space exploration and technology would be the NICE way forwards.

Though perhaps, in terms of evolutionary progress, NICE is irrelevant. 

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@zedvictor4
@fauxlaw
I am sorry, I misinterpreted the topic statement, I thought it meant that China will be the first to establish an actual colony on Mars, as I think this is what the “red planet” refers to.

To your interpretations, no.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
Hahaha, Communist 'Red planet, hahahahahahaha.
I get it now,
Because Deng Xiaoping.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
Yes correct.

The Red Planet does indeed refer to the Planet Mars, and current explorations thereof.

But the "prophecy", was a playful dig, aimed at our American Brothers and Sisters....(All genders inclusive)

Do you get a version of Robot Wars on Chinese TV?

I currently envisage Rover Wars.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@zedvictor4
@Intelligence_06
I, too, thought your reference was to China, given the solid color of the flag's background. I don't think of the American flag as a singular color any more than I do of the Union Jack, or the Tri-Colour of France, my heritage.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
Well, there was obviously a hint of China there.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@fauxlaw
However, I do not believe we ought to abandon nationalities in favor of a one-world government, for I fear a loss of our individual cultures. I have been in many countries, including China, and I appreciate their different cultures, and celebrate our human diversity.
You contradict the first half with the second half.  Could you clarify? As far as I know cultures exist regardless. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
You contradict the first half with the second half.
Did I?
First half: I do not believe we ought to abandon nationalities.
Second half: I appreciate their different cultures.

Therefore, because of differing cultures in different nations [yes, some nations have similar cultures, like USA and Canada] we should maintain different nations. There are certainly cultural differences between USA and China. What contradiction? Do we need a dictionary, again?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Intelligence_06
Congratulations on the landing of Zhurong rover on Mars!